Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Megaphone Shouts
(05-04-2022, 06:40 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: 1) Proactive Shout Removal
When a shout is first made, only mods would be able to see the shout, and they would have ~10 seconds to approve/disapprove the shout before the shout is shown to others. If no mod approves/disapproves the shout during this time, then the shout is automatically approved and shown to others.

2) Disable Viewing Shouts
Players who do not wish to see shouts should have the option to disable viewing shouts. If they only wish to view certain types of shouts, there could be an option to show/hide certain categories (YouTube, Server Invites, Spam, Other, etc.). When a player makes a shout, they would have to select one or more categories, and only those who have at least one of those categories enabled would be able to view the shout.

I like this idea.

Also, Mindless doesn't like it. That's another sign that it's a good idea!

But of course, as it's always been, in the end, coming up with ideas are easier than implementing them.

Also, I can't see too many mods paying close attention to a queue of shouts when they are probably just trying to have some fun (ie: playing). I kind of think the only outcomes would be... the 10s delay; needing to reserve another buffer for queued shouts. and planning for the dimwits who purposely try to overflood that.

Anotherwords: More headache than it's worth.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!

Messages In This Thread
Megaphone Shouts - DoctorFinkle - 05-04-2022, 06:40 PM
RE: Megaphone Shouts - TheRoxy - 05-04-2022, 07:14 PM
RE: Megaphone Shouts - fisa - 05-04-2022, 08:02 PM
RE: Megaphone Shouts - DoctorFinkle - 05-05-2022, 01:43 PM