Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech hate thread
Here we hate on certain aspects of tech... Be it something in hardware, programming or just little annoyances... Since I love a good complain, I'll start...

<rant>
    AutoHotKey, fuck auto hot key. AutoIt was good enough as it is, much nicer syntax, they could have kept AutoIt up and just adapted it but noooo they go and change everything. Now i       have to use it every f&*^ing day... -Sigh-
</rant>
-LKD70
[-] The following 2 users Like LKD70 's post:
  • Narej, Voakie
(12-12-2016, 07:01 AM)LKD70 Wrote: Here we hate on certain aspects of tech... Be it something in hardware, programming or just little annoyances... Since I love a good complain, I'll start...

<rant>
    AutoHotKey, fuck auto hot key. AutoIt was good enough as it is, much nicer syntax, they could have kept AutoIt up and just adapted it but noooo they go and change everything. Now i       have to use it every f&*^ing day... -Sigh-
</rant>

Is that some automated piece-of-:poop: in MicroCr@p, by any chance? It sounds like it. Because MicroCr@p loves to rewrite small basic parts of their OSes, probably as a 'make work' exercise for whatever programmers they have on staff. (I'd bet money that it's a lot fewer than us IT-guys would expect. Unless they are on payroll, but are friends of friends, known to VP-so&so, and so on, supposedly 'work from home' and never actually produce a thing... that actually works)

Oh... my own?

Oh!

[rant name="LoveThisEmbeddedTag"]
If I have anything that I hate, right now, it's cloud environments that cut corners, and create a plethora of intriguing (not really) "WTF??!?!?!" problems, NONE of which have any chance that the customer will understand that it was their fault for asking a virtualized environment to support their task. (ie: a global, transaction-based DB server in a WinBlows O/S. Who the ^%@#$%$@ DOES that?! To make it worse, the one I'm thinking of has a &^%$#$%in FULL RACK in our server room, with empty space, and probably a few servers doing Jack-All, but still powered on.)

From the bunch of IT-guys who believed you should be forced to take a few 101-like courses once you owned a computer, and likewise business guys who were responsible for servers... if you go and use a cloud environment, at least do yourself the favour of finding out what it's good at, and what it sucks at!!)
[/rant]
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Surprisingly not, but it is closed source freeware so it would never get too far without the insiders arguing and going separate paths as it all too often happens.

Me again? Think I'll expand on yours...

class fuckHostingCompanies: public LoveThisEmbeddedTag {
private:
static constexpr const char* FuckContabo = "Some of the worst shit I come across these days is horrid so called 'VPS' "
"providers who offer a 'personal' VPS which is in fact resource shared... "
"So they should be classed as shared to begin with, but it doesn't end there, ooooh no. "
"Then they chuck you a fucked up hacked up windows 2008 copy with "
"more issues than I'd care to remember. The fact they get away with this shit is horrid, "
"it quote literally is scamming and false advertising.";
};
-LKD70
[-] The following 1 user Likes LKD70 's post:
  • Squirrel
mine is simple....give us back our pin chargers for cell phones, or figure out something better. Charging a phone through the usb port (that is Rarely used for data transfer) is stupid, and the structurally weak usb port shape always gets ruined and ruins expensive usb cables....I've got a 10 year old nokia I can still plug it's original pin charger in and it charges!...making something worse is not an innovation, keep charging and data transfer separate until it can be done right. I would bet that 99% of users would rather have a phone/tablet that charges perfectly with one cable, and would happily suffer through having a separate usb cable, or just transferring data wirelessly.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-12-2016, 11:40 PM)LKD70 Wrote: Surprisingly not, but it is closed source freeware so it would never get too far without the insiders arguing and going separate paths as it all too often happens.

Me again? Think I'll expand on yours...

class fuckHostingCompanies: public LoveThisEmbeddedTag {
  private:
     static constexpr const char* FuckContabo = "Some of the worst shit I come across these days is horrid so called 'VPS' "
      "providers who offer a 'personal' VPS which is in fact resource shared... "
      "So they should be classed as shared to begin with, but it doesn't end there, ooooh no. "
      "Then they chuck you a fucked up hacked up windows 2008 copy with "
      "more issues than I'd care to remember. The fact they get away with this shit is horrid, "
      "it quote literally is scamming and false advertising.";
};

I gotta admit... I don't completely hate those companies. (lol) Some of them have set up shop in our server room, and help pay the bills around here.

But yes, I think it's better when you're forthright about what you're selling.

And sadly, those companies can only exist, because thay manage to sell to foolish/ignorant people.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • LKD70
Sorry, I just don't believe in negativity Tongue
(01-08-2017, 12:32 AM)Doigt Wrote: Sorry, I just don't believe in negativity Tongue

I don't think that I would dare say that, in an IT thread!

To me, it's akin to begging for Murphy to pay you one of his more 'memorable' visits.

:|

Like the guy boasting about his RAID set-up, and how all his data is extra-protected, and any kind of fault immediately initiates repair via stand-by drives.....

........only to have his on-board RAID controller croak, and take ALL of his drives with it.

(Ooooops!)
Fight the Good Fight
Oh, I have a new Idea! Fuck windows drivers!

Windows didn't want to recognise my new GTX 1060, until I completely reinstalled it. Still hate you for that @Windows
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Squirrel
Yesterday I installed new version of IrfanView (image viewer for Windows). I've been using it for ages, but it was the first time I installed it on Windows 10 (the previous installation was done in W8 which than I upgraded to W10).
All of image extension associations reseted to open in shity Windows Image Viewer (or whatever it is called) and changing these associations all at once directly in IrfanView don't work at all.
So now I have to manually associate every image extension with IrfanView...
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
(01-08-2017, 08:58 AM)Voakie Wrote: Oh, I have a new Idea! Fuck windows drivers!

Windows didn't want to recognise my new GTX 1060, until I completely reinstalled it. Still hate you for that @Windows

Windows uses device drivers as a revenue source.

See, if you make a piece of hardware, and want WinBlows to automatically recognize it, first you have to pony up to MS. I don't know how much, but bet $10K at least... So when you have little-known devices, be prepared for some hassles.

Don't let that stop you, though.

It might just make you consider the Ubuntu O/S instead!
Fight the Good Fight