Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should the 'rep' system be removed?
(03-03-2017, 02:15 PM)Nuggz Wrote: In your opinion should the whole rep system be removed?

There's been a lot of discussion on this recently and I'd like to see what you guys think. This is an anonymous poll.

I believe that the 'reputation' system continues to have some merit -- it allows anyone to make a statement about other people, and give their honest opinion of people.

I can agree that it shouldn't be used to fight others, however, some "negative opinions" are inevitable.

I also agree that there should never be "deals" made revolving around reputations (ie: I'll give you a +1 if you give me a +1).

In the end, I believe that the collective value applied to you, really should only matter to you, and be some sort of a 'sign' whether people think you're a worthy contributor, or something else. If the number starts dropping, probably it's time for some self-reflection.

But it only works as long as people use it as it's intended -- to give honest opinions. So in the end, the collective usefulness of it, is up to us as individuals. Clearly, misuse is possible, but in the end, if you misuse it, that is left for the world to see, and again, I think it will only come back to haunt you in the end.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • cuntnugg3t , JUMBO_BLOB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the 'rep' system be removed? - Squirrel - 03-03-2017, 03:47 PM