Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agar.io Community Update: addressing bots and lag
Quote:BY SAMSMITH ON APRIL 14, 2016

Hello, Agar.io fans! Sam from the community team here. I wanted to take some time to address some of the main bits of feedback we get from our players, particularly those who mainly play Agar.io on web: bots and lag. We know these are big issues for our players, and we also want you to know that we’re aware of them and are working to solve them.

Bots and lag are the two biggest issues with Agar.io today, and they can be distressing and annoying for players to deal with. I’m here to let you all know that we are very aware of these problems and fixing them is our biggest priority. We’re constantly working on ways to remove these issues and make Agar.io a better experience for everyone.

Some people think bots have something to do with us here at Miniclip, but the truth is that bots are illegal modifications to the game, created and sold by third parties for a profit. They spoil the balance of the game for all the players on that server.

[Image: download-1024x509.png?resize=667%2C332]

If it were as simple as hitting a switch and removing bots, we’d obviously have done it already! A lot of people have suggested using a Captcha to log into the game, but unfortunately this wouldn’t work. Instead, we’re working constantly to find new ways to stop these bots, and we’ve already released a number of fixes that have helped a lot. Unfortunately, this is a process that is going to take time. As long as people keep using bots, the people who make them will keep trying to find ways around our security.

We’re working on permanent, long-term solutions to bots, but in the mean time, there is something you can do to help us: STOP USING THEM. I see a lot of people claiming they only use bots because “other people do” but unfortunately this doesn’t solve anything. Be the bigger person, rise above cheating and please, don’t use bots. By funding and supporting the people who do, you are ensuring that our job of removing them from the game is harder than it needs to be. We’ve started banning players who are detected using bots, so keep it in mind!

The other thing I want to talk about is lag. This is a tough one to tackle, as it’s always hard to pin down exactly why an individual player is experiencing lag. It could be internet problems, issues with our servers, performance issues with your PC or any number of other variables. To try and reduce lag on the player’s end, we’ve added a graphics setting option on PC that lets you turn down the visuals in case your PC can’t handle it. We also display a message at the bottom of the screen if we detect high CPU load on your computer – this means you need to turn the settings down! Also, make sure to turn off anything else using lots of your bandwidth – video streaming, torrents and the like.

[Image: download-2-1024x509.png?resize=667%2C332]

We’re also working on improvements to reduce lag on our end. The process well is underway and hopefully the game will be running more smoothly for everybody soon.

The main thing I’m keen to stress is that we are just as aware of these two issues as all our players, and fixing them is our main priority. Don’t think that things like new skins are taking priority – we’re working on multiple things behind the scenes, and some naturally take longer than others.

Thank you all for playing and enjoying Agar.io, and bearing with us while we work on these improvements. We’ve got some great stuff coming up this year, including a brand new mode that totally changes the way the game is played. Leave a comment below if you’ve got a question, and make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more up to date news.

Source: http://blog.miniclip.com/2016/04/14/bots-and-lag/
-Saruman," I said, standing away from him, "You shall not pass". Saruman said, "I've got powerups". That's the day I learnt, it was best to play on another server. Much rather guard the secret room. It's very nice, grows the old toby. I like the old toby. Sometimes it even unleashes some magical mushrooms that make my world twice as fast. They call it the 2x speed shroom.
Yay, sounds good! Let's see what the future brings Smile
[Image: Voakie.png]