Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unwanted spam.
(11-21-2016, 04:56 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: just install google translate on chrome (the best browser ever), and you can translate anything on any page with the click of a button...but I am a curious fellow, and do want to know where my spam is originating from....you'd be offended if it "looked" american to most people , but they thought it was Canadian (and it didn't even say "eh" or "davenport"). (like in Minnesota we have "hot dish" not "casserole").....good to do your due diligence lol

~only uses Chrome when absolutely necessary~

Sorry, Google is biased, and I don't trust them to not use their browser to further their own agenda.

~will only use FireFox, wherever possible~

They are unbiased, support the W3 Standards (no other browser does), and are Open Source.

Oh... and I'm proud that no-one can look at me, and know whether I'm American or Canadian. Big Grin

There are a few who say I have a 'Canadian accent' -- I scoff at that. (lol)

But otherwise, yeaahhh... you make a point with 'due diligence'. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Lucyfer
Sorry about your fire fox problem....it does "kinda" (:ask go daddy) get you what you want....I'm just not paranoid enough to put up with all the b.s. when there's something that works so much better...why not switch to duck duck go? you'll be more secure with even more irrelevant results on your searches, AND with no adblocking pluggins available....just sayin...
Seriously though, Chrome isn't a security risk, and will give you better results even without you customizing it with sweet extras like instant full page translations...don't hate whats popular just because its popular, hate it because it's popular for no reason! Chrome is a hit for several reasons, and I fully recommend it for security (on windows) and for relevance in searches. sorry @Squirrel ....dear google, you don't scare me, and I thank you for your good work (any "agenda" you might have cant possibly affect my [personally] innocent searches)...p.s. bing just uses googles search results rebranded...

(As a linux user, and a full supporter of open source software, [chrome was chromium and is based off of open source programming] I still believe in this). To be fully honest, I'm not the "surfing" type....I know what I'm looking for, and don't fall into crazy rabbit holes, so I don't need any digital puritanical web browsers....I do need the results I'm looking for, and I know who will give me those results. I am also fully aware that duck duck go and firefox are more "underground" browsers, but I will (with the rest of humanity) argue that they are far more irrelevant in their search results than Chrome. Yes, Chrome WILL record your search history, (so will firefox, and duck duck go will record a search history on your registry),but it's anonymous and if it get's traced back to you, then I'd LOVE to know what the hell you were trying to do online....I personally know security experts that deal with this kind of stuff, and (without being paranoid) I do what they tell me is best....(including dumping your antivirus software), and it's been working for me for a long long time.
Just remember that in life your far more important than you know, and in your digital life your far less important than you think...no ones spying on you unless you want them to. If you want to be paranoid, use a VPN (virtual private network) so that your internet traffic gets re-routed through a server that isn't connected to you or your I.P. address....then it wont matter what browser you use...hell use explorer...no. Im kidding. DONT use explorer. EVER. ick
[Image: giphy.gif]
All the data from telemetry they (Google, M$) use on us is also used to target everything possible to suits our needs (based on what the algorythym assumes they are).
Google serves adverts and search results basing on assumption. Facebook as well. This in the end is nothing else then closing each of us in a filter bubble. And if your online source of information is only FB or Google, you see only what they want or allow you to see.
It's nothing to do with paranoia. It is just a common sense to be aware of that and to know there are alternatives.

Every single monopol in anything is always a threat. This is why I always support variety.

When it comes to VPN, even TOR is believed to be compromised now, so how a single VPN can be something better. It's good to bypass limits of internet provider or to hide identity ahead of source web page.
Of course you are not interesting to anyone online (is this really?). And it better stays this way for us.

BTW. you can check what you were searching for somewhere in google profile. For literally years back. And yes, it all is strictly linked with you, not anonymous. For me it is rather scary than interesting.
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • Squirrel
Lightbulb 
@Sora

WHY not an auto-ban for "members" posting more than 5 threads in 50 minutes or less - or 3 threads in 30 minutes or less ?

That would eleminate most of this spam-attacks  Exclamation

Its more and more the last time.

Angry

I dont know a "normal" member making more than 5 threads in 50 minutes / 3 threads in 30 minutes  Exclamation

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(11-22-2016, 01:51 PM)Supergirl Wrote: @Sora

WHY not an auto-ban for "members" posting more than 5 threads in 50 minutes or less - or 3 threads in 30 minutes or less ?

Angry

I dont know a "normal" member making more than 5 threads in 50 minutes / 3 threads in 30 minutes  Exclamation

Wink

That might help out a bit, after the captcha`s are implemented for the new user sign up. But until then, limiting the bots posts, will probably just result in the bot signing up more free accounts daily to post it`s desired amount of threads.

Patience, heh. Sora is working on bot-surprises, of the unwanted kind. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(11-22-2016, 02:15 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 01:51 PM)Supergirl Wrote: @Sora

Angry

Wink

That might help out a bit, after the captcha`s are implemented for the new user sign up. But until then, limiting the bots posts, will probably just result in the bot signing up more free accounts daily to post it`s desired amount of threads.

Patience, heh. Sora is working on bot-surprises, of the unwanted kind.

As you can see right now ...

... it still dont work @Sora ...

Last spammer account :

50 threads in 3 hours

So again my suggest :

OR just limit the allowed threads / time  Exclamation

That would eleminate most of this spam-attacks  [Image: exclamation.png] 

[Image: angry.png] 

I dont know a "normal" member making more than 5 threads in 50 minutes / 3 threads in 30 minutes  [Image: exclamation.png] 

[Image: wink.png]

If you think about the meaning of "spam" (a LOT unwanted threads in less TIME), limit it = problem gone  Exclamation
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation