Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My New Stance on Agf.io
(03-26-2021, 04:31 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 05:42 AM)Mindless Wrote: Finky, I didn't address your suggested edits because so far I think they are all hogwash.  The server doesn't need rebalancing, it just needs realness.

Besides allowing teaming, what other changes do you suggest should be made to the server?

Raising the virus limit is the only potential thing I can see right now, but I'm not sure how that would play out.  The virus limit is defensive to virus farmers.  I'd rather have players be more aware to spread virus through out map to keep them spread around and prevent them all getting pooled up in one spot.  As well as its nice to have them stashed all over the place.

I'm only focused on the greatest, most important change and that is freeing the server of being constraint to one style of playing.  Currently the server barely has even 10 people on to fill the leaderboard list all through out the day.  The solo server is stale because it lacks realness.  There is a major lack of interest, we need more things for all the players to do.  Like battle solo players battling powerful teams.  And beyond everything there is a obvious lack of integrity.  It only takes a few moments of spectating to see all the teaming going on under the radar.  To leave it as a solo server is absolutely disgusting.

I'm annoyed with you finky for you coming out and saying you support freedom and then you suggest three edits that would barely do anything to the server besides mess up consistency.  You couldn't sound more unsure of yourself.

And then you go on and ask again what changes I think should be made..  I have told you several times already I think the server is balanced.  The top priority is getting the servers integrity back, making it fun and fair for all.  Any other balances can be tested in either a second server or in short sessions/periods with Sora ready to receive feedback and make adjustments so we are not stuck with crap.

One of the major root problems in original agf was shortage of mass.  It allowed for Team Busters to hold control of the server by having 4 or 5 massive players on the corners and center of the map..  They would savage all except fellow clan members and hog server for themselves.  Despite being one of the best, if not the best player at the time, I had a really hard time playing at all if I didn't have my regular alias on.  Team Busters was a group of selfish teamers in denial.  Many of the clan left, but it's still going on to this day.  They are uninterested in battling each other, they help each other in battles, it is fake soloing, and there is nothing real about it except for real friendship.  For as long as there is a solo server, there will be a haven for them and the likes of them to fake solo.

For the same reason of shortage of mass.  Openly Teaming can be used as a major advantage.  This style of open teaming is going on in short spurts already with players claiming to be solo right now in the current server.  With just the short spurts, players are able to control server for long durations of time AND get away with the teaming.  In order to combat this behavior, teaming needs to be openly available to all so it's not a battle of what hidden teams can get away with what.

Virus farming was the solution to combat both fake soloing and teamers who openly team.  It's important to have the ability to generate mass at any given point on the map.  So if the teamers are on one side of the map, a player has to be able to generate enough mass to combat the teamers on the other side by the time the teamers can finish what they are doing on the one side and then split run across to the other side.  For this same reason both the hidden rooms are really important.  If a player can generate mass via farming with the mass potions there and/or mass farming with the portal.  They have a good chance to combat teamers once they are out.  This is especially true if they can also openly team with friends that may be on.  Once having control of the mass, it's easy for players of skill to keep control, this is something that we are already successfully doing.

Original AGF mechanics were definitely smoother and had better split mechanics.  It's harder to team regardless of it being enforced in the current server.  It has something to do with the viruses being larger or the clank as you once described it. Even though the flow of the current server is inferior to original agf, I am willing to pay that price to have the necessary tools to combat both fake soloing and teaming.  I also really love virus farming and perpetuating mass as the battles go on.  So I'm actually really happy with the addition of virus farming.

Messages In This Thread
My New Stance on Agf.io - DoctorFinkle - 03-23-2021, 12:53 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Fishy - 03-23-2021, 01:28 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - DoctorFinkle - 03-23-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Light* - 03-23-2021, 02:05 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Démone - 03-23-2021, 03:07 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - SurakAtticus - 03-23-2021, 01:20 PM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Mindless - 03-23-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Sora - 03-24-2021, 12:35 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Mindless - 03-24-2021, 03:56 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Démone - 03-25-2021, 12:31 AM
RE: My New Stance on Agf.io - Mindless - 04-22-2021, 01:58 PM