Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Glitch
Sometimes the screen on my Chromebook randomly goes black and then this happens:

This first happened last year and it usually happens every month or so, but this happened 5 times yesterday and at least twice so far today. Refreshing the page always fixes this, but switching servers still keeps this background. Sometimes I am in another tab when the screen goes black and I will see this once I switch back to Agma. Has this ever happened to anyone?

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality, my screen recorder wasn't working so I had to record on my phone lol
[-] The following 4 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • , Jupiter, Mindless, xRENDEx
(04-15-2020, 11:47 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Sometimes the screen on my Chromebook randomly goes black and then this happens:
~snips the video~
This first happened last year and it usually happens every month or so, but this happened 5 times yesterday and at least twice so far today. Refreshing the page always fixes this, but switching servers still keeps this background. Sometimes I am in another tab when the screen goes black and I will see this once I switch back to Agma. Has this ever happened to anyone?

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality, my screen recorder wasn't working so I had to record on my phone lol

Lolol!!!

No, nothing like this has EVER happened to me, in my 2500 hrs of playing!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-15-2020, 11:47 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Sometimes the screen on my Chromebook randomly goes black and then this happens:

Beautiful but confusing looking. I'm sure this is frustrating especially if you are on a roll. I've never seen anything like that's but I've had one of my pieces after I was virused wander on its own to the edge and would not join with my other remaining mass, that stray piece couldn't be eaten by anyone and restricted my movement. The person who virused me noticed and was circling as if to show me he thought it was also funny so ended giving up to him cause my movement was restricted to where this stray piece decided to rest.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, fisa, Squirrel
(04-17-2020, 02:57 PM)samira Wrote: Finky looks like the background of the canvas isn’t cleared...
Usually each time when the game renders everything (cells, viruses, coins etc) this should happen at  first... Or/and it should draw the background of the map. Which setting do you use? Fancy? Squares? Sections? Try a different from what you use at the moment...

It's strange. All of the frames in the game stack instead of clearing when this happens, including my mass count. I have also noticed that the leaderboard, chat, and my stats (e.g. coins, level, etc.) do not stack. This same thing happened 5 more times yesterday lol (I made this thread 2 days ago). Anyway, I use the fancy grid. What will using a different background do?

(04-17-2020, 10:51 AM)Jupiter Wrote: Beautiful but confusing looking. I'm sure this is frustrating especially if you are on a roll. I've never seen anything like that's but I've had one of my pieces after I was virused wander on its own to the edge and would not join with my other remaining mass, that stray piece couldn't be eaten by anyone and restricted my movement. The person who virused me noticed and was circling as if to show me he thought it was also funny so ended giving up to him cause my movement was restricted to where this stray piece decided to rest.
Beautiful indeed! And certainly confusing. Usually I like to play with it just to see how well I do (I usually don't do very well lol), but this has been occurring more and more frequently to the point where it is just frustrating. Also, when you had that glitch with your stray piece, would your camera follow it? And when you gave your mass to that other player, what happened to that last piece?

lol whoaaa
(04-17-2020, 08:33 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:57 PM)samira Wrote: Finky looks like the background of the canvas isn’t cleared...
Usually each time when the game renders everything (cells, viruses, coins etc) this should happen at  first... Or/and it should draw the background of the map. Which setting do you use? Fancy? Squares? Sections? Try a different from what you use at the moment...

It's strange. All of the frames in the game stack instead of clearing when this happens, including my mass count. I have also noticed that the leaderboard, chat, and my stats (e.g. coins, level, etc.) do not stack. This same thing happened 5 more times yesterday lol (I made this thread 2 days ago). Anyway, I use the fancy grid. What will using a different background do?

(04-17-2020, 10:51 AM)Jupiter Wrote: Beautiful but confusing looking. I'm sure this is frustrating especially if you are on a roll. I've never seen anything like that's but I've had one of my pieces after I was virused wander on its own to the edge and would not join with my other remaining mass, that stray piece couldn't be eaten by anyone and restricted my movement. The person who virused me noticed and was circling as if to show me he thought it was also funny so ended giving up to him cause my movement was restricted to where this stray piece decided to rest.
Beautiful indeed! And certainly confusing. Usually I like to play with it just to see how well I do (I usually don't do very well lol), but this has been occurring more and more frequently to the point where it is just frustrating. Also, when you had that glitch with your stray piece, would your camera follow it? And when you gave your mass to that other player, what happened to that last piece?
This glitch happened over a year ago on agario probably ffa Nrth.America. Yes the camera followed the stray piece and restricted my movement. My adversary was wobbling which to me is a non verbal communication of laughter ( don't know if he was laughing at me because he had just virused me or whether he noticed the same piece straying as I did). I remember the camera was off center so I had very limited view of one side and too much of a view on  the other side. I was able to easily capture another player but I couldn't move out of view of that one piece that was sticking on the edge and no one could eat that tiny piece. I don't know what happened after I surrended myself to my adversary because I resetted the game and it didn't happen again. Back then I remember some players especially big ones would freeze but no one could eat or virus the frozen player. Some players even myself would hide out in the dead frozen cel waiting for a smaller cel to approach and then ambush the smaller cel. Haven't seen that glitch after that. They must have addressed that problem.

