Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The thread that never dies!
It is nice to see you around XC

I hope you are doing great! Smile
[Image: Robin.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robin 's post:
  • Squirrel
Always great to see old peeps being around after all the years.
And already 2019, I'm getting old.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

Thread revive  Exclamation

Why ?

For reasons  Exclamation

Tongue
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
[-] The following 2 users Like Supergirl 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Mikasa
(01-15-2019, 02:42 PM)samira Wrote: No worries, everyone does, even the young. No human lives forever but this thread will! I'm sure WallE will keep this thread alive when humanity left this planet.

~snips da meme~

PS Lol I meant AM. In my timezone we do not use AM/PM.. They confuse me. >.<

You're from a place where EVERYONE uses 24 hr 'Military time'? (In North America, at least, people call it 'Military time', because both the American and Canadian military use nothing but.)

I use it at my work, since no-one ever wants to mistake what "time" a customer wants us to do something. (lol) It made it all the way to the top -- our ISO27001 policies.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
Already February friends... Time is flying.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

(02-04-2019, 11:34 AM)Mikasa Wrote: Already February friends... Time is flying.

Just like it always does!

Dat time is one biatch dat jus' don't slow down fo' NO-one!

Have fun, or not... Time, she gonna fly
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Mikasa
(02-04-2019, 10:00 PM)samira Wrote: Albert Einstein disagrees. He says time is relative. Tongue

I am not Einstein, or close to his intelligence, but what I know is, the older you are, the faster time runs (not that the time really go faster, but we feel it this way  Exclamation

Just think about a afternoon at your childhood, how long only 1 of these afternoon has been, playing with your spirit focused on only one thing you played  Exclamation

If I am right about, I can tell you maybe in 20 or 30 years, when I can confirm this trend  Exclamation

Big Grin

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(02-04-2019, 10:00 PM)samira Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 02:42 PM)samira Wrote: PS Lol I meant AM. In my timezone we do not use AM/PM.. They confuse me. >.<

You're from a place where EVERYONE uses 24 hr 'Military time

Sure! Smile
[/quote]

I'll guess a US Military Base that is not in the Continental USA?

(02-04-2019, 11:45 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Dat time is one biatch dat jus' don't slow down fo' NO-one!
Albert Einstein disagrees. He says time is relative. Tongue
[/quote]

It is relative... across species. For a squirrel (considering it just lives an average of 18 months), a full year would be a long time... even if it doesn't realize that.

For us humans, maybe a decae is a decent amount of time.

For God (if you believe there is one), who is immortal, time has a much different significance.
Fight the Good Fight
  • Mikasa
Dont forget that "time" was defined by us self (humans)  Exclamation

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • Mikasa
(02-04-2019, 10:15 PM)Supergirl Wrote: I am not Einstein, or close to his intelligence, but what I know is, the older you are, the faster time runs (not that the time really go faster, but we feel it this way  Exclamation

Just think about a afternoon at your childhood, how long only 1 of these afternoon has been, playing with your spirit focused on only one thing you played  Exclamation

If I am right about, I can tell you maybe in 20 or 30 years, when I can confirm this trend  Exclamation

Big Grin

I would suggest that again, time is relative!

In your case, the apparent speed of time is influenced by what you happen to be doing, or what you are going through then.

If you are going through something painful, time does anything but fly. Sometimes, it feels like it's standing still. That's when you know you are enduring some hardship currently.

And at other times, if you are with someone who's company you enjoy, it seems to speed along, faster than the speed of light -- regardless of how much time you have with them, before you know it, it's gone.
Fight the Good Fight
  • Mikasa
I ment it the other way around, as kid we played maybe 3 or 4 hours in a row at the same game (not computer games)  Exclamation

And when you think now about it, these 3 - 4 hours you felt (as kid) like it was a whole day  Exclamation

(I think my english is to bad to explain exactly what I mean)

Confused

(02-05-2019, 09:15 PM)samira Wrote: Physical laws are also valid for squirrels Big Grin You can't escape them! Except maybe in another dimension. Huh

Except gravity. Us furry-rodents are so light, and our fur so fluffy, dat we're part feather, part parachute when we launch ourselves off a branch!
Fight the Good Fight
  • Mikasa
der Ballon 

die Katze (cat)

der Kater (male cat)

das Tier Katze (animal cat)

der "Felix" (male name of the cat)

die "Mia" (female name of the cat)

