Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
How to: Feedback!
Hey,

I saw this on many websites, and thought this would be a nice improvement! You see it everywhere on Reddit, StackOverflow and more.
This is what it is about:
If you like a Thread or Post, especially when you like a Thread, would it make sense to reply to the Thread saying: "I like this!"/"Good work!" or would it make even more sense to use this handy button:
[Image: HbDxCVO.png]

But Voaksersa, whyyy?
Simple: The Thread won't be spammed with "like" posts, and that will contribute to the main discussion!

WHAT I AM NOT SAYING IS:
You shouldn't contribute anymore - You should! At least if you have something to contribute! For example you can say:
Quote:Nice post! (Don't end it there)
I was wondering if that could be solved [...] and if [...]

or

Definitly looking forward to that (Don't stop there, this is what the like button also is for)
Though I would prefer the design to be a little less flat, with a few more colors!

So if you actually leave constructive feedback, a "thank you" is of course allowed!

Short:

Don't...
  • ...only say "Thank you" or anything else covering this up
Instead...
  • Use the like button, or...
  • ...contribute to the post by giving constructive feedback! (Then you also can say "thanks" in that post)
What constructive feedback means:
This is the kind of Feedback everybody (should) love! You can really get something out of it, to improove your creation, or whatever it is.

Please don't get me wong, I know it could be seen as something bad, as it puts the love out of everything. But if we get this to work out nice, then likes would earn much better reputation, and it would be just as good! For example, anybody can see the like count for your account, but nobody can see how often people said "Thanks" in one of your threads.

Not meant to boost anybody, it would just give a lot cleaner experience, with nice discussions and easy to find constructive feedback. 
Because this is the most important contribution to a Thread, Discussion, Video, Rant:
Constructive Feedback!

Thee are not rules or anything, just a few ideas (1 to be excact).
If you like this idea, make sure you use it right away.

Thanks for reading this *ss long text,
~Voakie Heart
[Image: Voakie.png]
Thanks for posting this detailed thread and giving insight to new and old members how to become a better forumer. We can all, at any time, improve anything.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 5 users Like Sora's post:
  • CantREKTMe , fisa, JruGo, JUMBO_BLOB, Voakie
@Voakie  

Thank you for making a detailed, yet straightforward post on how members should give feedback. Big Grin

Not a lot of people know how to give feedback correctly, most people rarely click the like button Dodgy , and sometimes also post dull two-word comments like "Good luck!" or "Nice post!".

Also i'm a big fan of using different colors and trying out new fonts!!

Hopefully this thread helps people construct better quality posts/replies.

lol just a day ago I made a post on my new signature called: Who likes my new signature? 

http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2573

I ended up with 2 likes  Wink
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • fisa, JUMBO_BLOB, Voakie
Or how I do give feedback : Press W Cool

Ok seriously, this thread is perfect for all members, well done!
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikasa's post:
  • Voakie
(04-22-2016, 05:57 AM)[N๏ ᒪᎥƒe] ✨101✨ Wrote: @Voakie  

Thank you for making a detailed, yet straightforward post on how members should give feedback. Big Grin

Not a lot of people know how to give feedback correctly, most people rarely click the like button Dodgy , and sometimes also post dull two-word comments like "Good luck!" or "Nice post!".

Also i'm a big fan of using different colors and trying out new fonts!!

Hopefully this thread helps people construct better quality posts/replies.

lol just a day ago I made a post on my new signature called: Who likes my new signature? 

http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2573

I ended up with 2 likes  Wink

I thought it would be more pleasing to the eye if everything would follow a very light formatting.
But I'll color the headings now Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • ✨101✨
(04-21-2016, 05:01 PM)Voakie Wrote: If you like a Thread or Post, especially when you like a Thread, would it make sense to reply to the Thread saying: "I like this!"/"Good work!" or would it make even more sense to use this handy button:

Well said, goat-with-the-uhhh-hat!

