Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KEEP FREEZING ON AGF???? (RANT)
So for the past few days I have been noticing every time I play agf, a few seconds in i'll freeze, sometimes for 10-20 seconds, other times forever and I end up refreshing.

This is really annoying because the freezing happens whenever I split or am virused; and quick movements seem to trigger a freeze.

This is getting unbearable for me since I can't play the game appropriately, there will be times I'm #1 with like 60k mass or something and I randomly freeze and have to refresh, but at this point I can't even get to that much mass and I end up freezing at >1k mass.

In other words, I CAN'T PLAY AGF BECAUSE OF THIS SH*T

There could be other factors, maybe my wifi or the laptop I'm playing on, but if it is anything AGF related please fix @Sora  

Does anyone else keep on freezing???
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Apix , Faded, ™ Chronic
Another rant, lol. Tongue

Anyways, I agree with you but whenever a virus hits me I freeze. I can't even do anything anymore that's why I kind of quit AGF, but I think it's because of my internet. Hopefully the update he's working on makes things better like setting to remove the background... I need that 100% gone then MAYBE I can play.

I have 1 MB download, and 0.63 upload. (Best internet ever)

Poor 101, starting to look like a noob because of this problem... lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Apix 's post:
  • ™ Chronic , ✨101✨
(12-22-2016, 11:57 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: So for the past few days I have been noticing every time I play agf, a few seconds in i'll freeze, sometimes for 10-20 seconds, other times forever and I end up refreshing.

This is really annoying because the freezing happens whenever I split or am virused; and quick movements seem to trigger a freeze.

This is getting unbearable for me since I can't play the game appropriately, there will be times I'm #1 with like 60k mass or something and I randomly freeze and have to refresh, but at this point I can't even get to that much mass and I end up freezing at >1k mass.

In other words, I CAN'T PLAY AGF BECAUSE OF THIS SH*T

There could be other factors, maybe my wifi or the laptop I'm playing on, but if it is anything AGF related please fix @Sora  

Does anyone else keep on freezing???

YES! Most often when I'm big and fighting for first or something equally heart wrenching. Never when I'm small. So the next time you freeze just watch the xy numbers at the top. Quite often they keep rolling and you can tell when you actually die in real game time. The numbers stop turning.  So it's like a double face punch !! Confused 

Get this one. I Froze and reloaded one time pretty quick. I scored instantly to maybe 4 or 500 and I saw a little ways away "ME" exactly like I froze and I though I'll eat myself. But I had to race a guy and he got there first. I wonder what that player thought?  That has happened a number of times but sometimes my frozen cell couldn't be eaten by any one. I often wonder if any one else could see my frozen cell or just me.  I saw a space ship once too Big Grin
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • ✨101✨
Does this happen only on FFA, or also on /pro? What browser are you using?
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
I unusually lag on FFA when I split into small pieces. I bought a brand new adapter, and the lag just started happening today.

Maybe this has got to do with your rant?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Faded's post:
  • Voakie
(12-23-2016, 04:49 AM)Sora Wrote: Does this happen only on FFA, or also on /pro? What browser are you using?

I'm using chrome, operating system is: Chrome OS, the comp itself is fairly fast, wifi is high speed.

And I only play ffa alpha na, so to answer your question I only know about ffa alpha na, it may happen on other game modes but I can't say since I only play ffa.

Thanks for reading Smile
(12-23-2016, 06:43 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 04:49 AM)Sora Wrote: Does this happen only on FFA, or also on /pro? What browser are you using?

I'm using chrome, operating system is: Chrome OS, the comp itself is fairly fast, wifi is high speed.

And I only play ffa alpha na, so to answer your question I only know about ffa alpha na, it may happen on other game modes but I can't say since I only play ffa.

Thanks for reading Smile

Chromebooks are NOT fast Tongue
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Apix , Faded
Yes, Voakie is right lol.

I use Google Chrome to play AGF, but it's still slow.
I use google chrome on a desk top computer with XP (yes I know).   I blame most of it on my internet provider.  I will know in 2 months as our contract with them is done yeah! 

Some times, the quality of the game and play is unbeatable. Other times  it's not worth trying to play. That's why I think most of my problems are the internet provider. When AGF FFA is really crowded and bogged down and laggy I still have no freezing problems. Just major lag and turbulence. 

So most of the time the freezing occurs when everything seems to be running ok and when it happens  it's when I'm big or high up on the board. It's wierd. I have to use Reload to get back to the game. 
Thats why I think it's a break in my internet connection that causes that. 

I don't play PRO enough to know although it has never frozen before when I have played it.
It happened to me as well, and it was not my computer or internet connection. I played on an hp at a tattoo shop and then my work computer and then my laptop at home and the same thing was happening. Except I was freezing more when I split because of a virus and it very much frustrated me.

Maybe someone used a cheat/mod on there. I've heard of ones that make everyone else freeze at times so the person using the cheat can eat them more easily.

But yes I agree that it messes with the gameplay and should be addressed. And it's not just you
[-] The following 1 user Likes cuntnugg3t 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(12-23-2016, 03:21 PM)Cuntnugget Wrote: It happened to me as well, and it was not my computer or internet connection. I played on an hp at a tattoo shop and then my work computer and then my laptop at home and the same thing was happening. Except I was freezing more when I split because of a virus and it very much frustrated me.

Maybe someone used a cheat/mod on there. I've heard of ones that make everyone else freeze at times so the person using the cheat can eat them more easily.

But yes I agree that it messes with the gae  play and should be addressed. And it's not just you

I heard that too somewhere, that when some one is using cheats or bots or what ever they use that it can cause the game to lag.  What I would like to know is why when you get near a very large cell It can actually suck you in or makes it difficult to control my  own  cell. Kind of like being blown around in a wind storm. Sometimes I get swept away in a mass of viruses , split cells and turbulence I guess it's part of the game. Just curious
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t
(12-23-2016, 09:53 AM)Voakie Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 06:43 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:

Thanks for reading Smile

Chromebooks are NOT fast Tongue
Yeah it not super fast but everything else runs on it fine, I gave my old comp to my siblings so rn I'm using my dad's Chromebook till I get  a new comp.

But I have used for about a year and this is the first time agf's freezing on it.
happens often for me once I'm big, or if I'm anywhere near a large player that is being split. I don't completely freeze very often though (only when server is crowded), I generally get a stop motion effect where it stutters, and doesn't move smoothly. chrome browser/ win 10/ old ramped up Dell Optiplex
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Apix , ™ Chronic
sooooooooo.....to keep scratching an old wound, I'd like to once again (worse than the lag @Sora) we've spent an entire day with limited viruses....a special Christmas thanx to all the jerks that keep hording the viruses in the basement, and to the glitch that gets them stuck in the portal. [sits on Santa Soras lap (a lil homo maybe)] for Christmas I want no virus's stuck in the basement, and no grid on my screen...and peace on earth (gotta make it look good)...thank you Santa
[Image: giphy.gif]
I recently froze for a few seconds on pro once, I nearly got eaten.