Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slither.io lag?
It seems there is still like, 500+ people a server which is pretty insane and lags a lot. Does anyone know exactly when this will be fixed so I can finally get bigger than before. Thanks for any responces.
If it's a free game, they may be trying to 'take off', so to speak, as agar.io already has.

A game like this is a pretty good choice for a cloud environment. That way, you could allocate more CPU or memory as needed. But it all takes money. So if they have no ads on the site, probably you won't see much improvement until they have some sort of way of making money.

This is the 2nd time I've seen this game mentioned though. I might have to go check it out soon. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
There's an issue though.

At specific hours every day, there are servers (perhaps all servers?) infested with bots. These are not the kind of bots that go into you, like in Agario, but they are the kind of bots that play against everyone. The thing is, they are very easly recognizable. As a player, you can see how they take non-human decision. They tend to not eat mass, and if anyone is close to them, they turn on speed boost.

The bots often cause servers to be infested with 500+ people at once. Something which does cause lagg.
I do not know why this happens. It seems to be like it is very organized, the bots come on at specific times in the day. They play well. I can assure you, they are bots. Their names are often just "Alice" "bob" "Hax" "Slitherking" and you know what?
I believe it is Miniclip running these bots. For what reason? Who knows. Possibly to trick their own statistics including more players than there actually is?
[Image: PrivateRyanOnlineXD.gif]
Agar.io real life
[-] The following 1 user Likes Honest's post:
  • Sinister
always lags((
(04-13-2016, 01:51 PM)Honest Wrote: There's an issue though.

At specific hours every day, there are servers (perhaps all servers?) infested with bots. These are not the kind of bots that go into you, like in Agario, but they are the kind of bots that play against everyone. The thing is, they are very easly recognizable. As a player, you can see how they take non-human decision. They tend to not eat mass, and if anyone is close to them, they turn on speed boost.

The bots often cause servers to be infested with 500+ people at once. Something which does cause lagg.
I do not know why this happens. It seems to be like it is very organized, the bots come on at specific times in the day. They play well. I can assure you, they are bots. Their names are often just "Alice" "bob" "Hax" "Slitherking" and you know what?
I believe it is Miniclip running these bots. For what reason? Who knows. Possibly to trick their own statistics including more players than there actually is?

Well, that would certainly explain the lag. If the problem is as bad as you say, then likely the makers/hosts are aware of the problem, and no doubt are working to correct it.

Unfortunately, with games that are functional based simply out of a web page, bots are always possible to create, and any anti-bot strategy must already be in the game.

For a new game, it's hard, because they have a lot of work to do to make the game itself, which is just the spend-spend-spend phase, so they might put aside the anti-bot stuff at the beginning.

But in the current on-line game era, an HTML game has to already have a strategy in place, or such things can be expected.

I'll bet they have bots out so fast on slither.io, because it's a rewrite of one made for agar.io, and the two games have a number of internal similarities.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Its never lag for me but when it lags it is my internet. So i don't blame slither for that lol.
[Image: Robin.png]
I never lagg when i play slither with 550 people in 1 server... Weird that so many people have lagg.
Tired of living.
I lag on slither.io thats weird ._.
(04-28-2016, 05:20 PM)PrOHeLper Wrote: I lag on slither.io thats weird ._.

Do u have any extensions? If u do delete em and clear our history. If it doesn't work then its your PC. Big Grin
[Image: Robin.png]
Few theories how this can happend:
1st: It doesn't say the exact number that how much people are on the server
2nd: People are really big
3rd: Mods/Bots
(4th is something that helps you) i've heard that there is a mod that cause you to have less lag. Idk what's it called, sorry.
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]