Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why are people so die-hard against any kind of teaming??
I always see people going off about teams and how they hate them, and I really don't get it.

I mean I hate when I'm trying to enter a server and just keep getting eaten over and over by a team who is dominating, but it never gets me THAT frustrated. People go as far as making it known they hate teaming in their freaking username or post angry threads about it. I like teaming at times (when the other person isn't terrible)

So why are y'all so against it??

Someone, please enlighten me.
[-] The following 3 users Like cuntnugg3t 's post:
  • Robin , Squirrel , ✨101✨
AGF is about skill

(Amoungst other things but I won't go on cause it would go on forever)

Lets say I take out #1. It takes skill, yes?

Lets then say relax gets 10k from me.

I also have 10k and it is a battle of skill (and lag XP)
Relax wins and I have to admit it was a fair fight. No?

Let's say 2 people have been teaming on the other side of the map. They have 12k I have 22k. Not enough to just split.

The team gives mass to one person and the other looks to press W at a virus multiple times - Spreading all of my mass into smaller blobs. The team then splits and I die.

2v1 is not fair. And although it can be done by higher skill players it is VERY hard to take out a team that have been dominating the server for a few minutes. And even if you are gonna win

They press E and auto combine.
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

[-] The following 5 users Like Conquest's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Lucyfer, Relax , Voakie , ✨101✨
(01-13-2017, 03:42 PM)Conquest Wrote: AGF is about skill

(Amoungst other things but I won't go on cause it would go on forever)

Lets say I take out #1. It takes skill, yes?

Lets then say relax gets 10k from me.

I also have 10k and it is a battle of skill (and lag XP)
Relax wins and I have to admit it was a fair fight. No?

Let's say 2 people have been teaming on the other side of the map. They have 12k I have 22k. Not enough to just split.

The team gives mass to one person and the other looks to press W at a virus multiple times - Spreading all of my mass into smaller blobs. The team then splits and I die.

2v1 is not fair. And although it can be done by higher skill players it is VERY hard to take out a team that have been dominating the server for a few minutes. And even if you are gonna win

They press E and auto combine.

I gotcha. I still don't think teams are that much of a threat. And who doesn't love a good challenge?
[-] The following 3 users Like cuntnugg3t 's post:
  • Conquest, Relax , Squirrel
Yes, but you have to think about the people who are not so great at the game. To them, it's like an unbeatable boss that one shots them.

i think i think too much

[-] The following 2 users Like Conquest's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , ™ Chronic
(01-13-2017, 05:56 PM)Conquest Wrote: Yes, but you have to think about the people who are not so great at the game. To them, it's like an unbeatable boss that one shots them.

I agree @Conquest .  There are so many little players that play daily but never get really good. None the less, with out them the games would be half empty and there would be nothing for the teamers to eat  and to get big from.  The game would suck! 

On the other hand for many good solo'ers there is no challenge in the game unless they can fight teams. So those peeps might stop comming. SO .. we have to compromise so it works for every body. 

So maybe some but not all teamers could get a bit of self respect if needed and quit taking advantage.

Teamers only need to team in pairs not 3 or 4. They dont need to get some one to pop all the viruses and to block the portal room. They don't need to camp. They don't really need to to brag and flame on the chat box when they are in number one position.

So teamers have given them selves a bad image and a bad name. That's my story and I'm stickin to it
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 3 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Conquest, Lucyfer, Squirrel
The trivial reason: I want to play with soloists, as this is the way I enjoyed Agario. Duels with other players 1 on 1. This is gone now. I have no place to go. Teaming is something I don't like in this game myself, so "start teaming" is not a solution for me.

From the beginning of my online gaming, FFA always meant a deatchmatch, everyone against everyone. And when I see FFA and teams, it just doesn't match. I find it ignorant (I don't want to be rude, but imho ignorance is much more common among young poeple nowadays comparing to what is was even a decade ago, yolo and other bs).

Agario FFA now is a big mess where new players have nothing to search for (since they can't play alone and can't team), and soloists have hard times (let's face it, slowteamers are pain in the butt for everyone but themselves).

I have never met great solo player who was annoying and gamebreaking for literally all players on the map. They were always a challenge for me but they were also great strategists. After an hour of domination the big guy had always some little enemies who ate him in the end after constant taunting with viruses. And finally the leader was consumed often by a bunch of competing cells, who started to eat each other as well. And it was beautiful.

