Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
About teaming
Star 
To sum up this thread, there are two types of agar.io players.

The ones who team, and the ones who don't.

I think we should all accept the fact that teaming is part of the game (and I think you can be just as successful solo as when you team, there isn't a monstrous advantage).

I agree with @TM Soloist on pretty much all platforms in this post. I am both a teamer and a soloist myself, and I personally don't care if other people team when I am being solo (its actually makes it more fun because then you can reverse their tricksplits and stuff Tongue).

You all need to agree to disagree and stop going back and forth about it.

If you are a good solo player, then teams shouldn't really bother you anyway, but I have to agree that FFA is NOT for teaming (join a party server instead).
For those of you who still have somehow not realised that FFA means Free For All (i.e. everyone is solo), now you understand.

Angel 
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eden's post:
  • Lucyfer, ™ Chronic
(11-24-2016, 10:47 PM)Supergirl Wrote: ... learn to accept others choice  Exclamation

Said the teamer who kills the game for soloists in FFA. Soloists who chose FFA room for playing solo!
Eh, it is banging one's head against the wall.

Tip, or rather rethorical question from me: if I play with you, isn't it accepting your gameplay?

--

You are right guys it is a trip to nowhere. The fact is that thanks to slowteamers, at least I don't play this game as much as I used to. And it is not about being at the top, it's about fun, or rather lack of it.
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(11-25-2016, 08:51 AM)Lucyfer Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 10:47 PM)Supergirl Wrote: ... learn to accept others choice  Exclamation

Said the teamer who kills the game for soloists in FFA.

Big Grin

wow ... please explain me HOW I "kill" the game (for you) ???

All I do is playing the game, ok maybe a lil better than you, but you are on a good way  Exclamation

Tongue
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(11-24-2016, 09:06 PM)Supergirl Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 08:39 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: This is still a discussion right and not an argument ?

Because everyone is right. Teaming is here to stay and it's part of the game, and as soloists we have to adapt and evolve with the game.

In defense of teaming, and even though I still bitch when a huge team eats me, I would probably not play any more if the teams were gone  BORING!  So with me, The teams are the game.
I have tried teaming before and found it quite difficult to master. IT's NOT EASY !

I envy the split and run teams when they make it look like flowing Art . I watch them in Spectator mode and as well up close and IN MY FACE! . I plan on learning that just because it looks so cool. And I apologize in advance to my fellow soloists, but I may unfairly eat you some time in the future. I hope to get good enough to do that. Because there are some good soloists out there. 

I have learned also , for me holding on to number one position is more difficult than getting to number one. I'm sure it's the same for the teams.  Teams are vastly out numbered. One team at any given time is doing battle against what ? 20 or 30 soloists which constantly regenerate, as well as dueling against other teams.  Teams have to contend with virus that they cant get around all while fighting off attacks from every where. 

I don't thing teaming is easier than soloing but it may be a bit more effective.
So, we can broaden our horizons and learn to team too.  We can have the best of both worlds.

That's my story now and I'm sticking to it 

@Supergirl   Still luv ya even if you team :Smile

What a great reply  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Every single word 100% true  Exclamation

Thats exactly the spirit you need to raise - in which form ever  Exclamation

Heart Heart Heart

my ass!!!

Im just regret of what I said before.
One just team cause he is incapable alone!!!
Teaming is just a coward proof that U need somebody to grow and STORE your mass when U are in danger!
The proof of what Im saying is that teamrs keep changing their mate once one got eaten. Even if their are already huge! I mean.. MANAGE BY YOURSELF YOUR OWN MASS! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO FEAR?!

it is a strategy game! I hate when im about to eat someone and then a little motherfucker come from anywhere and splits itself to my oponent eating me. The little motherfucker is nomebody to me or my first oponent so why dows he does that? CAUSE IS DAMN EASY LIKE THIS! so... Teaming is the easyest way to grow and survive.
It proves that solo player are stronger.
sorry Supergirl.
Teaming is here to stay just as the prove that teamers knows half of the strategy behind this game.

TEAMER PLAYER LVL 100 <=> SOLO PLAYER LVL 20
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
(12-04-2016, 11:19 AM)bill24 Wrote: sorry Supergirl.

"Sorry" for what ???

I play and like both, solo and teaming !