But here's another aspect to "likes" you maybe haven't considered. I apologize in advance, and you'll see why. :|

When I noted the documented likes given/received available in our profiles, I thought that was brilliant! In trying to "manage" the social-trauma I cause to myself, I was very interested to see who'd "liked" my posts.

But there's a flip side...... (I donnn't think it's always valid, but you can see how this thought process matured...) I started looking at the profiles of people who'd given a like. In the ones that had been liked tons, and given out few likes, that was more shocking and what I considered valuable.... whereas some who'd given many more likes than they'd received, it was more... muted. :|

I think the mistake is mine, in this case, because the way you've shown it, is far more valuable, but the human mind is an amazing thing, and this is just an example of how differently we can all process things.

I should end with this thought that's been used through time, and considered wise.

"It's better to give than to receive." Smile

~~Full-disclose Mode~~ I just re-read my post, as I often do, (and then 'Edit' to clean up grammar/etc). And I thought, "Nice going, dude! You just managed to find a negative aspect to absolutely everyone! HAH! How do you always "manage" that?!"
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-22-2016, 10:48 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 05:01 PM)Voakie Wrote: If you like a Thread or Post, especially when you like a Thread, would it make sense to reply to the Thread saying: "I like this!"/"Good work!" or would it make even more sense to use this handy button:

Well said, goat-with-the-uhhh-hat!

But here's another aspect to "likes" you maybe haven't considered. I apologize in advance, and you'll see why. :|

When I noted the documented likes given/received available in our profiles, I thought that was brilliant! In trying to "manage" the social-trauma I cause to myself, I was very interested to see who'd "liked" my posts.

But there's a flip side...... (I donnn't think it's always valid, but you can see how this thought process matured...) I started looking at the profiles of people who'd given a like. In the ones that had been liked tons, and given out few likes, that was more shocking and what I considered valuable.... whereas some who'd given many more likes than they'd received, it was more... muted. :|

I think the mistake is mine, in this case, because the way you've shown it, is far more valuable, but the human mind is an amazing thing, and this is just an example of how differently we can all process things.

I should end with this thought that's been used through time, and considered wise.

"It's better to give than to receive." Smile

~~Full-disclose Mode~~ I just re-read my post, as I often do, (and then 'Edit' to clean up grammar/etc). And I thought, "Nice going, dude! You just managed to find a negative aspect to absolutely everyone! HAH! How do you always "manage" that?!"

[Image: 5onepUM.png]
Totally fine with your post Big Grin
Anybody able to beat my 93? Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
(04-22-2016, 04:01 PM)Voakie Wrote: Totally fine with your post Big Grin

Tread lightly, like a mountain goat! Wink Should you make them into a contest, their worth could be seriously undermined!

But honestly, you reminded me that this was a good way at showing simple agreement.

And to anyone thinking of making it into a contest... remember that what you stand up for and 'like' reflects on you too. Let it not reflect poorly! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit, Voakie
(04-22-2016, 04:01 PM)Voakie Wrote: [Image: 5onepUM.png]
[Image: 9809508dde6b462284a0b1ecc311001e.png]
only by a couple. Wink
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-06-2016, 12:44 AM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 04:01 PM)Voakie Wrote: [Image: 5onepUM.png]
[Image: 9809508dde6b462284a0b1ecc311001e.png]
only by a couple. Wink
I'm not even close to that lol.
[Image: Robin.png]
@Voakie
Almost there...ALMOST THERE!!! Tongue
[Image: 1MUNokK.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Voakie , ™ Chronic
I think this is a very good idea, I joined a couple months ago and I never thought about this. Now I wont just say "This is a good idea" Thanks goat &1t
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheKingBee's post:
  • Voakie
thank you
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sinister 's post:
  • ✨101✨
(06-25-2016, 01:02 AM)Sinister Wrote: thank you

OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK!!!

(06-25-2016, 01:35 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:

OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK!!!

lol just realized we pretty much have the same tittle under our usernames (positive vibes) xD

OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK!!!

OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK!!!

lol just realized we pretty much have the same tittle under our usernames (positive vibes) xD

The same tittle? xD That sounds violent imo