Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Agar browser of choice
Which do you use for agar/AGF? And why do you use it?
-LKD70
Thumbs Up 
Chrome. IE is terrible.The only time I used Internet explorer was to make it dig its own grave. Never tried firefox or any other browser so I wouldn't know how good they are.
I use chrome because i have a hacks extension I mean music extension.

Click here to download hacks
(if you have epilepsy or think you'll die because of  fear don't click here)

ps: i have no hacks
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
I use google chrome canary, internet explorer sucks and Mozilla and the other browsers are meh.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
I use Chrome because Canary died on me once.
[Image: Voakie.png]
I use Firefox because contrary to chrome, it doesn't track you and it supports many more features which I use than chrome (you often have to install addons for things to work, while in firefox it most often work without downloading anything). I also used seamonkey for a brief time when I was too lazy to do everything separately. I also tend to favour mozilla in my coding, by that I mean that I tend to use file formats and functions which are supposed to work in every browser (because they are part of the web standards) but actually only work in firefox, but I admit guilty on using file formats which are not part of the web standards which only firefox supports, LIKE THE GLORIOUS APNG FORMAT.

I say that, but chrome is the second best browser I've ever tried in terms of functionality. Safari and Internet Explorer are broke compared to it and don't get me on with Lynx *shudders*

EDIT: I didn't fiddle much with Avast's Browser, but it seems okay, I'm not sure yet.
EDIT 2: I don't play agar/agf, but I don't think that a web game should impact a user's browser choice. Go with what you like and if it's incompatible, screw it!
Chrome does send analytics reports... It's part of Google, you could opt-out of it... But remember if you use google no matter what your browser of choice is, you're prone to this...

While I used to use firefox daily (old style was very adaptable, had great debugging tools built in) now I find it's become a bloated hard-to-customize mess of a browser. Not to mention chrome debugging and developer tools are now miles ahead.

Why does everyone insist on using Canary?
-LKD70
I kinda like it Smile

Also, it's still a clan used by a few too
-LKD70
[-] The following 1 user Likes LKD70 's post:
  • Breakfast
(07-24-2016, 03:11 PM)LKD70 Wrote: Chrome does send analytics reports... It's part of Google, you could opt-out of it... But remember if you use google no matter what your browser of choice is, you're prone to this...

While I used to use firefox daily (old style was very adaptable, had great debugging tools built in) now I find it's become a bloated hard-to-customize mess of a browser. Not to mention chrome debugging and developer tools are now miles ahead.

I honestly don't care at all about the Analytics. They don't know my name so it's fine I guess...

I also use Chrome because I "enjoy" the Developer Tools. Glad I found out they exist Big Grin

Wll for tha Canary part, I have it installed but I don't use it. It has a very nice Design though! Hopefully won't be long until it's official release.
(07-25-2016, 05:26 AM)Voakie Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 03:11 PM)LKD70 Wrote: Chrome does send analytics reports... It's part of Google, you could opt-out of it... But remember if you use google no matter what your browser of choice is, you're prone to this...

I honestly don't care at all about the Analytics. They don't know my name so it's fine I guess...

I also use Chrome because I "enjoy" the Developer Tools. Glad I found out they exist Big Grin

Wll for tha Canary part, I have it installed but I don't use it. It has a very nice Design though! Hopefully won't be long until it's official release.

you joking right?

It's been in stable chrome channel for ages under flags... Go to chrome://flags and change the setting "Material Design in the browser's top chrome" to Material. There's lots of nice flags meaning you don't have to have a bleeding edge browser and you have the option to use certain flags.. Like the new type javascript can mess with agar... on't use it or try to but it might mess up. Fuck using Canary for anything more than development.
-LKD70
(07-25-2016, 04:15 PM)LKD70 Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 05:26 AM)Voakie Wrote:

you joking right?

It's been in stable chrome channel for ages under flags... Go to chrome://flags and change the setting "Material Design in the browser's top chrome" to Material. There's lots of nice flags meaning you don't have to have a bleeding edge browser and you have the option to use certain flags.. Like the new type javascript can mess with agar... on't use it or try to but it might mess up. Fuck using Canary for anything more than development.