I've met hundreds of slowteamers who made the game pointless for entire map. They rage on even 10 times smaller cells, because they have backup and don't have to think twice before attack. This never happened before with a soloist dominator.
I don't say they have no skill, they do, but they minimise the risk of wrong split drastically.

Overall, it's a pity even for newcomers, since they are in worse position than a year or more ago. That is why I don't like teams in FFA.
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 3 users Like Lucyfer's post:
  • Conquest, Squirrel , ™ Chronic
(01-13-2017, 10:28 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: The trivial reason: I want to play with soloists, as this is the way I enjoyed Agario. Duels with other players 1 on 1. This is gone now. I have no place to go. Teaming is something I don't like in this game myself, so "start teaming" is not a solution for me.

From the beginning of my online gaming, FFA always meant a deatchmatch, everyone against everyone. And when I see FFA and teams, it just doesn't match. I find it ignorant (I don't want to be rude, but imho ignorance is much more common among young poeple nowadays comparing to what is was even a decade ago, yolo and other bs).

Agario FFA now is a big mess where new players have nothing to search for (since they can't play alone and can't team), and soloists have hard times (let's face it, slowteamers are pain in the butt for everyone but themselves).

I have never met great solo player who was annoying and gamebreaking for literally all players on the map. They were always a challenge for me but they were also great strategists. After an hour of domination the big guy had always some little enemies who ate him in the end after constant taunting with viruses. And finally the leader was consumed often by a bunch of competing cells, who started to eat each other as well. And it was beautiful.

I've met hundreds of slowteamers who made the game pointless for entire map. They rage on even 10 times smaller cells, because they have backup and don't have to think twice before attack. This never happened before with a soloist dominator.
I don't say they have no skill, they do, but they minimise the risk of wrong split drastically.

Overall, it's a pity even for newcomers, since they are in worse position than a year or more ago. That is why I don't like teams in FFA.

^ Preach

i think i think too much

(01-13-2017, 10:39 PM)Conquest Wrote: ^ Preach
Lol, right. I didn't want it to sound this way, but to late to remove the most "preach like" part Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • Conquest
(01-13-2017, 10:28 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: The trivial reason: I want to play with soloists, as this is the way I enjoyed Agario. Duels with other players 1 on 1. This is gone now. I have no place to go. Teaming is something I don't like in this game myself, so "start teaming" is not a solution for me.

I feel you. I hate when I'm like a total mass of 70 and someone splits twice to eat me. I like all the competition / challenges though so I'm not against teams. I guess I'm just against the douchey teams who do stuff like that, and camp
[-] The following 4 users Like cuntnugg3t 's post:
  • Conquest, Lucyfer, Relax , ™ Chronic

Man I can't argue this. I agree with every body. But I know I'm not going to dwell in misery. I play the game and still laugh my ass off every time. Teams or no teams.
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
(01-13-2017, 02:27 PM)Cuntnugget Wrote: I always see people going off about teams and how they hate them, and I really don't get it.

I mean I hate when I'm trying to enter a server and just keep getting eaten over and over by a team who is dominating, but it never gets me THAT frustrated. People go as far as making it known they hate teaming in their freaking username or post angry threads about it. I like teaming at times (when the other person isn't terrible)

So why are y'all so against it??

Someone, please enlighten me.

I agree with you completely! It's a game... in the end, nothing that happens in there matters.

So you shouldn't need to cuss when things don't go your way, and it shouldn't bug you so much when 2 guys teaming make you into a snack.

And yet.... ~grin~

...probably most of us have gotten mouthy when there was only ourselves to hear it. (~waves paw as 'guilty'~)

I have nothing against teams, but I think there is a certain part of humanity that wants us to "play by the rules", and "Free for all", isn't pristine and pure, the second you have people teaming.

But there's no way to stop it from happening, so why get bent out of shape over a game?? It makes no sense. You can find plenty of things in life to tick you off. A game should help you counter all that cr@p, not add to it!

It's funny, because I play the public "Teams" game, and love being a team player, with all the various possible roles there are.... (blocker, bait, wingman, crash-test-driver, explosives expert, big-bad-eat-em-aller, and a number of others!)

...and yet... when the blue ball teams with the red ball, then I find myself irritated, and trying to get either killed, even if they're on my 'team'. (lol)

In the end, games should be an exercise in not getting mad. Every time you do, consider yourself to have failed. Wink

That's what I say, anyhow!

(And okay, I fail now and then... but not usually... and hard as I try to be perfect, I know I'll never make it there on this rock.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Lucyfer, Supergirl , ™ Chronic
(01-13-2017, 05:56 PM)Conquest Wrote: Yes, but you have to think about the people who are not so great at the game. To them, it's like an unbeatable boss that one shots them.