"poor" germans, need to know so much about their language

Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(02-06-2019, 08:52 PM)samira Wrote: Squirrel:
Quote:Except gravity. Us furry-rodents are so light,
Aha ahem, it does not matter how light you are, if you have any weight, gravity influences you! (I'm currently learning more about physics so I have to show off Big Grin )
But this leads us to the question, if a baloon filled with helium after he* has left the lower parts of the athmospehre behind, will raise and raise and raise and finally reach space? Or will it not, because, even helium, despite being ligther than air, actually has a weight and so is influenced by gravity. Figure this one out, definetly-not-lighter-than-air-squirrel. Tongue Big Grin

* = I decided not to correct this mistake. In German a baloon is a masculine noun, therefore "he". Ok, so in English things are neuter nouns. But then again a cat (if it has a name?) can be a he or she! How is anoyone supposed to understand that?!! Confused

LOL! Yes, yes, everything falls at the same rate of speed, weight is meaningless. But you forgot the other factor! Air resistance! Us furry-rodents almost float back to the earth, thanks to air whippin' through our fur! Big Grin And when we hit, our light weight allows for less chance of bad things happening, like breaking bones.

I have a feeling that the balloon of helium rises to the outmost part of the atmosphere and then just sits there like a discarded piece of bubble gum, glued to the underside of a bench -- just more human pollution. :|

I am, however, far too lazy to see if I'm right. Maybe it bursts into flame as per things re-entering the atmosphere instead.

~has found, with age, he does not have the need to know everything~
Fight the Good Fight
(02-12-2019, 11:46 PM)samira Wrote:
Quote:  Us furry-rodents almost float back to the earth, thanks to air whippin' through our fur!
No no no! I do not believe you! You try to make me think you are a "Flying squirrel" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_squirrel ) but you are just an ordinary squrirel! Or... are you not?! Are you the supergirlman amongst the squirrels?!!! Confused Big Grin

Hey, I didn't use the word "fly", you did! But surely you've seen, and been amazed by these furry critters, racing out on a branch that already is not exactly level and straight, then launching themselves into the air, only to land on another branch maybe 10 to 15' (3-5 metres) away?? I would sit there amazed by this... that they would even TRY!

And once, I saw a squirrel miss it's landing. It fell at least 20 or 30' to the ground, and I was about to start crying over another dead squirrel, when it just got up, and scampered off again!!

There IS a variety of squirrel, I think, called a flying squirrel? But I think it's the same thing. Extra strong hind legs that make it easier to jump farther... combined with their light weight, allows them to jump surprisingly far!

Quote:I have a feeling that the balloon of helium rises to the outmost part of the atmosphere and then just sits there like a discarded piece of bubble gum, glued to the underside of a bench -- just more human pollution.
I am not sure where the ISS is cruising around but maybe they can rescue poor lost baloon...? Big Grin

I thought for a second that 'ISS' was a StarTrek reference, and I was going to tease you about that, fulfilling a component of the "average IT person", and all. but then thought, "Didn't they call it 'USS (insert name of ship here)?!"

Did you just mean ISS, as in the 'International Space Station"?

I could be wrong, but I expected that thang to be in a sort of staitonary orbit. lol It's not like they can pull into an Esso and refuel! Wink

Oh, and not top be picky or corrective, but I know you like to get teh words right. After you used 'baloon' in 2 messages, I lost my own confidence that I knew how to spell it, and looked it up.

As the song "Neun und Neunzich Luft Ballons" reminded me, the German of that is different... but the English has 2 l's and 2 o's!

(It's been soooo long since I heard that. Man, I'm startin' to feel old again!)

Quote:I am, however, far too lazy to see if I'm right. Maybe it bursts into flame as per things re-entering the atmosphere instead.
Ask @Supergirl she can fly up to the baloon and take a look! She is very lazy, having here own TV series made here "busy" answering all the fan mails... She should do something more useful! Wink Wink

:O

:O

How is it that she has not already answered this?!

Her see-through laser vision should have allowed her to spot this appearing in her social media feed, bringing her instant and humourous reply, leaving you to feel ....roasted?
Fight the Good Fight