Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creepy Pasta I found
(05-03-2016, 09:41 PM)Sacrifice Wrote:  I love creepy pastas! Check this one out, I just felt like sharing it btw..

OK, is 'creepy pasta' some sort of code phrase that stands for something else? I was expecting a story where grandma slips on some spilled linguine, dies, and then everyone wakes up to discover that they'd all dreamed the same crazy dream... or something like that.

Oh, and I have a question: What da heck is a 'council house'??

Here in Canada, as a rule we don't much believe in ghosts and the like.

But I do have a story that is, unfortunately true, and haunts me every time I think of it.

I was a kid at the time, probably 17 or 18, and lived on a fairly high floor of an apartment building. For some reason that night, I was having trouble sleeping... and I was playing around with a pair of binoculars I had. I was looking out my window, trying to see what I could see.

Now I lived on a main arterial road, and my window overlooked an old church building on the other side of the street, and a community of houses on small streets in behind that.

There was a spooky walkway cut between two houses by city planners who rightly thought that people who needed to walk or take transit to where they were going, would appreciate a quicker way out of the subdivision. Of course, the houses on either side of that didn't really care for that walkway, because it was a 'draw' for unscrupulous sorts, and the wrong kind of thrill-seekers. (It had a reputation for people making out in it, when their parents were sure to not approve, and drug deals, and so on.) So those homeowners made things a bit worse, by growing the highest legally permissable height of hedge on either side of it. No lights on the walkway ensured that it would always be spooky at night.

So here I am, scanning my binoculars along various parts of the ground, and I'd tried to follow that shortcut, and thought I saw movement. Several times, I thought I saw movement, and initially I thought I'd go downstairs to have a look, promising myself I'd take a big flashlight and just go behind the church building where the walkway ended, and peek down it, rather than actually go in. But I kept looking, seeing more of what I thought was 'movement', and I was too scared to go do it.

The next day, the leading news story of the day was that a serial rapist had struck again, dragging his victim from a small street into a walkway between two houses... the very same walkway I mentioned above, and giving a time frame of exactly when I was looking out my window.

For years, I have been angry at myself for that day. I know it's not my fault... but two of that @sshole's future victims he cut up into pieces, and I still think how if I had not been a coward, two beautiful girls would still be alive today, and have families, and a few more (8 or so), would never have had the horrible trauma that comes from having someone force themselves on you......

I also think of the chances that I'd be looking there. I almost never played with those binoculars. I rarely ever had trouble sleeping. And I wasn't in the habit of looking out my window during the night. What are the chances that I'd be doing all three things at once, and that I may have witnessed one of the major crimes of my time, unknowingly?! Was this a 'fate' that I'd just made go awry? This bothers me like no-one could possibly understand.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ℱIRE

Messages In This Thread
Creepy Pasta I found - Sacrifice - 05-03-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Creepy Pasta I found - Doigt - 05-03-2016, 10:04 PM