Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CMD] HOW TO CREATE LOTS OF FOLDERS QUICKLY!
Need to make 1000+ Folders really quick for a project or simply just wanna play a prank on your friend? Well here's how to do it using a .bat file!! 

Step 1. Open up notepad 

Step 2. Add the following code 

Code:
@echo off
CD Your location here
:1
mkdir %random%%random%
goto :1  

* You only need to add CD "Location here" if you want the script to make the folders in a different directory to where the .bat file is saved! * 

Step 3. Press "Save As" and find a location for your code, now give it a name and add the end of the name add ".bat" 

Step 4. Run the application! This creates lots of folders in short time, here's what It did to me after 5-10 seconds 

Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
(12-22-2017, 02:15 AM)Owl Wrote: Need to make 1000+ Folders really quick for a project or simply just wanna play a prank on your friend? Well here's how to do it using a .bat file!! 

Step 1. Open up notepad 

Step 2. Add the following code 

Code:
@echo off
CD Your location here
mkdir %random%%random%
goto :1  

* You only need to add CD "Location here" if you want the script to make the folders in a different directory to where the .bat file is saved! * 

Step 3. Press "Save As" and find a location for your code, now give it a name and add the end of the name add ".bat" 

Step 4. Run the application! This creates lots of folders in short time, here's what It did to me after 5-10 seconds 

Ouch!!

You're just like the dude who told Unix people the 'rm -r' command! Wink

LOL... It could be a prank... but for the love oif decency, use recursion instead, and give it a way to exit! Wink

I'm pretty sure that bad things happen if you create so many folders that your FAT table runs out of space to use and your computer will no longer be able to do some pretty simple requests until it's undone. Wink.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
This must be an introduction to endless loops.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
This thread reminded me of this joke I saw a few years ago: [Image: TQOORAb.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Doigt's post:
  • Sora, YEET
Code:
for(int i = 0; i < x; i++) // Loop x times
    File.CreateText(
        AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + String.Format("{0}.txt", i), // Where to place the file and under what name
        "Hi"); // The text to place into the file

Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trinity's post:
  • Owl
(01-23-2018, 06:57 PM)Trinity Wrote:
Code:
for(int i = 0; i < x; i++) // Loop x times
   File.CreateText(
       AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + String.Format("{0}.txt", i), // Where to place the file and under what name
       "Hi"); // The text to place into the file

Wink

Nice Coding Keep It Up!
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]