Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing AGF
As many of you know, I think and have strong feelings about how agf needs to have adjustments made to it.  In particular, the in game moderators should be removed.

This is something I feel so strongly about I was risking getting banned over it.  Seeing that I was actually temp banned with threats of an ip ban and device ban over this is really sad.  It makes me feel like Sora caters to the emotions of a few people over the overall gameplay of the server.  And also that Sora is willing to off one of the most devoted players to the server before hearing out advice and testing adjustments.  This was utterly disrespectful to me, especially since Sora typically ends up taking the advice I give him.  It just takes him way long and maybe someone else to say it for it to get through to him.

Anyway.. 

Moderators should be removed.

And here is why...   

Calling AGF a solo server is absolutely laughable.  I agree it should be solo preferred, but there is no such thing as consistent, true solo agf gameplay.  And if it actually exists, it is so rare that it is practically non existent and performed by players so few that it is completely negligible to consider it as overall primary server conditions.

In my opinion, there are few to no players who are actually interested in true solo gameplay.  And then most of the players who claim they are solo still team anyway in ways that are less obvious than split running.  And then for the few to none players who are actually strict about solo playing but still use a name consistently fall victim to other players trying to make friends with well known players or please them by helping them in the middle of gameplay.  When this happens, a true soloist for the most part will back off from battle for a moment to position themselves in fair starting points but I'm finding that a lot of these players are unaware of it happening.  So they end up accepting the help of a player(s) trying to team with them unknowingly.

Now for the players who are aware of this happening and want to continue the battle without backing off for a moment they will either split back away or passed the opponent(s) to make their smaller cells available to eat and give a passage way of mass to follow or purposely hit a virus with a cell to give away a portion of the server mass to rebalance mass fairness.  Although this is in the sportsmanship of fair gameplay, it is undeniably also teaming.  As one can see with this situation, if one wishes to have uninterrupted gameplay, a certain degree of teaming is completely unavoidable.

Then there are players who are my favorite type of players who I categorize as party players.  These players refuse to savage others and finish off an opponents mass off entirely but maybe mostly.  Then instead of finishing off the opponent(s) they will either split away or passed opponent(s) to create a followable mass trail, purposely run into a virus to make an opening, or even send out a sizable pool of mass ejections to give opponent(s) a head start and continue gameplay as soon as possible.  Even though there is no intention on teaming here, it is in a sense undeniably teaming.

In extension to the last paragraph as party players are doing this regularly with randoms and other regular players, relationships are being established and a certain degree of conditioning is being made by both parties on how they treat each other within the fields of mass.  So once it is agreed upon that they wont savage each other and one or both become interested in involving another player or approaching another pool of mass the leading mass cell may split toward other players mass while letting other party players trail smaller mass.  This may be mistaken for split running for the sake of an unfair advantage when in actuality it is split running for the sake of continued gameplay.  This is because once arrived at the other player(s) mass, party players will often create an opening for the new player to come in and join the fun.  The intention was never to use the mass to savage anyone, but use it to create followable mass trails for everyone.  This is where the sweet spot of agf is and where all the magic is and the times everyone seems to be having a lot of fun.  it's not solo play.  It is everyone teaming with everyone and that is what makes it solo play in a sense, yet it is undeniably teaming.

Now from what is stated above I could close my argument of why moderators should be removed from agf because I think that is enough there and is really the true reason why moderators should be removed but I'll point out a few problems moderators introduce to the game to further support this theory.

1)  Moderators are not always around.  There are several extended periods of times through out each and every day no moderators are around.  During these times there are players who team and take advantage of this time.  Then players like myself who do not want to build a reputation as a teamer and have a moderator more likely to freeze me will have to take out the teamers as a solo player and then hold down the mass as a solo player against multiple groups of teamers.  I could do this by playing conservatively which I am uninterested in doing and would rather not play at all or I could balance the mass with another party player(s) who I trust wont be greedy and then the group or party of party players can hold down the mass for everyone and protect the mass from the greedy teamers who want all the server mass just for themselves.

Having moderators makes party players hesitant to do what they are doing because it is a form of teaming itself even though it is with the purpose of sharing the mass with everyone.  It creates players dependent on moderators when if the power was given to players skilled enough the party would never have to end.  And the moderators are not always around or dependable.  More moderators is not the answer to this problem, its giving power back to the players!

2). Moderators are human and prone to bias opinions.  I've seen moderators continually freeze players as they spawn until they give up and leave the server.  I understand they are doing it because the player must have teamed, but I don't think it is fair to continually do it as they spawn.  I've seen this multiple times and is regular behavior from some of the agf mods.  And then a player who is regularly known as a teamer may try party playing and get frozen for party playing when others get away with the same behavior who are more well known as solo players.

3). Moderators make mistakes, can, and have frozen solo players.  This is usually done to a party player and when it happens it can damage the relationship of party players.  The party players want to be fair and play undisturbed but if the moderators have a bias or think these two players are known for teaming with each other the moderator will be more likely to freeze them when they are actually just party playing normally together trying to be fun for everyone.  I've had personal experience with this with several friends who we could not figure a way to play with each other after being disrupted on several occasions from moderators saying we were teaming when we did not think we were so we didn't know what to do and eventually completely stopped playing all together with each other.  This has definitely effected my personal relationships with players and I'm sure it has for many others as well.

4)  Frozen pools of mass cause disruptions for the entire server.  In the midst of a well constructed party play, we will have several players going at in in the field of mass, party zone.  When this is happening the economy of mass is a very delicate balance.  This delicacy of economy of mass is part of what attributes to the greatness of agf and can easily and has definitely been disturbed by frozen teamers on the side lines.  There has been times when I had almost the entire server mass spread out with so many players going at it within my mass field completely ruined and disrupted by mass that has been frozen on the sidelines.  As if the little teamers who were disrupting barely anyone in the whole server all of a sudden disrupted the whole server because a moderator had to freeze two little teamers on the side and disrupt the delicacy of mass balance.  It is honestly so frustrating when this happens.

5). Imposing free will.  I think its awesome having players being able to act with what they are willing to do.  It's interesting to see a player go from teamer to solo player and do whatever they please.  In the sense of building consciousness, true discipline, and willingness of fair, fun play for all a person has to have the option to be a player with an advantage.

Closing Thoughts

Moderators should be removed from agf and it should be renamed simply "agf" with "solo preferred" in the description.  Agf has never been about true solo, it's always been party players vs greedy party poopers!!  When we really get it right and going its just all party players!!!  Make it solo preferred and not solo enforced!  Give the power back to the players!!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like Mindless's post:
  • Apix , DoctorFinkle, fisa, Manzana19, solo_player123

Messages In This Thread
Fixing AGF - Mindless - 02-17-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: Fixing AGF - LoserBFDI - 02-17-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Fixing AGF - DoctorFinkle - 02-18-2021, 04:42 AM
RE: Fixing AGF - solo_player123 - 02-18-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Fixing AGF - fireboneee - 02-18-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: Fixing AGF - Démone - 02-19-2021, 04:13 AM
RE: Fixing AGF - Mindless - 02-19-2021, 10:22 PM
RE: Fixing AGF - DoctorFinkle - 02-20-2021, 04:19 AM
RE: Fixing AGF - Mindless - 02-20-2021, 12:38 PM