Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team mode! like giant but 15 vs 15
maybe we could have team mode and everyone on the winning team gets like 2K coins
basicly battle royal but 15 vs 15 giant mode or maybe like more
(07-06-2020, 12:09 AM)packchew Wrote: maybe we could have team mode and everyone on the winning team gets like 2K coins
basicly battle royal but 15 vs 15 giant mode or maybe like more

From the original 'agar.io' game that I played years ago, my favourite part was always the three-player simple colours Teams mode, and so I strongly support any idea that would bring something like that to the game! I think only two teams is perhaps too simplistic? But rather than a 15 vs 15, then why not a 10 vs 10 vs 10??

Either way, I applaud your idea!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
very true! 10 vs 10 vs 10 would make it more intresting and fun!
(07-06-2020, 02:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: From the original 'agar.io' game that I played years ago, my favourite part was always the three-player simple colours Teams mode, and so I strongly support any idea that would bring something like that to the game!  I think only two teams is perhaps too simplistic? But rather than a 15 vs 15, then why not a 10 vs 10 vs 10??

Either way, I applaud your idea!

My biggest complaint about Teams mode in Agar.io was that players on the same team can only feed each other via mass ejections, so popular teaming mechanics such as splitrunning are not possible. I was a bit surprised to see that Teams mode was your favorite, as you are someone who has criticized teaming in other posts (LOL). Certain players have different limits for teaming, so while a team mode where teammates can eat each other would probably be more popular, a mode more similar to that of Agar.io would be for players who prefer a more moderate form of teaming.
(07-06-2020, 03:25 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: My biggest complaint about Teams mode in Agar.io was that players on the same team can only feed each other via mass ejections, so popular teaming mechanics such as splitrunning are not possible. I was a bit surprised to see that Teams mode was your favorite, as you are someone who has criticized teaming in other posts (LOL). Certain players have different limits for teaming, so while a team mode where teammates can eat each other would probably be more popular, a mode more similar to that of Agar.io would be for players who prefer a more moderate form of teaming.

I do enjoy a 'team' game... But usually "Teaming" means just 2 players, in a "Free For All" type server, which has always been next to cheating for me.

But the agar.io 'Teams' mode, by virtue of putting people on random teams, and evening out the total number of players, and then giving a longer-term goal of wiping out completely the two other teams, gives this mode of agar more of a 'Capture The Flag' feel, and a true team game.

You could fly around and serve one of many roles, from 'bait', to taking careful virus shots, to 'wingman' feeding (via 'w') the guy to take the kill shot.

If your team was down a pile, you could choose to instead start making 'squirrel nests' of a bundle of viruses that small cells could play around in maximizing their speed and agility, plus with lots of ammo to take shorts at the bigger guys.

The games took long enough that you actually did get a 'sense of accomplishment', once you'd completely killed off both opposing teams.

A really good 'Teams' player was one that could in a split second go from one role to another -- and even think ahead to envision a series of moves. It just felt totally different from 'Teaming' which is often monotonous, and repetitive actions that wreak havoc over whatever is in their path. The 'Teams mode' required more skill and agility -- quickness of thought. The dual 'Teaming' would put me to sleep watching it instead.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, SORYN
i play mitos.is,and it has capture the flag but in ffa and teams like agar.io,but it has more:private rooms,1v1s,Humans vs Zombies(Humans vs Zombies is normal teams but only 2 teams and they are humans as blue and zombies as red.),pets,and more!
^o^
[-] The following 2 users Like Romanista_'s post:
  • SORYN, Squirrel
(07-06-2020, 07:14 AM)Romanista_ Wrote: i play mitos.is,and it has capture the flag but in ffa and teams like agar.io,but it has more:private rooms,1v1s,Humans vs Zombies(Humans vs Zombies is normal teams but only 2 teams and they are humans as blue and zombies as red.),pets,and more!

So basically you guys want it to be like TagPro. I recommend you check it out as it could give you many ideas on how to start the build as well as the rules, so here we go.

There would be 10v10v10 in an area, consisting of three teams, each with their own flags, A player would have to steal one's flag and return it to their base, scoring a point, you could have some other people defending your flag, as well as some, interfering with others, and some trying to score points.

The maximum points you could score will be like 5 or 6, you choose. I suppose you all could already be in a party so team chat will become available, you could mega split into their flag as well, with bunches of plus sizes spawning everywhere so you could mega split someone as they reach their base if you're bigger than their cell. Angel 

Overall, I LOVE the idea, in Agma.io we don't even have that Many BRs, and most of the servers have no winner, especially Giant, so making Giant this fun should def be worth it.

Also, since it's a team effort, you could give the winner the coins depending on his or her score, for example a secure point could be 1000, Killing someone could be 100 by eating them for no reason, Killing someone with a flag could be 500, and etc.

EDIT: Actually, I suppose you should only give the top 3 players in the winning tm coins since some people would just make squads and then it would be too easy to just simply get coins, hopefully Sora will be able to tend to this and create a new byt fun mode for all of us, as well as make a report feature, I BELIEVE.

[Image: kh0Zvpm.gif]

[-] The following 2 users Like SORYN's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Squirrel