Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OWLS POWERUP IDEAS
Star 
[Image: 5130556.png]

These Are Some Cool Ideas I Had For Powerups, In Agma.io!

Body ARMOR

( Max 5 Per Day )

When You Press "X" Emmits A Force Field For 30 Seconds Rendering
you Harmless.

Invisibility 

( Max 2 Per Day )

When Active Press "I" Blends You With The Map For 10 Seconds, Perfect for that sneak attack or 
getaway.

Bounce Away

( Max 5 Per Day )

When Active Press "B" Allows You to bounce of any object for the duration of 20 Seconds.

Mystery Box

( Max 3 Per Day )

When Active Press "M" Automatically Spawns A Random Powerup.

Radar Jamm

( Max 10 Per Day )

When Active Press "J" Takes Away Your Enemies Radar Within a Radius of 5x Your Cell
For the Duration Of 15 Seconds.

Clone Away

( Max 5 Per Day )

When Active Press "C" Drops An Exact Copy Of Your Player Cell For The Duration Of 15 Seconds.

Prices For These New Powerups?

1. Body Armor - 10,000 Coins

2.  Invisibility - 12,500 Coins

3. Bounce Away - 5,000 Coins

4. Mystery Box - 8,000 Coins

5. Radar Jamm - 11,500 Coins

6. Clone Away - 2,500 Coins 
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Owl 's post:
  • Squirrel , YaGirlBantrr
All of these sound so fun to play with! I would love to see which one would make it if sora agrees with them :o
[Image: zero_two_eating.gif]
@Owl

I would like to have some explanations :

About Clone Away :
First, what is the utility ? Can you eat other players whit your clones ? If yes, I think there is a limite of clones ?
And I found it's very cheap for something like this, you can eat a lot of players in the same time.
last question about this power up, if you eat someone with your clones (if it's possible) will you gain scores ?

About Body Armor :
Can you split or eat other players when the power is working ?

-I found the "Bounce" can be very fun against team who split virus on you.-

I think it's all, sorry if you don't understand my english
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
(04-14-2018, 03:57 PM)YaGirlBantrr Wrote: All of these sound so fun to play with! I would love to see which one would make it if sora agrees with them :o

I Think these PowerUps would be an amazing feature to add the game! 

Brand New Concept To Agma.io

(04-14-2018, 04:09 PM)7shoes Wrote: @Owl

I would like to have some explanations :

About Clone Away :
First, what is the utility ? Can you eat other players whit your clones ? If yes, I think there is a limite of clones ?
And I found it's very cheap for something like this, you can eat a lot of players in the same time.
last question about this power up, if you eat someone with your clones (if it's possible) will you gain scores ?

About Body Armor :
Can you split or eat other players when the power is working ?

-I found the "Bounce" can be very fun against team who split virus on you.-

I think it's all, sorry if you don't understand my english

For The Clone, The concept would be dropping an exact copy of your player cell for 15 Seconds, Then when an enemy tries to eat your clone they explode. Kinda like a virus in disguise.
As far as eating other players, your clone would not gain any scores

For the Body Armor, Its Kinda like the 360 shot except your protected by that force field, and you would not be able to gain any score or eat anyone else. 

( Think of this like a second life ) 

The Bounce would also be a fun way to get around the map, this concept again, you wouldn't be able to eat anyone or gain score you just "Bounce".

Any Other Questions?

Those are some nice ideas, @Owl !

The only one I think would be difficult, and probably would just not work, or cause too many people to grouse would be the 'Radar Jam'. It would leave you as the only one able to see, unless someone else also quickly used a jammer. I suppose you could just turn the whole map & mini-map to an animated gif, and that would.... save on computational cycles, but it also seems... quite powerful. But it would be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

The other ideas, though, are all solid!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Owl
(04-15-2018, 02:19 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Those are some nice ideas, @Owl !

The only one I think would be difficult, and probably would just not work, or cause too many people to grouse would be the 'Radar Jam'. It would leave you as the only one able to see, unless someone else also quickly used a jammer. I suppose you could just turn the whole map & mini-map to an animated gif, and that would.... save on computational cycles, but it also seems... quite powerful. But it would be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

The other ideas, though, are all solid!

