Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
About Respawning
On May 22, 2020, @Sora made an announcement in Discord that the 30 second respawn limit will soon be removed, and that we will be able to respawn any time. I understand that not being able to respawn when smaller than spawn size is annoying, but the annoyance of losing over half of the mass in battles to respawners is much worse. Even the way it is right now, it can be hard to get mass when first spawning because most battles between smaller players are less than 30 seconds and I can usually only get a few nibbles at my opponents before the rest of the mass goes away. I think that there should be a mass limit at which players can respawn, and this mass should NOT be deleted. I have never heard any points against this, but one might be that players could not tell if someone is frozen or respawned. A solution to this would be for mass left behind by respawners would have some sort of animation to show that it is dead mass. This could be something similar to the wacky animation, except it would be death themed, and it would be animated to show that it is not a skin. The cells would keep showing this animation until it is eaten. This would probably not cause any significant lag because most players respawn when they are about to die, so most of the mass would get eaten right away. I see no reason for the biggest player on the map to be able to delete their mass when they are about to die. This is really bad sportsmanship and it should be taken out of the game. If there is anything I am missing, please share your thoughts.
[-] The following 4 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Shade1453, Sora, Squirrel
(05-27-2020, 08:37 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: On May 22, 2020, @Sora made an announcement in Discord that the 30 second respawn limit will soon be removed, and that we will be able to respawn any time. I understand that not being able to respawn when smaller than spawn size is annoying, but the annoyance of losing over half of the mass in battles to respawners is much worse. Even the way it is right now, it can be hard to get mass when first spawning because most battles between smaller players are less than 30 seconds and I can usually only get a few nibbles at my opponents before the rest of the mass goes away. I think that there should be a mass limit at which players can respawn, and this mass should NOT be deleted. I have never heard any points against this, but one might be that players could not tell if someone is frozen or respawned. A solution to this would be for mass left behind by respawners would have some sort of animation to show that it is dead mass. This could be something similar to the wacky animation, except it would be death themed, and it would be animated to show that it is not a skin. The cells would keep showing this animation until it is eaten. This would probably not cause any significant lag because most players respawn when they are about to die, so most of the mass would get eaten right away. I see no reason for the biggest player on the map to be able to delete their mass when they are about to die. This is really bad sportsmanship and it should be taken out of the game. If there is anything I am missing, please share your thoughts.

I am with you, Finkle! I hate those bastich-respawners!

Plus, I wasn't even respawning when getting killed by a useless dim-witted skilless Team left me this tiny thing that was able to hide under a virus... I would just fly around until I found someone whole to fly into. What IS the 'respawn' key anyways? lol

I suggest that those moaning about respawning do what I did instead. Sad But if Sora reversed the change it's probably going to take more to get it changed yet again.

Sad
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Shade1453, Sora
In all fairness I have to agree with you guys but I have to admit it is frustrating when you really small

you literally have to commit suicide xD...
maybe its better to have a 15 second respawn rather than a 30 second
[-] The following 2 users Like Mr EMPEROR's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Shade1453
(05-28-2020, 12:40 PM)Mr EMPEROR Wrote: In all fairness I have to agree with you guys but I have to admit it is frustrating when you really small

Or Sora could easily change the code and make sure someone could not respawn as a tiny little lump, and then go back to killing the respawn!

@Sora, how about that?!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Shade1453, Sora
(05-28-2020, 06:37 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:40 PM)Mr EMPEROR Wrote: In all fairness I have to agree with you guys but I have to admit it is frustrating when you really small

Or Sora could easily change the code and make sure someone could not respawn as a tiny little lump, and then go back to killing the respawn!

@Sora, how about that?!
Oh yeah like a mass limit for a respawn so that you can only press m when you're a certain size? I like that
[-] The following 2 users Like Mr EMPEROR's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Shade1453
(05-27-2020, 08:37 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: On May 22, 2020, @Sora made an announcement in Discord that the 30 second respawn limit will soon be removed, and that we will be able to respawn any time. I understand that not being able to respawn when smaller than spawn size is annoying, but the annoyance of losing over half of the mass in battles to respawners is much worse. Even the way it is right now, it can be hard to get mass when first spawning because most battles between smaller players are less than 30 seconds and I can usually only get a few nibbles at my opponents before the rest of the mass goes away. I think that there should be a mass limit at which players can respawn, and this mass should NOT be deleted. I have never heard any points against this, but one might be that players could not tell if someone is frozen or respawned. A solution to this would be for mass left behind by respawners would have some sort of animation to show that it is dead mass. This could be something similar to the wacky animation, except it would be death themed, and it would be animated to show that it is not a skin. The cells would keep showing this animation until it is eaten. This would probably not cause any significant lag because most players respawn when they are about to die, so most of the mass would get eaten right away. I see no reason for the biggest player on the map to be able to delete their mass when they are about to die. This is really bad sportsmanship and it should be taken out of the game. If there is anything I am missing, please share your thoughts.

The mass won't disappear! It will still be there as dead mass after a person has been alive for at least 30 secs and then respawned. Update coming soon!
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Shade1453, Squirrel
(05-28-2020, 09:44 PM)Mr EMPEROR Wrote: Oh yeah like a mass limit for a respawn so that you can only press m when you're a certain size? I like that

This is what I want, and the mass would also not delete, it would stay for others to eat, so that the winner can get the mass he/she earned, and the loser can instantly start from a new spot without going to the home screen.
[-] The following 3 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Mr EMPEROR, Romanista_, Shade1453
What a happy ending
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shade1453's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Squirrel
That was a long conversation(lol).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
^o^
^o^
(05-29-2020, 07:11 AM)Romanista_ Wrote: That was a long conversation(lol).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
^o^

If you think THIS is long, then you have not seen thisRolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel

As you all know, this problem has been fixed as now players can respawn at their own will, but their mass will still be there for the player to eat. So the issue has been resolved thankfully and now both players can be happy, one of their own bad-sportsmanship, and the other of their victory.

[Image: kh0Zvpm.gif]