Heart

And I am allowed to say I can go to number 1 in ranking most of the time (I guess around 75% - 80% of all maps I play) !
75% or maybe a lil less in solo gameplay, sure 80% or more with teaming  Exclamation

You are right about that its a lot easier to go to number 1 as team, and also to stay there is much easier as team (so if you play 16 split as team you have most of the time 50% the number 1 rank)  Exclamation

But the huge difference is - as you also said correct - as a team you have the team partner as insurance for your mass (you can split most of your mass to him, if you are attacked badly), if that happens (hard attack ... as example what happen most ... hard attack by a TEAM) to you, when you are number 1 as solo-player, you lose 70% of the time all your mass or at least most of your mass, 30% you can fight back or trick out the team or find someone who help you during you are been attacked  Exclamation

So I cannot understand the arguments against teaming, because WE ALL take sometimes help or give also help to somebody  Exclamation

Best example I can tell you (happened 2 days ago) :
"only solo" was nr 1 in ranking, I was in Top 10 (4th or 5th I think) with SOLO gameplay, I started to try to take him (splitting etc.), BUT GUESS what ...
"only solo" played with 2 (!) other players together as TEAM (yes his name was really "ONLY solo" ... in my opinion thats pretty stupid), BUT best is coming now ...
I took down ALL 3 (because I really dont like that - taking a solo name and playing team) !
I ended as number 1, I never saw all 3 again in this map !

THAT felt pretty good  Exclamation

Big Grin

So once more ...

I like solo-gameplay
but also ...
I like team-gameplay (special the 16 split game play where you have most of the time between 20,000 and 35,000 mass, IF your partner knows how to play that)

... and I am also been attacked very very often by teams when I am nr 1 as solo player  Exclamation

So to complain about teaming is pretty sensless and do not improve your skillz  Exclamation
- we help someone and also take help often
- we can choose if we play solo or team with a friend or an other good player
- we also attack teams and solo players (otherwise we could not grow)

you see .. WE ALL do this, so WHERE is your CLEAR border between solo-gameplay and teaming ?
Do you give all the mass back if you get help from someone if you play solo ???

Tongue

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(12-04-2016, 11:19 AM)bill24 Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 09:06 PM)Supergirl Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 08:39 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: This is still a discussion right and not an argument ?

Because everyone is right. Teaming is here to stay and it's part of the game, and as soloists we have to adapt and evolve with the game.

In defense of teaming, and even though I still bitch when a huge team eats me, I would probably not play any more if the teams were gone  BORING!  So with me, The teams are the game.
I have tried teaming before and found it quite difficult to master. IT's NOT EASY !

I envy the split and run teams when they make it look like flowing Art . I watch them in Spectator mode and as well up close and IN MY FACE! . I plan on learning that just because it looks so cool. And I apologize in advance to my fellow soloists, but I may unfairly eat you some time in the future. I hope to get good enough to do that. Because there are some good soloists out there. 

I have learned also , for me holding on to number one position is more difficult than getting to number one. I'm sure it's the same for the teams.  Teams are vastly out numbered. One team at any given time is doing battle against what ? 20 or 30 soloists which constantly regenerate, as well as dueling against other teams.  Teams have to contend with virus that they cant get around all while fighting off attacks from every where. 

I don't thing teaming is easier than soloing but it may be a bit more effective.
So, we can broaden our horizons and learn to team too.  We can have the best of both worlds.

That's my story now and I'm sticking to it 

@Supergirl   Still luv ya even if you team :Smile

What a great reply  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Every single word 100% true  Exclamation

Thats exactly the spirit you need to raise - in which form ever  Exclamation

Heart Heart Heart

my ass!!!

Im just regret of what I said before.
One just team cause he is incapable alone!!!
Teaming is just a coward proof that U need somebody to grow and STORE your mass when U are in danger!
The proof of what Im saying is that teamrs keep changing their mate once one got eaten. Even if their are already huge! I mean.. MANAGE BY YOURSELF YOUR OWN MASS! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO FEAR?!

it is a strategy game! I hate when im about to eat someone and then a little motherfucker come from anywhere and splits itself to my oponent eating me. The little motherfucker is nomebody to me or my first oponent so why dows he does that? CAUSE IS DAMN EASY LIKE THIS! so... Teaming is the easyest way to grow and survive.
It proves that solo player are stronger.
sorry Supergirl.
Teaming is here to stay just as the prove that teamers knows half of the strategy behind this game.