Thanks! The Radar Jamm Is Meant to Jam your enemies radar within a radius 5x your cell size so therefore it wouldnt affect the whole mapSmile

Cant wait to see what the others think!

Lots of creativity! Thanks for suggesting new ideas.
Some things to consider about each idea:

1. Body Armour
  • This idea is cool, have been considering something similar before. If I understand correctly, the idea is to make it so that your playercells can't be eaten by anyone else, even if they're larger than you, for 30 secs? Kind of like a shield?
2. Invisibility
  • Been considered before, and might be implemented in the future!

3. Bounce away
  • What did you mean with this idea? "Pressing B allows you to bounce any object off for 20 seconds. "
4. Mystery Box
  • I think this might be confusing to the people who play mostly for the simplicity of the game. Keep in mind new things aren't easily understandable, even if they're specifically made as simple as possible.

5. Radar Jam
  • Most people don't really use minimap that much, so I don't think it'll even be noticable for some people that their minimap is gone. They would probably just wonder why it's not working, for a couple seconds.
6. Clone
  • This idea could be interesting, depending on how it's implemented. The important thing is to really have it well planned out, in all aspects. How it's going to work, how it's goign to be perceived by players, how it will outfold, what it will be worth, how it will look like and visually appear. The purpose is that it'll make some addition to the game, or be fun to use, and not confusing or bothersome for other players. Do you have any ideas how the clone idea would work? When you mention it drosp an exact copy of your cell, where does that copy appear? Does that mean you basically duplicate all your cells (if you're in total 8 split up cells) would mean you now have 16 cells same size after duplication?)
In general:
Having so many different hotkeys for each powerup is very hard for people to remember, unless it's visually appearing somewhere on screen. But even then, the powerups themselves might be confusing for people, as they won't know what effect it does or has, or other people who are seeing the power wouldn't understand what's going on, or think the person is "cheating".

I think the next big thing is actually some more major content to the game, as first priority. Such as new gamemodes. These things go on the general gameplay, which is the main aspect of the game. Creating more opportunities in the game means more freedom and challenge. The powerups and other additions are just decorations that add to the game. I think the combination of new gamemodes with powerups is the essence of creating good fresh environments to play in. So maybe you also have some ideas in terms of new gamemodes?
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sora's post:
  • Squirrel
(04-15-2018, 08:22 PM)Sora Wrote: Lots of creativity! Thanks for suggesting new ideas.

1. Body Armour
This idea is cool, have been considering something similar before. If I understand correctly, the idea is to make it so that your playercells can't be eaten by anyone else, even if they're larger than you, for 30 secs?
Kind of like a shield?

2. Invisibility
Been considered before, and might be implemented in the future!

3. Bounce away
What did you mean with this idea? "Pressing B allows you to bounce any object off for 20 seconds. "

4. Mystery Box
I think this might be confusing to the people who play mostly for the simplicity of the game. Keep in mind new things aren't easily understandable, even if they're specifically made as simple as possible.

5. Radar Jam
Most people don't really use minimap that much, so I don't think it'll even be noticable for some people that their minimap is gone. They would probably just wonder why it's not working, for a couple seconds.

6. Clone
This idea could be interesting, depending on how it's implemented. Again, I think the important thing is to really have it well planned out, in all aspects. How it's going to work, how it's goign to be perceived by players, how it will outfold, what it will be worth, how it will look like and visually appear. The purpose is that it'll make some addition to the game, or be fun to use, and not confusing or bothersome for other players.
Do you have any ideas how the clone idea would work? When you mention it drosp an exact copy of your cell, where does that copy appear?
Does that mean you basically duplicate all your cells (if you're in total 8 split up cells) would mean you now have 16 cells same size after duplication?)

Having so many different hotkeys for each powerup is very hard for people to remember, unless it's visually appearing somewhere on screen. But even then, the powerups themselves might be confusing for people, as they won't know what effect it does or has, or other people who are seeing the power wouldn't understand what's going on, or think the person is "cheating".

