Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Messaging Sora
(06-16-2020, 04:44 PM)Breakfast Wrote: I would say there should be a more professional customer team that also requires training. Such as every support has their own little time slot for helping people. Alot of people have alot of questions and alot of the time, they just go onto the discord, but what if they have payment issues for example? they cant just email sora and wait, as that could cause more issues

This is a community-based game, run by a community-based group. Sora has from the start had his eye on bettering the larger agar.io community. by bringing them into the process, by grabbing this domain, agarioforums.net.

Normally, one guy does not "create a game". In this case, it almost seems like it, but if you go through the messages here, you find a whole series of contributors who have come before. You can't ask this game to have "professional staff", because we are using quite a young group of people, and they need considerations. They will, from time to time, be kids, and that will not always have the professional look.

But I say, so what?!  This is a communal game, where everyone who is truly willing to give of their time to make the game and the community better, is accepted! Every last person who has put heart and soul into bettering the game has been a volunteer, and it's nice, and likely that that will continue.

This is not a huge conglomerate game-manufacturer, looking to squeeze more out of the "bottom-line".  Yes, Sora is rare, but if you've ever had a chance to talk to him, you know how much he has given to this whole thing, and how he values the community his passion has helped create.

If you take some time, go log into Steam, and check out the many hundreds of people who would like to develop a game, who still realize their visions and goals are a pipe-dream, that requires help from "the public". Agma has been no different, except we have not had to "raise money" to pay the developers, we simply have to be happy with what happened to come Sora's way. (We've had a few very kind and important players, I believe, who have kind of filled in that gap!)

Payment issues are one thing that I find important, and I'm sure Sora does as well. But I have witnessed a few customers of my company who are would-be game developers, and understand how cutthroat the gaming industry is. Sora is right to trust slowly, and although the young people who end up having a problem with payment may find this a bigger deal, simply because they are generally not rich, it's just another element of the "communal" fabric of this game, that Sora needs some time to straighten those out.

I love the aspect of warmth that exists through virtually every element of the community, and I think we just have to accept that it's not a game you go into a store, shell out a lot of money, and put on a credit card.

We'll continue to "make it better", as volunteers permit us to, and trust that Sora is doing what he can to make evryone's experience a good one.

But Shade is already throwing a bunch of effort at "training" with his personal pet project to document everything. In the end, it will read like a player and Staff tutorial, I believe! The natural inquisition of young people, and their own will to learn something, and "get ahead" where they truly have desire, I believe will carry the rest!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!

Messages In This Thread
Private Messaging Sora - Kevin/HazR - 06-12-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: Private Messaging Sora - CubicPVP - 06-12-2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Private Messaging Sora - Breakfast - 06-12-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Private Messaging Sora - HutDude - 06-12-2020, 04:46 PM