Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Some Tips
(03-26-2016, 03:51 PM)Apocalypse Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 11:31 AM)Voakie Wrote: Interesting. Nobody cared about this post until spectrumss posted here.
Note:
-Subjects develop suspicious relationships to subiect#yuhave2s

Hmmm.... Could there be some connection? You'll have to wait and find out on the next episode of... AGF FORUMS!

Im ready. When does it start???
[Image: Voakie.png]
(03-26-2016, 05:17 PM)Voakie Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 03:51 PM)Apocalypse Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 11:31 AM)Voakie Wrote: Interesting. Nobody cared about this post until spectrumss posted here.
Note:
-Subjects develop suspicious relationships to subiect#yuhave2s

Hmmm.... Could there be some connection? You'll have to wait and find out on the next episode of... AGF FORUMS!

Im ready. When does it start???

Next week at 5:00 Pm eastern, only on, Youtube!
All I can say is.... BE AMAZING because you are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apocalypse's post:
  • Voakie
Thanks for these tips, I don't play agar.io so much and I'm bad at it, I started using these and I have stopped dying so much and can now get some reasonable mass
I'm new to this game and got some nice info from this post Smile
Thanks.
Here's my three cents. Clearly, you're an FFA-guy. You should try Teams sometime! Wink 

1. Don't split while you're small
It's not necessarily a mistake. I'd say it differently: "Don't split unless you don't mind dying, or being half-the-size 10 seconds later." Big Grin

2. Don't shoot viruses when you're small
True for FFA... but for Teams, this can be helpful. Especially when there's a bigger teammate nearby, and your shot breaks up a big target.

3. Don't team
I think you SHOULD team ... in Teams, that is.

And for like-minded Team players, I have a few tips:

Don't block teammates that are larger! They can see more than you can, and are likely going the direction they are going for a reason. If you are touching a large teammate, you are very likely making them angry at you! (If you're small, you're slowing them down. And you may not realize than on the other side of him are two massive guys who are chasing him. :|)

Know when to feed a teammate, and when to hold up. If your buddy is chasing someone and has allllmost caught him, THAT's the time to feed him. If you can't feed him, and you're big enough, you can try splitting, and bumping him for the kill instead, but sometimes that backfires, putting one of your balls into the guy they are chasing. Just remember that as you get bigger, you also get slower. So unless you can make him so big he's more than twice the size of what they are chasing... don't do it! (Unless you have a few more with you that are working well as a team.)

Don't split so that you can get ahead of a teammate, and get the food they were sweeping up. Respect their size, change direction -- there's more food everywhere!

My opinion is that this game (Teams) is best when you have a wingman who gets you.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-03-2016, 10:28 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Here's my three cents. Clearly, you're an FFA-guy. You should try Teams sometime! Wink 

1. Don't split while you're small
It's not necessarily a mistake. I'd say it differently: "Don't split unless you don't mind dying, or being half-the-size 10 seconds later." Big Grin

2. Don't shoot viruses when you're small
True for FFA... but for Teams, this can be helpful. Especially when there's a bigger teammate nearby, and your shot breaks up a big target.

3. Don't team
I think you SHOULD team ... in Teams, that is.

And for like-minded Team players, I have a few tips:

Don't block teammates that are larger! They can see more than you can, and are likely going the direction they are going for a reason. If you are touching a large teammate, you are very likely making them angry at you! (If you're small, you're slowing them down. And you may not realize than on the other side of him are two massive guys who are chasing him. :|)

Know when to feed a teammate, and when to hold up. If your buddy is chasing someone and has allllmost caught him, THAT's the time to feed him. If you can't feed him, and you're big enough, you can try splitting, and bumping him for the kill instead, but sometimes that backfires, putting one of your balls into the guy they are chasing. Just remember that as you get bigger, you also get slower. So unless you can make him so big he's more than twice the size of what they are chasing... don't do it! (Unless you have a few more with you that are working well as a team.)

Don't split so that you can get ahead of a teammate, and get the food they were sweeping up. Respect their size, change direction -- there's more food everywhere!

My opinion is that this game (Teams) is best when you have a wingman who gets you.

Avarage post:
10 lines

Your posts:
100 lines with formatting

And now let me read that. (AFK for next 5 minutes).
(Btw this is just fun, i highly appreciate your contribution!)
(04-03-2016, 01:15 PM)Voakie Wrote: Avarage post:
10 lines

Your posts:

I blame cell phones for the average post length. They are such eeeevil devices. Except when a girl snaps a shot of me in the park, when I'm trying to look cute for her, in the hopes that she has some nuts in her pockets.

English teachers loved me. I wrote in sentences! I concocted proper paragraphs with a cohesive thought, and generally... a point!

Oh. In case you're wondering, I'm pulling your tail. But I did say I was here looking for conversation. That helps, if you can write properly! (Reply: 8 lines including blank lines. How's dat for ya?)
Fight the Good Fight
(04-04-2016, 04:55 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 01:15 PM)Voakie Wrote: Avarage post:
10 lines

Your posts:

I blame cell phones for the average post length. They are such eeeevil devices. Except when a girl snaps a shot of me in the park, when I'm trying to look cute for her, in the hopes that she has some nuts in her pockets.

English teachers loved me. I wrote in sentences! I concocted proper paragraphs with a cohesive thought, and generally... a point!

Oh. In case you're wondering, I'm pulling your tail. But I did say I was here looking for conversation. That helps, if you can write properly! (Reply: 8 lines including blank lines. How's dat for ya?)

Allright, my poor goat eyes made it through these hard 8 lines of code including blanks!

Yes, Cell phones indeed are evil devices. When kids try to flashlight into your eyes to see if they can find the goat simulator source code.