I think the next big thing is actually some more major content to the game, as first priority. Such as new gamemodes. These things go on the general gameplay, which is the main aspect of the game. Creating more opportunities in the game means more freedom and challenge. The powerups and other additions are just decorations that add to the game. I think the combination of new gamemodes with powerups is the essence of creating good fresh environments to play in. So maybe you also have some ideas in terms of new gamemodes?

1. Yes! Exactly like a shield protecting you for the duration of 30 Seconds and Yes other player cells bigger than you cannot eat you.

2. Awesome! Cant wait to see how it turns out.

3. Bounce Away, Is like another way to get around the map quick and to get you out of tight situations, when you Press B you are then accelerated in any direction bouncing off any object you hit.

4. I Absolutely agree! This idea sparked me, i kept noticing little power up id pick up around the map and thought it'd be a fun thing to integrate in the game.

5. I also agree, but for those competitive players that use their map it'd be a cool way to throw them off.

6. The clone one is still an idea in progress i guess you could say lol

Yes! My next idea will involves new concepts to new game modes, this will require a week maybe even 2.

With lots of new ideas floating around in my head at the moment i cant wait to write them down and come up with amazing new things for the community and making Agma more fun to play.

(04-15-2018, 08:39 PM)Owl Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 08:22 PM)Sora Wrote: Lots of creativity! Thanks for suggesting new ideas.

1. Body Armour
This idea is cool, have been considering something similar before. If I understand correctly, the idea is to make it so that your playercells can't be eaten by anyone else, even if they're larger than you, for 30 secs?
Kind of like a shield?

2. Invisibility

3. Bounce away
What did you mean with this idea? "Pressing B allows you to bounce any object off for 20 seconds. "

4. Mystery Box
I think this might be confusing to the people who play mostly for the simplicity of the game. Keep in mind new things aren't easily understandable, even if they're specifically made as simple as possible.

5. Radar Jam
Most people don't really use minimap that much, so I don't think it'll even be noticable for some people that their minimap is gone. They would probably just wonder why it's not working, for a couple seconds.

6. Clone
This idea could be interesting, depending on how it's implemented. Again, I think the important thing is to really have it well planned out, in all aspects. How it's going to work, how it's goign to be perceived by players, how it will outfold, what it will be worth, how it will look like and visually appear. The purpose is that it'll make some addition to the game, or be fun to use, and not confusing or bothersome for other players.
Do you have any ideas how the clone idea would work? When you mention it drosp an exact copy of your cell, where does that copy appear?
Does that mean you basically duplicate all your cells (if you're in total 8 split up cells) would mean you now have 16 cells same size after duplication?)

1. Yes! Exactly like a shield protecting you for the duration of 30 Seconds and Yes other player cells bigger than you cannot eat you.

3. Bounce Away, Is like another way to get around the map quick and to get you out of tight situations, when you Press B you are then accelerated in any direction bouncing off any object you hit.

4. I Absolutely agree! This idea sparked me, i kept noticing little power up id pick up around the map and thought it'd be a fun thing to integrate in the game.

5. I also agree, but for those competitive players that use their map it'd be a cool way to throw them off.

Yes! My next idea will involves new concepts to new game modes, this will require a week maybe even 2.

With lots of new ideas floating around in my head at the moment i cant wait to write them down and come up with amazing new things for the community and making Agma more fun to play.

When you said 'radar jammer', I kind of thought that both maps would be affected, not just the minimap.

And when you said 'Bounce Off', I thought that anything that hit you would just bounce off for the duration... If the purpose of that is to make you go faster, I'm not sure how you would explain how/why that works?

So Sora asked some good questions about your ideas. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-16-2018, 09:26 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 08:39 PM)Owl Wrote:

1. Body Armour
Kind of like a shield?

2. Invisibility

3. Bounce away

4. Mystery Box

5. Radar Jam

6. Clone

When you said 'radar jammer', I kind of thought that both maps would be affected, not just the minimap.

And when you said 'Bounce Off', I thought that anything that hit you would just bounce off for the duration... If the purpose of that is to make you go faster, I'm not sure how you would explain how/why that works?

So Sora asked some good questions about your ideas. Smile

Its A Work In Progress