Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing AGF
News flash: It's a solo server....not for teaming. Party invite is for chat. When mods are there they will freeze u (or eat u lol) ...
[Image: Lightsig.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Light*'s post:
  • Démone, fisa, ihami, Redfox
Exactly. The position of party members should not be displayed on the minimap, that’s all.
[-] The following 3 users Like Redfox's post:
  • fisa, ihami, Light*
Freedom of choice within the server is important.

There are many types of play styles, but if we were to simplify them to three main groups.  It would be..

1. Solo
  2. Partial Teaming
  3. Full on Teaming

Coming up on almost four years of playing AGF.  It seems most players settle on the play style of Partial Teaming.

This is for good reason.  It protects friend groups from greedy players and/or players or groups that oppose the economy of mass to have fun and play with.

Also as one progresses in skill, they will find most other players may not be as experienced so it is more fun to play with those players rather than repeatedly eat them.  Once someone goes easy on someone it builds sense of community and friendship, building on the natural instinct to pick favorites, and ones natural sense to reside within the play style of partial teaming.

Having acknowledged my and many others play style of interest, a loss of integrity came over me…. I did not want to continue the style of partial teaming within the confines of a solo server.  It felt as if I was walking outside of truth, acting like I am solo, when I am clearly not.

Solo playing can only exist in moments.  Sooner or later, a fan, a random teamer, a targeter, a group of known teamers, or maybe a longtime friend will come by and disrupt the truth of fair solo play.  Once this happens there is absolutely no fair way to reset the mass and starting locations of players.  Either the “solo” player who got helped takes the help, eats the opponent, and is a massive jerk or the “solo” player backs off and partial teams with the opponent.  Either way, no matter what though, its a huge disruption in game play with no fair way to continue the match under the confines of true solo play.

This is so prevalent in the server, trying to play true solo in the server just means constantly getting teamed on and taken advantage of by all ranks and categories of players.  Experienced players are well aware of what they can get away with.  New players are happily full on random teaming and regular teaming.  Many solo players trying their best to stay solo, are totally unaware of the constant help they get from fans and friends and they team more than most are aware of.

Playing solo just means one sided teaming to no end.  The only way to last in the server is to accept playing within partial teaming or full on teaming.

Acknowledging this is a total loss of integrity continuing on as long as the server is considered a solo server.  This is something I cannot tolerate, and I will not be playing AGF any longer until it is resolved.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mindless's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, fisa, Sora
I wrote this out explaining why I was going to quit and realized I had the option to just not care anymore.  That is when I decided I would allow myself to play again.  I'm willing to come back as a teamer and prove to you all that everyone else is a teamer and there is no such thing as solo play in agma unless you want to play like a robot without emotions and play the same strategy regardless of anyone targeting you or teaming on you over and over again.  

AGF is a pro level server mechanics, but it is not fun to be pro in it.

In my opinion, one of the first steps into becoming a true agma pro is the realization that there is no point to play to win.  A solo server sort of points to playing to win, yet anyone still trying to win in Agma is just a noob.  Agma is for consistent, high-level stimulus.  The only way to receive that regularly is to allow teaming into the server.  In down time a pro needs to be able to split run with friends and during peak hours there should be enough players to combat teamers.

The server should be open to all play styles not just one.  The server will be fake, controlled by players teaming in sneaky ways, and lack realness until it is open to the potential of teaming.   Above all, AGF will never reach its full potential until it is open to all play styles and lets the player have ease of mind to make any play without second guessing if someone else will consider it teaming or not or make them choose to not care.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mindless's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(02-22-2021, 02:01 AM)Redfox Wrote: A solo server makes sense to solo players. If you aren’t a solo player then  a solo server doesn’t make sense to you, correct. The beauty of agf only shines in solo play. If you team it’s just another teaming server. And we have hundreds of them (in Agma and other games).

EXACTLY

(04-18-2021, 09:33 PM)Mindless Wrote: I wrote this out explaining why I was going to quit and realized I had the option to just not care anymore.  That is when I decided I would allow myself to play again.  I'm willing to come back as a teamer and prove to you all that everyone else is a teamer and there is no such thing as solo play in agma unless you want to play like a robot without emotions and play the same strategy regardless of anyone targeting you or teaming on you over and over again.  

AGF is a pro level server mechanics, but it is not fun to be pro in it.

In my opinion, one of the first steps into becoming a true agma pro is the realization that there is no point to play to win.  A solo server sort of points to playing to win, yet anyone still trying to win in Agma is just a noob.  Agma is for consistent, high-level stimulus.  The only way to receive that regularly is to allow teaming into the server.  In down time a pro needs to be able to split run with friends and during peak hours there should be enough players to combat teamers.

The server should be open to all play styles not just one.  The server will be fake, controlled by players teaming in sneaky ways, and lack realness until it is open to the potential of teaming.   Above all, AGF will never reach its full potential until it is open to all play styles and lets the player have ease of mind to make any play without second guessing if someone else will consider it teaming or not or make them choose to not care.

Mindless, I don't see any other way to put it other than that you're just flat out wrong. There's only a few servers that ban teaming, so those servers should be kept that way. I hate teamers because they always ruin the fun for you, but when you team it makes it more fun. But teaming shouldn't be allowed everywhere, because then it's just a bunch of noobs who have barely any idea what they're doing that take over the server. Demone makes a good point about you being a little over the top and targeting. I thought that you were just angry about teaming on agf, but now it's just gone too far.
I can agree. Moderator system don't working right. A lot of players was banned because mod just can ban them. I got banned for 24 hours, i dont know for what and by who. This moderators system ruin the gameplay. I know moderators trying do good job but if there is one moderator who banning people without reason so this system cant work good. And players should know for what reason they banned, who banned they, for what they can be banned. Because now moderators can ban You because they just want. And all is good. Moderator don't got demoted even if You gave screenhots and proofs to Sora. Sora don't responding to these messages anymore, or very rarely. The whole system is working very bad. I don't wondered about players who leave this game. Just unplayable, one moderator can ban You even if You dont playing. Thats happened to me because im now banned when i was sleeping. I was trying to login and i see: You got banned for 24 hours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dapulutay2021's post:
  • Mindless
Fixing Solo Agf is quite easy:
1. Close Solo Agf, its broken by any means
2. Open a copy of Solo Agf with teaming (still borken but those who dont care or dont understand and/or want teamign would be satisfied)
3. Make a 1on1 server with Solo Agf mechanis. Ofc. remove the irrelevant parts such as secret rooms, powerup spawning, ... 1on1 server = There can only play 2 palyers at a time. If that's bad because other palyers would need to spectate and wait, divide the map in a couple of independet rooms so that multiple 1on1s can happen at a time.

Theoretically that's a great solution, i dont know though if it woulkd work in reality.