TEAMER PLAYER LVL 100 <=> SOLO PLAYER LVL 20
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

What mental illness do you possess? You've made your point, in which you hate teaming, so fair enough. Stop bumping an old thread.
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

(12-04-2016, 09:32 PM)CantREKTMe Wrote: What mental illness do you possess? You've made your point, in which you hate teaming, so fair enough. Stop bumping an old thread.

No no, this thread isnt old, and I like this thread, because it shows a lot of the real reason, why they are hating teams, but as explained, we all do some kind of teaming OR if WE play solo, WE also are a target from teams often.

So for NOONE it is better  Exclamation
(@TM Soloist analyzed it pretty good)

Let them play FarmVille  Exclamation

Tongue

And a tip for your try for a moderator :
be always sovereign and kind, even the poster wrote something bad  Exclamation Dont go to his niveau  Exclamation

Wink

(11-25-2016, 03:20 AM)d-_-b Wrote: To sum up this thread, there are two types of agar.io players.

The ones who team, and the ones who don't.

I think we should all accept the fact that teaming is part of the game (and I think you can be just as successful solo as when you team, there isn't a monstrous advantage).

I agree with @TM Soloist on pretty much all platforms in this post. I am both a teamer and a soloist myself, and I personally don't care if other people team when I am being solo (its actually makes it more fun because then you can reverse their tricksplits and stuff Tongue).

You all need to agree to disagree and stop going back and forth about it.

I gotta tease you, given the opportunity, now being the wiser that you come with a functional cranium. ~grin~

You say in your hypothesis, that there are two kinds of players....

And then you immediately note the added likelihood that one is to be BOTH kinds.

What about me??!?!

I prefer to play the 'public Teams' variant, and yet often play solo, looking to fill any and all roles from 'bait', to 'wingman', to 'bruiser', to 'explosives expert', or my favourite, 'severe annoyance' (~grin~).

It's good to have a few basic polarities in a game, and at least one set of contradictory views that bounce back and forth. Else, how would we plan to 'talk game' for any length of time?!

I've heard Teamers say that it's very difficult to find two people that really 'team well' with each oother... and heard the soloists prattle on how the teamers "spoil the game" and make gameplay unfair by taking advantage.

And then, attempting to see things from all viewpoints, as I claim to be open minded, then I come across the Teams "cross-pairing" team, the vilest of the vile -- a single player of two of the three colours, looking to just dominate everything. (Okay, these guys bug me the most -- Solo players within alternate teams, working as a pair.) But does this make me a hypocrite?! Or just drive my crazy laugh, and make me bouncy-happy when I kill one, or am reposnible for one's death -- even my own supposed teammate?!

I have so many questions... lol. Who can provide the answers?!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(12-04-2016, 11:29 PM)Supergirl Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 09:32 PM)CantREKTMe Wrote: What mental illness do you possess? You've made your point, in which you hate teaming, so fair enough. Stop bumping an old thread.

No no, this thread isnt old, and I like this thread, because it shows a lot of the real reason, why they are hating teams, but as explained, we all do some kind of teaming OR if WE play solo, WE also are a target from teams often.

So for NOONE it is better  Exclamation
(@TM Soloist analyzed it pretty good)

Let them play FarmVille  Exclamation

Tongue

And a tip for your try for a moderator :
be always sovereign and kind, even the poster wrote something bad  Exclamation Dont go to his niveau  Exclamation

Wink

Alright.

(12-04-2016, 11:40 PM)Relax Wrote:
Thread's still been pretty active, and this is hardly a bump. Even if he's not doing a great job, he's trying to prove his point. I don't see it as a mental illness and even if your insult is hyperbole it's unwarranted. 
Also bumping a thread for what you think is bumping an old thread is a dumb move in my book. Chances are he won't reply to his own thread if no one else will.

Now let's try to have a civil conversation shall we? This thread has some good content rather than the counting games that for the most part, don't.

Ok.
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

~snips EVERYTHING, except the posters content~
CantREKTMe Wrote:Alright.

Ok.

For this post, I'd like to just share a quick exerpt from a book:

Moderating for Dummies

CHAPTER 1:

When yew must BE to consider a MODERATOR,

first master da concept of LIYKES and put CONTENT in dose dat yew posts!

THAT WOULD BE WORDS! MORE THAN JUST A COUPLE!

Sorry mang.

As a guy who taught for 2 decades, I think this post illustrates perfectly why I HATED that line of books, "____ for Dummies", and the fake-off line, "____ for Idiots".

I agree with @Relax and @'d-_-b', that old threads are not bad threads, if they have good content.