Nice! Didn't know that Big Grin

But I won't use Canary either. Probably...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • LKD70

Yeah, I've cut google from everything I use, it has sometimes been hard to find alternatives, especially when the next best is often a Microsoft product (and they track you as much as google do). But I've managed, the only thing I've yet to actually find something is an alternative to youtube, ahh, I tried dailymotion and a few others, but it's not as satisfying! Privacy is a scarce commodity on the internet nowadays.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • LKD70
Google's tracking is necessary to provide the wide range of services they do... Much is the same for many other services and companies.

Sure you can avoid it completely, but it limits yourself so vastly... It's worth the nearly non-existent risks if you ask me.
-LKD70
I believe you have done little research into the alternatives AND what google & microsoft do with the information gathered. 90% of what they collect is unnecessary to provide services, with most of the data serving the sole purpose of being sold to advertising companies. Google's own advertisement "services" will also make use of that kind of data.

I think you are limiting yourself by only going with what big companies do and avoiding to try (or at least take a look at) alternatives made by competitors and other groups. I've discovered so many great new things, I regret that people won't take a look at those just because it's not "Usual Big Popular Company new", but "Other Unpopular new" and actually qualifying this as limiting one's experience of the internet. This, LKD70, is being intellectually lazy.

Even if it wasn't for the privacy issue, I'd look for new alternatives to see what's best, though I admit I highly value it and I have discarded great things of which I found to violate this core principle. I'd compare that to trying indie games in a same genre, comparing the experience with a previous AAA game you played a lot, then deciding to make the switch because it's more enjoyable than the AAA game.

Sure you can stay with what's given, something may bother you quite a bit and you may think "yeah, but it's worth it", but you'd stay ignorant your whole life if you don't try to look for something which has the "it's worth it" plus a fix to what's bothering you. You might say that it doesn't always exist and it's true, as I mentioned in the case of youtube (which has no better alternatives), but will you know if you don't make a single effort to find out? It's not a matter of if it's worth it or not as you seem to think.
How could I say it's worth it if I'd not tried other services? I've used many alternative software's... gimp, duckduckgo, WPS, LibreOffice, Mega, weiyun, yunpan, yandex, and disconnect.me, many many others too. I've looked at the risks, I've looked at the benefits, I know exactly what data is used by google and where (it's all public infomation that you can read up on). I'm totally happy with that they want from me to supply the service they do.

I'm a huge fan of services like DuckDuckGo, they promise no tracking, no logging of IPs, personal data, no use of cookies, and much much more... They've also got great search querying in terms of specific site querying with the use of the '! ' operator... Though I don't feel the search results are fitting for me. One thing Google does with the data it collects on you is use it to personalize your results, for me that's a huge gain and a huge plus for Google.

tl;dr - To say "it's worth it" I had to try other services, so this isn't ignorance at all. It's opinion based on being well informed.
-LKD70
i like duckduckgo's ethics, but search results are garbage. I have always gone back to chrome/chromium because it does exactly what I need it to do, simple as that. browsers for me are less like a pair of socks (that you change all the time), and more like a comfy chair (it takes a while to break it in and get it just how you like it). being a curious type of person, I frequently look around for new and exciting things, but rarely do more than just test drive them. when presented with several options for something, your not just "generic, or a sheeple" for using what the majority uses...often the majority is the majority for a reason: Because they've found what works BEST! so whatever you use, dont be embarrassed, or too proud, do what works for you!

p.s. I couldnt care less about any info google collects about me, cuz I don't do anything online that I need to be nervous about! sure I utilize Qbittorrent and some of the various torrent hosting sites (r.i.p. kickass)...who doesnt? should I be scared? I'm not...and for other things, yeah I have TOR and the Onion browser...just gotta be smart.
the most important thing about using any browser is to know what you want and dont fall for clickbait. the second you start letting the browser guide you, you become vulnerable. Use adblockers, use trusted sites, use trusted uploaders for content, use common sense, and for pete's sake, DONT use internet explorer or antivirus software!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • LKD70