Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
basic coding tutorials
I've seen a bunch of questions regarding basic coding, and creating scripts. I dont know much, but I've found some great tutorials pretty easily. So if you have questions, do a little searching, so when you ask someone for help, you'll be able to frame an intelligent question and not waste anyones time (besides you'll look smarter for it Wink )
http://www.tizag.com/phpT/fileupload.php tons of great tutorials linked on that page
https://robots.thoughtbot.com/how-to-mak...-extension
just a couple sites to answer basic questions...happy hacking!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Robin
The official and best php documentation, millions of examples: http://php.net/
-LKD70
[-] The following 2 users Like LKD70 's post:
  • Robin , run SPOT run
Huh that makes lot more sense.
[Image: Robin.png]
anyone tried codeacademy or is that trash?
Codeacadameny seems really cool.

Speaking of which I just signed up on Code Academy, where do you think I should start if I am TOTALLY NEW to coding? I wanna start with coding because I feel like it would allow me to be a much bigger help to this site, and just a nice thing to know in general. Also is p cool
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
(05-23-2016, 01:32 AM)~XC Wrote: Codeacadameny seems really cool.

Speaking of which I just signed up on Code Academy, where do you think I should start if I am TOTALLY NEW to coding? I wanna start with coding because I feel like it would allow me to be a much bigger help to this site, and just a nice thing to know in general. Also is p cool

you will find everything you need on youtube + google  Big Grin
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • run SPOT run
Uhh how to code then? with CTRL + SHIFT + I? sodaC
Tired of living.
(05-23-2016, 01:32 AM)~XC Wrote: Codeacadameny seems really cool.

I've used CodeAcademy for AngularJS, but it seems to be really boring for people who know how to already code different languages.
If you're looking for a simple language to start off from, I would say VB.NET; It's great for beginners that want to start Coding.
Now, C# (C-Sharp) and VB.NET (Visual Basic.NET) are two different languages, with different Syntax's, and they can only be used to make Windows Applications through the .NET Framework.
However, the way I decided to start, is through this line;
VB.NET => C# => HTML => CSS => PHP.

I know pretty much 90% of C#, but my old friend decided to help me learn C#, so it was twice as fast.
C# Applications are advanced, and highly configurable.
VB.NET Applications are meant to get people started in the .NET Framework.

So if I were you, I'd go for VB.NET first, or if you want to skip ahead, then go to C#, it's a really really fun language, easily understandable too.
If you're looking for a video on C#, then I would recommend Barnacules Nerdgasm, He is an ex Microsoft developer, and he is extremely easy to understand.

Else, if you want to learn Web Development, then I would suggest going to CodeAcademy and looking for a HTML and/or CSS Tutorial, or if you're lazy like me and want pre-made templates, then go to ThemeForest and look for "Bootstrap Templates" | Then you can go to CodeAcademy again to learn PHP, which is the language even Google uses for their website.
Yeah @Trinity I am just starting code academy! I finished HTML basics 1 and am doing web development beginners right now Big Grin Thanks for the tips man Coding seems really useful and diverse
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running!