For one thing, users here come and go, and many users have not taken some time while they are young users here (not age-wise, but rather, new to the Forums) to peruse the old threads, where much good conversation and debates can be found. And then, often, that user will find they have some new or somewhat different angle of approach, post those, and presto, what was crusty-old is new and nubile again! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Eden
(12-05-2016, 09:15 AM)Squirrel Wrote: ~snips EVERYTHING, except the posters content~
CantREKTMe Wrote:Alright.

Ok.

For this post, I'd like to just share a quick exerpt from a book:

Moderating for Dummies

CHAPTER 1:

When yew must BE to consider a MODERATOR,

first master da concept of LIYKES and put CONTENT in dose dat yew posts!

THAT WOULD BE WORDS! MORE THAN JUST A COUPLE!

Sorry mang.

As a guy who taught for 2 decades, I think this post illustrates perfectly why I HATED that line of books, "____ for Dummies", and the fake-off line, "____ for Idiots".

I agree with @Relax and @'d-_-b', that old threads are not bad threads, if they have good content.

For one thing, users here come and go, and many users have not taken some time while they are young users here (not age-wise, but rather, new to the Forums) to peruse the old threads, where much good conversation and debates can be found. And then, often, that user will find they have some new or somewhat different angle of approach, post those, and presto, what was crusty-old is new and nubile again! Big Grin

Ok.
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

All valid!
thank u all but in the last posts we are changing argument.
Im sorry if I was agressive. I'll be much polite from now on.
by the way: I like to provoke teamers as @Supergirl .

I would like to (maybe) finish this threat concluding that I don't admit teaming but co-operetion. It means that if Death is pretty certain, a strategy move as mass givin/split to some other cell is the only thing to do to survive but moust of the players wanna build a real team over it. Sometimes this kind of move is usefull just to make a noob grow HUGE close to a Team and than BOOM! team eaten! I Dont care about turning small after it. Growing is the fun about it!

I like this game pretty much, that is why I 'm serius about it. Sorry if I offended anyone.
I would like to see a world championship with teaming TOTALY forbiden to see what happens!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bill24's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(12-05-2016, 11:55 AM)bill24 Wrote: I would like to (maybe) finish this threat concluding that I don't admit teaming but co-operetion. It means that if Death is pretty certain, a strategy move as mass givin/split to some other cell is the only thing to do to survive but moust of the players wanna build a real team over it. Sometimes this kind of move is usefull just to make a noob grow HUGE close to a Team and than BOOM! team eaten! I Dont care about turning small after it. Growing is the fun about it!

I like this game pretty much, that is why I 'm serius about it. Sorry if I offended anyone.
I would like to see a world championship with teaming TOTALY forbiden to see what happens!

I don't think that anyone would have thought you were overly aggressive or anything.

Having a passionate opinion is a good thing, I think. It means that you have truly decided how you feel about something, probably have given it a fair deal of thought, and, more than likely, have a strong personal case for holding the opinion that you do.

This is perhaps one of the predominant topics that people argue/debate over in this game, so... don't worry, whether in this thread, or another (either newer or older), this topic will keep coming up. ~grin~

Glad that you feel able to share your opinions with us, and hope that we'll see more of them! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • bill24, ™ Chronic
I'll be honest here. I loved the way agario was before, when free for all meant free for all and team was the dedicated teams mode. Ironically, there's never been a single team player in teams mode and when the general player mindset changed in favour of teams, I quit, because I could no longer appreciate the game nor adapt to this new change. (it was new at the time)

On a similar note, I used to be an adept of Yu-Gi-Oh, but the game has evolved in a way which makes the games very short and "violent" and good cards being less and less affordable, not the mention the lazy players who don't take the time to create their own decks and just go with the flow of the meta. It frustrated me to see the same deck and strategies every time, there's 8000 different cards I once told someone, how is it that you can't create a deck at least slightly different from the eight previous guys I dueled before you? I quit and it stopped to bother me. Guess what, I didn't wait to be completely pissed off to quit. I simply quit and that was it.

If there's a game you're playing that is making you mad, don't keep playing it, it'll just hurt you inside and make you feel empty. When you stop, there's this feeling of freedom flowing through you, it's as if you're being released from heavy iron shackles and that is what I recommend. Recall the good memories of when the game was fun and move on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • ™ Chronic
Seems they changes a few things again ... but seems all works better now  Exclamation

I like it  Exclamation

Wink