(04-17-2020, 10:14 PM)Jupiter Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:33 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:

This glitch happened over a year ago on agario probably ffa Nrth.America. Yes the camera followed the stray piece and restricted my movement. My adversary was wobbling which to me is a non verbal communication of laughter ( don't know if he was laughing at me because he had just virused me or whether he noticed the same piece straying as I did). I remember the camera was off center so I had very limited view of one side and too much of a view on  the other side. I was able to easily capture another player but I couldn't move out of view of that one piece that was sticking on the edge and no one could eat that tiny piece. I don't know what happened after I surrended myself to my adversary because I resetted the game and it didn't happen again. Back then I remember some players especially big ones would freeze but no one could eat or virus the frozen player. Some players even myself would hide out in the dead frozen cel waiting for a smaller cel to approach and then ambush the smaller cel. Haven't seen that glitch after that. They must have addressed that problem.
P.S. I remember seeing a virus or two at that time that couldn't be activated. You could run over it if you were big. Was fun to be in front of it and if someone would try to virus you all they would end up doing is feeding you mass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
I never saw this post... But that's freaking awesome lolol. It looks like abstract art
~video snipped~

Might you, by any chance, be using a laptop?

I am not the greatest with hardware, but I would suggest you happen to see if the manufacturer of your graphics card has an update for the driver for that specific card. And if so, try updating it. (Make sure you have a restore point beforehand, in case this makes it worse, not better. lol)

And did it happen, possibly around the same time as you migrated to a different version of your O/S?
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(04-19-2020, 01:05 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Might you, by any chance, be using a laptop?

I am not the greatest with hardware, but I would suggest you happen to see if the manufacturer of your graphics card has an update for the driver for that specific card. And if so, try updating it. (Make sure you have a restore point beforehand, in case this makes it worse, not better. lol)

And did it happen, possibly around the same time as you migrated to a different version of your O/S?

It seems to be more of a software issue. Most parts of the game stack the images, but the leaderboard, coin count, chat, and cursor do not. Also, my screen goes black quite often, but this glitch seems to only occur when I am playing Agma. My computer has been acting up all week. I have had EXTREME lag and this glitch, but the final straw was when last night, random game objects started disappearing. My coins/XP would randomly flicker and my textbox would randomly go away, black rectangles started covering names, half my screen would turn black...refreshing the page did not work this time!! I restarted my computer and all of my lag went away and so far this glitch has not come back.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(04-19-2020, 07:10 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 01:05 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Might you, by any chance, be using a laptop?

It seems to be more of a software issue. Most parts of the game stack the images, but the leaderboard, coin count, chat, and cursor do not. Also, my screen goes black quite often, but this glitch seems to only occur when I am playing Agma. My computer has been acting up all week. I have had EXTREME lag and this glitch, but the final straw was when last night, random game objects started disappearing. My coins/XP would randomly flicker and my textbox would randomly go away, black rectangles started covering names, half my screen would turn black...refreshing the page did not work this time!! I restarted my computer and all of my lag went away and so far this glitch has not come back.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That's why I suggested that you check ... either your graphics card manufacturer, if it is a proper workstation, or your laptop manufacturer, if the model # you have has updates.

A hardware driver is software!

(In what seems like a lifetime ago, I used to write drivers for dial-up modems using machine language. lol...)

If it's not a driver problem, it could possibly be an error with the graphics card itself, which contains the memory which a machine will typically use to write to your screen. Depending on the card, you might find a diagnostic tool with the software that you got for it, or possibly you might find it available for download from the manufacturer's website.

I think it is unlikely that the problem is within a browser, but you could try using a different browser too.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter
(04-20-2020, 05:03 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 07:10 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:

That's why I suggested that you check ... either your graphics card manufacturer, if it is a proper workstation, or your laptop manufacturer, if the model # you have has updates.

A hardware driver is software!

(In what seems like a lifetime ago, I used to write drivers for dial-up modems using machine language. lol...)

If it's not a driver problem, it could possibly be an error with the graphics card itself, which contains the memory which a machine will typically use to write to your screen. Depending on the card, you might find a diagnostic tool with the software that you got for it, or possibly you might find it available for download from the manufacturer's website.

I think it is unlikely that the problem is within a browser, but you could try using a different browser too.
  As a no tech I am impressed Squirrel Smile . You seem like an I.T. guy to me. I want to make videos of my game play, an instructional entertaining type. Maybe I can ask you for advise when I run into snags. Shy
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(04-20-2020, 12:33 PM)Jupiter Wrote:   As a no tech I am impressed Squirrel Smile . You seem like an I.T. guy to me. I want to make videos of my game play, an instructional entertaining type. Maybe I can ask you for advise when I run into snags. Shy

I work for a smaller Internet provider here in Toronto, and it does leave me with a collection of hats to wear, which is what I love about the job. So definitely, I am an I.T.-guy, but the full scope of I.T. is soooooo vast now, I really only cover the things that pertain to Internet providers, and data centres.

Neither my eyes nor my artistic talent is up to doing anything at all with graphics, or videos and streaming. I leave that alll up to an impressive base of talented young people that we have here!

(Plus Eqatombe, who might still float around here and there!)

I'm sure to enjoy the stories that you must have amassed playing agar.io! Don't be shy! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Jupiter
now that's what i call art
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shade1453's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Squirrel
whot is this glish
   Guys did you know patience brings you good things in life              listen to this.                     https://youtu.be/Uh83QLuIHDc                       Hey guys! If y'all have any questions for me I will be happy to answer your question contact me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XxtoxicagmaytxX's post:
  • DoctorFinkle

Jaja it happens when the browser says not respond and it turns black and after that it happens, i have that problem 4 times xDD
I love games, be responsible and be helpful.
Also i love pizza ✨
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sarcrack's post:
  • DoctorFinkle