Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Member of the Week?
Come on boys ... I didn't think that you are that young ...

- Member of the Year
- Member of the Month
- Member of the Week
- Member of the Day
- Member of the Hour
- Member of the Minute
- Member of the Second

... and then ?

Did you think about how much effort it would be to have every week a new "Member of the Week" ?
Tip: a year have 52 weeks =
- nominate
- vote
- announcement
- make it recognizable
... that all 52 times a year !

And as said before :
WE have already a member "reward" system  Exclamation

Tongue
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
Why do you oppose this so much @Supergirl ?

It isn't actually a bad idea.

Sora could easily code it into the site to have a reoccurring voting system for each week (I know that I almost could). If you don't know what that means, a reoccurring voting system means that the site will not only automatically restart the vote count each week, but also count the votes, and automatically congratulate the winner with a special name colour and/or whatever prize @Sora chooses.

So to answer your question, yes, I did"think about how much effort it would be to have every week a new "Member of the Week" ?" . And I conclude that the answer is:
Not much effort at all. Just a little bit of code.

So, I don't see your point.

Of course we aren't going to have "Member of the second" as you say, or even a "member of the day".

I believe that member of the week is a good idea so that people who aren't usually given much recognition, can be recognised as important members of the community. I understand if you don't like this idea purely because you have worked hard to get the recognition that you have (Six Stars, good job Tongue) and you feel that it would be unfair if others could short-cut to the top.

You also keep mentioning that we have a member reward system, and I can somewhat see your point. But the issue is that the reward system doesn't get you recognised by the community as a helpful member (in fact, you could get all the way to five stars just by spamming, so that clearly is not going to get you seen as helpful in the eyes of the community at all.) Tongue

You know what? I just had an idea. Why don't we make a poll to see what everyone else thinks?
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
Hi Drama Queen  Exclamation

Big Grin

Please learn to accept other opinions  Exclamation
(also if you do not like that opinion)

And you see ... an answer can be short and also with the thing you want to say !

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(11-19-2016, 12:08 AM)Supergirl Wrote: Hi Drama Queen  Exclamation

Big Grin

Please learn to accept other opinions  Exclamation
(also if you do not like that opinion)

And you see ... an answer can be short and also with the thing you want to say !

Wink

I can accept your opinion.
It's just that I like to debate about things. Tongue
I'm sorry if you don't like debating.

And yes I do see. But sometimes you do need to say a long post to get your whole point across.

Big Grin
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
(11-16-2016, 05:32 AM)d-_-b Wrote: I think that every week a specific poster should be selected for their contributions to the forum as "Member of the Week!" and their username is displayed on the homepage for the given week, under a banner that says "This weeks Member of the Week is:".

You could also give them a special name colour for that week, just to show that they are the member of the week. You also can't be member of the week twice in a row, unless an exception is given by @Sora.

I don't know who should choose, whether the forum votes, or @Sora and his legion of mods gets to decide, but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

This is a really good idea  Tongue  I think that it would be great for the forum to have member of the week because new members or members with a low status that have been making very good points and being kind should get recognised and make them feel like more of a part in the community Smile  
xXTemPoXx
#ILIKEANIMALS
[Image: jaguar-animal-cubs-wallpaper-4.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ŦємƤσ's post:
  • Eden