This is easy to overcome.

When you're playing a game, remember that it's there for your entertainment, and that it doesn't actually owe you anything.

It's just a game!

Okay, if a guy is finally having a great game, and some little team that's mouthing off in chat, even though they're really not that great manages to whack ya, sure, you're going to have that cuss-urge. So let one fly, and be done with it!

It's a game!

It's not a military battle-simulator that your C.O. expects to help keep you alive, once you're in the thick of hell.

And it's great that there is skill involved. But there's also luck, and -- whether you want to admit it or not -- whether someone decides to team up on your hide.

If you can design a better game, where teaming just can't be done, then go ahead, make it, release it. A bunch of you guys will probably play it!

The fact is... you can't change the game, you can only play the games they make.

And if it was too hard/impossible to remove "teaming" from that game, what are you going to do??

You can voice your opposition, and refuse to play it. Or you can not worry about the small stuff, and see if you can't have fun with it anyways.

I think everyone understands that moment where you want to swear, because some punk offed you, even though you're a better player, just because they had luck and help.

But so what? Shake it off, laugh, and go show 'em why you're a better player!

(01-13-2017, 10:28 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: From the beginning of my online gaming, FFA always meant a deatchmatch, everyone against everyone. And when I see FFA and teams, it just doesn't match. I find it ignorant (I don't want to be rude, but imho ignorance is much more common among young poeple nowadays comparing to what is was even a decade ago, yolo and other bs).

I understand you, and feel your disappointment. But that's "games" for you, in this day in age. They go through an evolutionary cycle. After people finish playing the game as it was meant to be, they start messing around, just because they can. You get bots. You get people trying to cheat. (All the 'mods' that make a game easier to play.) You get people purposely playing a game in a way that it was never intended to be.

And alas, ignorance is relative. It depends on your upbringing and values, and at the end of the day, any values that can't be forced within a game... don't we just have to accept, or not play?
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
Squirrel Wrote:...(blocker, bait, wingman, crash-test-driver, explosives expert, big-bad-eat-em-aller, and a number of others!)
Wow, I haven't had any idea you can play one of so many roles in team mode. This sounds like fun and good entertaining Smile.
Maybe this is a way to go now for me. I played this mode maybe 3 times in my life.

(01-14-2017, 08:27 AM)Squirrel Wrote: And alas, ignorance is relative. It depends on your upbringing and values, and at the end of the day, any values that can't be forced within a game... don't we just have to accept, or not play?
I accepted the way poeple play nowadays, but it is not the game I loved in the past. So I play very rarely now.
PS That ignorance part was what I called the most "preach like" part of my post which I wanted to remove. But it was discussed already so it wouldn't be appropriate to do this.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lucyfer's post:
  • Conquest, cuntnugg3t , Squirrel
(01-14-2017, 10:37 AM)Lucyfer Wrote: Wow, I haven't had any idea you can play one of so many roles in team mode. This sounds like fun and good entertaining Smile.
Maybe this is a way to go now for me. I played this mode maybe 3 times in my life.

Don't get me wrong, you'll have the same blood-bileth-over reaction when you find cross-team 'teams'. They really suck. (lol) Bug again, there's no way to prevent 'em... so I just change my mission as soon as I see one, to "kill the cross-teamers". As with FFA-Teams, killing either half of the team basically nukes it. Although, you would prefer to kill the one that had the size, so the reborn small dude can't just join up again. I imagine those guys Skype/etc so they know what each other are doing.

But yeah, there's more strategy in Teams, and there's finally starting to be more team players in Teams. Smile

(01-14-2017, 10:37 AM)Lucyfer Wrote: I accepted the way poeple play nowadays, but it is not the game I loved in the past. So I play very rarely now.
PS That ignorance part was what I called the most "preach like" part of my post which I wanted to remove. But it was discussed already so it wouldn't be appropriate to do this.

I think it's a valid point, though... and addresses 'game culture', if you will. Things are different than the way they were 20 yrs ago. After the first phase of the game (always on-line), where people have the most fun, there's usually one or more phases where there's BS going on, and it's less fun.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , Lucyfer
All of you are losers, it's a game.

The only thing's you need to know are when shoot a virus and when to split and it takes time.

If you memorize the names of these different split's and "moves"... You have the brain of a 5 year old kid.

ok bye, do not argue with me
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like plsdonteatme's post:
  • Apix , Conquest, cuntnugg3t , Relax , ✨101✨