Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New game mode: /feed/
Yes, as some of you may have noticed we've a new game mode called 'Virus Feed' or /feed/ for short Smile

So, what's new? 

1. Maximum splits is: 8
  2. Rank 1 is ALWAYS OP (Over Powered) weather they're a 'noob' or a great player (let's hope for the former, eh? Wink )
  3. The biggest change of all, you shoot viruses! (Yes you heard right, viruses) you can shoot little 1 mass viruses at other players, but be careful. They can shoot you too.
  4. Max mass per cell is 25k, this means a total of 200k (250000*8). If a piece of mass, say 10k merges into a cell with 25k mass, you will loose the 10k...
So, how does this effect game mechanics? well for a start, rank 1 is OP because they can split 8 times (max split) and be immune to the virus shooting. This means you'll need to think of other ways to take down the big-guys. (note, this is only really true when rank 1 is big enough that all 8 of there cells are bigger than you, or around that size...)

So yes, for solo players this sounds like a dream server, right? Right! I've tested that theory: http://prntscr.com/9tvdvg
But that doesn't mean those of you that like to team don't have options, of course you do... Here's a method I just thought up, get some mass together so you have one cell bigger than 1 of the 8 that rank 1 has... gather a little more, split that one cell until all but 1 smaller cell merges back, (the one bigger cell should *still* be bigger than 1 of the 8 owned by rank 1). this is where we go into attack, rank 1 will attempt to shoot you, so it is crucial your team-mate keeps spamming the smaller cell you have, that way you'll have 1 big cell and 7 small ones (don't miss teammate!) this then means that whilst rank 1 tries and tries to shoot you, you can gobble him up. Smile

So all in all some minor changes with big impact on the server.

Myths:
  1. (you can't feed each other) / (rank 1 can't give away his mass). Of course you can! you just need to target your own little cells so they can eat them, as you start to merge, place a shot (w) in front of a smaller cell, that one will burst leaving 2 smaller ones, repeat until your teammate or greedy git player is happy and full. Smile
  2. Rank 1 is unbeatable. Rubbish, I just showed you a way, and I beat rank 1 myself... it's doable and rather fun.
  3. Rank 1 is a great player, Na, they might have just got lucky, you just need to use your noggin to work out the new game mechanics to take 'em down Wink
Don't forget, this game-mode is very new and subject to future changes/implementation, so test it daily to see what's changed Big Grin

Happy shooting!

Tip: Splitting in 8 pieces will also allow them to feed you, with the viruses! Yes, clicking w/q will work as normal if the recipient is in 8 pieces.
-LKD70
[-] The following 3 users Like LKD70 's post:
  • Sinister , Sora, Voakie
Thanks for putting all of the information that is needed for the average player in this post, along with some myths. Thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sinister 's post:
  • LKD70
(01-23-2016, 08:34 PM)LKD70 Wrote: Myths:
  1. (you can't feed each other) / (rank 1 can't give away his mass). Of course you can! you just need to target your own little cells so they can eat them, as you start to merge, place a shot (w) in front of a smaller cell, that one will burst leaving 2 smaller ones, repeat until your teammate or greedy git player is happy and full. Smile
  2. Rank 1 is unbeatable. Rubbish, I just showed you a way, and I beat rank 1 myself... it's doable and rather fun.
  3. Rank 1 is a great player, Na, they might have just got lucky, you just need to use your noggin to work out the new game mechanics to take 'em down Wink
Why can I perfectly fit these into my last gameplay?
[Image: Voakie.png]
Voakie, I was spectating your last gameplay, seems you got a little bigheaded. My advise would be to pipe down and just play the game or you might find yourself unranked (dead) because you annoyed someone
-LKD70
Don't forget all, if you're not split into 8 pieces, don't bother trying to take someone on unless they're smaller or really bad at the game.
-LKD70
Lol, I was pretending that, I even said that at the end Tongue
Sorry for any inconvencies
I had a quick play yesterday, and it seemed fun, though I need a bit of getting used to it.

One thing though: Is it just me or does the map view seem smaller than in the normal game mode? I find myself seemingly zoomed in (though I'm not) and this really hinders me while playing.
(01-25-2016, 11:43 AM)NesGee Wrote: I had a quick play yesterday, and it seemed fun, though I need a bit of getting used to it.

One thing though: Is it just me or does the map view seem smaller than in the normal game mode? I find myself seemingly zoomed in (though I'm not) and this
really hinders me while playing.
Never experienced that, maybe because you are wearing glasses? Big Grin
When I wear mine (what I never do (even if the glasses were quite expensive)) I can't play Agar.io without getting fuzzy
The virus feed server is not yet "official" in terms of chosing it for permanent stay. We're just testing it and seeing whether it could be a cool server. That's why the "Virus feed" button on the main menu is kinda hidden. It's all temporary right now, until we get the new updates up.

NesGee, it shouldn't be too zoomed in. Are you using an updated browser?
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
(01-25-2016, 11:49 AM)Voakie Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 11:43 AM)NesGee Wrote: I had a quick play yesterday, and it seemed fun, though I need a bit of getting used to it.

One thing though: Is it just me or does the map view seem smaller than in the normal game mode? I find myself seemingly zoomed in (though I'm not) and this
really hinders me while playing.
Never experienced that, maybe because you are wearing glasses? Big Grin
When I wear mine (what I never do (even if the glasses were quite expensive)) I can't play Agar.io without getting fuzzy

Haha, I do have glasses (have them for over 8 years now) and they haven't caused any problems when playing a game. Besides, I usually take of my glasses if I'm busy with something that doesn't require me to look far away, like reading or doing whatever on the computer.