Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Member of the Week?
I think that every week a specific poster should be selected for their contributions to the forum as "Member of the Week!" and their username is displayed on the homepage for the given week, under a banner that says "This weeks Member of the Week is:".

You could also give them a special name colour for that week, just to show that they are the member of the week. You also can't be member of the week twice in a row, unless an exception is given by @Sora.

I don't know who should choose, whether the forum votes, or @Sora and his legion of mods gets to decide, but I think it's a pretty cool idea.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 6 users Like Eden's post:
  • Horizon, Reaction , Sora, Voakie , ŦємƤσ, ™ Chronic
(11-16-2016, 05:32 AM)d-_-b Wrote: I think that every week a specific poster should be selected for their contributions to the forum as "Member of the Week!" and their username is displayed on the homepage for the given week, under a banner that says "This weeks Member of the Week is:".

You could also give them a special name colour for that week, just to show that they are the member of the week. You also can't be member of the week twice in a row, unless an exception is given by @Sora.

I don't know who should choose, whether the forum votes, or @Sora and his legion of mods gets to decide, but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

That's a good idea. Some people already have colored names which are earned by contributions to the forum. But  others who don't have a colored names still contribute.
Bullies have personal issues.
It's a neat idea. I don't deny it, but I do like the colored names... it shows that you're active in the community and help out, but the MoTW (Member of the week) sounds cool like I said. So we will see I guess.
[Image: narej.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Narej's post:
  • Eden
That was my idea before. I talked with Sora and when the news soon somewhere comes, then we will have the final decision to make it or not.

So the idea is that people on Monday sign up for the member of the week(max 15) and then if you get approved, you are in the votes. Then the staff or the members that are good here  can vote( this will prevent creating new accounts and voting for yourself) and then on Wed or Thursday the winner will be announced! They will get an award and a rep from Sora. Also the member of the week will be put on the main page in a top right box.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like Reaction 's post:
  • Eden, ™ Chronic
(11-16-2016, 09:13 PM)REACTION Wrote: That was my idea before. I talked with Sora and when the news soon somewhere comes, then we will have the final decision to make it or not.

So the idea is that people on Monday sign up for the member of the week(max 15) and then if you get approved, you are in the votes. Then the staff or the members that are good here  can vote( this will prevent creating new accounts and voting for yourself) and then on Wed or Thursday the winner will be announced! They will get an award and a rep from Sora. Also the member of the week will be put on the main page in a top right box.

I agree, as that way, everyone gets noticed, even the newest members. 
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

[-] The following 3 users Like CantREKTMe 's post:
  • Eden, Reaction , ™ Chronic
(11-16-2016, 01:20 PM)TM Soloist Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 05:32 AM)d-_-b Wrote: I think that every week a specific poster should be selected for their contributions to the forum as "Member of the Week!" and their username is displayed on the homepage for the given week, under a banner that says "This weeks Member of the Week is:".

That's a good idea. Some people already have colored names which are earned by contributions to the forum. But  others who don't have a colored names still contribute.

I already know that some people have coloured names (like, maybe, me @"d-_-b"), but I was just thinking that they could get a different, special colour for being member of the week (Like maybe, rainbow colour?).

(11-16-2016, 09:21 PM)CantREKTMe Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 09:13 PM)REACTION Wrote: That was my idea before. I talked with Sora and when the news soon somewhere comes, then we will have the final decision to make it or not.

I agree, as that way, everyone gets noticed, even the newest members. 

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eden's post:
  • Reaction
Yeah... I like that idea... especially because I will win xD jk Wink
xXTemPoXx
#ILIKEANIMALS
[Image: jaguar-animal-cubs-wallpaper-4.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ŦємƤσ's post:
  • Eden

I don't agree. Signing up for member of the week is not what the purpose of this should be. If we were signing up to it, then it would end up being a "do you like him more than me" contest. My suggestion is a thread every sunday from one of the staff, "This weeks best member", and in there anybody can nominate anybody with links to mention threads and an explanation why you think he was the best out of all. Voted will be using either Likes or the staff will decide between one of those.

Special name color sounds interesting, I'm up for it.
[Image: Voakie.png]
(11-17-2016, 02:59 PM)Voakie Wrote:

I don't agree. Signing up for member of the week is not what the purpose of this should be. If we were signing up to it, then it would end up being a "do you like him more than me" contest. My suggestion is a thread every sunday from one of the staff, "This weeks best member", and in there anybody can nominate anybody with links to mention threads and an explanation why you think he was the best out of all. Voted will be using either Likes or the staff will decide between one of those.

We can have a thing that when you go on someone's profile, it says Nominate me for Member of the Week. If you press that button at someone's profile, that person will be in voting.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

(11-17-2016, 03:42 PM)REACTION Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 02:59 PM)Voakie Wrote:

We can have a thing that when you go on someone's profile, it says Nominate me for Member of the Week. If you press that button at someone's profile, that person will be in voting.

Good idea, though way too easy to spam...
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
I think ...

- its to much effort for such a "nomination"
- its to much effort for that "honor"

... and, ok, we do it, and then ?

Many or some were Member of the Week !?

Are we not all members of the "week" ?

We have already a system, which reward you as member.

I think we dont need one more.

Just my thinking. Sorry if I maybe killed the enthusiasm behind that idea. But as I learned to know d-_-b, he is a lil, dont know the correct word for it, but I try to explain ...

I found a post from him where he replied 3 months later to an old thread. Ok can happen, but next day he did it again.

Angel
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
Star 
(11-17-2016, 07:11 PM)Supergirl Wrote: I think ...

Just my thinking. Sorry if I maybe killed the enthusiasm behind that idea. But as I learned to know d-_-b, he is a lil, dont know the correct word for it, but I try to explain ...

I found a post from him where he replied 3 months later to an old thread. Ok can happen, but next day he did it again.

Angel

First of all, where did I do it again?

Second of all, ouch.

Third of all, you don't know anything about me at all. You can't see what is going on in my life. You don't have a clue about my life and why I might be making these mistakes.

And if there is one thing I have learnt in life, it's that you shouldn't be quick to judge other people.
(11-17-2016, 10:40 PM)d-_-b Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 07:11 PM)Supergirl Wrote: I think ...

Angel

First of all, where did I do it again?

Second of all, ouch. I mean, really ouch.

Third of all, you don't know anything about me at all. You can't see what is going on in my life. You don't have a clue about my life and why I might be making these mistakes.

And if there is one thing I have learnt in life, it's that you shouldn't be quick to judge other people.

1 ... here : last post before you "reactivated" it was 08-21-2016
(and that after I told you that it isnt a good thing to reactivate such old threads when you did it first time - a day before)

2 ... dont be a drama-queen

3 ... I do NOT judge you as a person, if you are a good or bad, a smart or not, a tall or small person, no no no, I only see what you are doing and some things are weird - as I mentioned

so my ...

4 ... is, often less is more  Exclamation

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
1. if you read the post on XC's I'm leaving thread it says that I notice that the thread is dead, but I don't care, I just want to say goodbye, because there is a small possibility that he may come back and read that thread to see the goodbye notes.

2. I'm sorry for overreacting, I just hate it when people call me a weirdo.

3. I don't get what you mean with your '4... less is often more'...

4. Also, just because you think I am weird, doesn't mean I can't have good ideas. Lots of people like the idea of member of the week, and so far it seems you are the only one opposing it...

I like this idea, as anyone has the chance of becoming MoTW, even a person who normally would be overlooked!
~Hori