My English teacher likes me too. What he wrote below my test: Well done, Name! (Not literally)

And now release my tail please I need to go to the toilet. (That sentence sounds disgusting, sorry for that)
(04-04-2016, 05:00 PM)Voakie Wrote: Allright, my poor goat eyes made it through these hard 8 lines of code including blanks!

Yes, Cell phones indeed are evil devices. When kids try to flashlight into your eyes to see if they can find the goat simulator source code.

My English teacher likes me too. What he wrote below my test: Well done, Name! (Not literally)

And now release my tail please I need to go to the toilet. (That sentence sounds disgusting, sorry for that)

Code?! What code? Please, no, you aren't one of those Russians we don't realize we're asking to make cheap cloud platforms, I hope. You couldn't have meant the other kind of 'code' -- I didn't write a limerick or in a substitution cipher.

I applaud your writing 'name'. And those teachers are so crazy, they need a wise-guy, and some laughs. (To go with the 'essays' they have to read, which make them cry and incur concussions.)

And lastly, I'll bet this "tail" line always works. I don't think there's any appeal to goat-dung... unless you're another goat. Or an exceptionally perverted human. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(04-04-2016, 05:14 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 05:00 PM)Voakie Wrote: Allright, my poor goat eyes made it through these hard 8 lines of code including blanks!

Code?! What code? Please, no, you aren't one of those Russians we don't realize we're asking to make cheap cloud platforms, I hope. You couldn't have meant the other kind of 'code' -- I didn't write a limerick or in a substitution cipher.

I applaud your writing 'name'. And those teachers are so crazy, they need a wise-guy, and some laughs. (To go with the 'essays' they have to read, which make them cry and incur concussions.)

And lastly, I'll bet this "tail" line always works. I don't think there's any appeal to goat-dung... unless you're another goat. Or an exceptionally perverted human. :|

*[OUT OF CHARACTER] We are animals, we communicate with ddisjdis ayyyy or ilaissosos sounds, and they are called code! God damn it you forget it all the time!*
(04-04-2016, 05:48 PM)Voakie Wrote: *[OUT OF CHARACTER] We are animals, we communicate with ddisjdis ayyyy or ilaissosos sounds, and they are called code! God damn it you forget it all the time!*

OK, I get you.

I completely admit to being an annnnimallll....

But I am a talking/writing squirrel. I've only heard 2 distinct noises that a squirrel makes: anger and warning, which are almost exactly the same. That wasn't going to cut it for me, and every one of my posts would have likely been deleted. :|

Perhaps I am a virtual squirrel who implants it's thoughts in your datastream, like some new form of malware.
Fight the Good Fight
ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴘᴏsᴛ. ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ɪᴛ! ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ (✿◠‿◠)
Big Tip for Teams:

Watch the Leader board  and Know your Role!
I consider this the most important tip. During different circumstances in the 3-way-war, your side needs different kinds of players. Sure, all of you want to get bigger..... and depending on your size, you can start fulfilling more roles. (See further below.)

If your team is being dominated very badly, you may need to take some time to create areas where it's tough for the big balls to play. (Ever been in FFA, gotten really big, say, 6000+ big, and suddenly thought "What the?! I can't GO anywhere cause of all these stupid obstacles!" Ahh, some call them 'viruses', but to me that makes no sense.)

If you are doing the dominating, then it's MMA-blood-lust-mode, where you do more splitting than you would normally, in an attempt to kill people so fast, and so repeatedly, that they start giving up. But remember, that's also how you quickly go from being the winning team to a losing team. It's best to do this, only when you have a wing man/posse. If not paired, do it smartly, or not at all.

If you and one other team are being dominated, then you should consider working together. You still want to prefer your colour to theirs, but if you see the chance to quickly help a guy take down the dominating colour's cell, then do it!

But if you're on the small-fry team, and the other two are duking it out, you're pretty much on your own, with whatever teammates you can find. Those two teams have no motivation at all to let you live. To them, you're meaningless/'moving food' and it's now just a 2-way war. Identify those on your team who are the best killers, and donate to them as often as your can.

Watch the leader board often, because circumstances can change quickly!
And if it is going back and forth by wide margins quickly, between two colours, know that you likely have a 2-player opposing-colours 'Team' in the game. They trade back and forth where one colour is big, the other is much smaller, and will stay close together. Try to stay away from the big one, and your goal is to kill the small one. A wing man can really help (one player becomes the 'bait' for the bigger ball, requiring the smaller one to split into the larger. Then, it's time for you to pounce on the small guy. Kill the small guy, and you kill the whole team.

Roles:
Farmer A farmer does not split. They need what size they have -- it's their protection, such that it is. When you see a good player fly by, donate what you can to them, without impeding them.
This role is crucial if your team is being dominated. It's not a sexy role, but it will greatly help your team out of it's role.
Small killer You're not huge, but 'big enough'. You farm when there's no target. Split only when there's no large enemy nearby, and you're certain the shot gets you a kill, then try to lie low in an area with more obstacles until you're joined again.
You can extrapolate into Medium Killer and Primary Killer roles, I think. (I don't want to write a book here!)

And then two more important roles:
TEAM killer This does not mean get in the way of your teammates so that they die, btw. :| Find a teammate to pair with. If you donate 1 to them, and they donate one back, this is a pretty good sign that they're willing to team.
Swing Man This is someone who loves to team, but does so as a situation presents itself. A 'swing man' is more ready to change roles quickly, depending on the circumstances. (This includes, if you and a teammate are facing almost certain death, try splitting the source of death, or donate all that you can to the teammate more likely to get away.)
Fight the Good Fight
Very good post