Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRUMP WINS 2016 ELECTION
(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 09:21 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 08:43 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: if you support trump you are either a retard or a racist

I guess I'm a retard or a racist then. Would you like to pick which one?? Because I can't figure it out.

This is exactly the sort of stuff that you should not do, when debating.

I could call you names too, but that won't change your mind that maybe there's other ways to look at Trump, rather than you have.

I will do lots for women. I enjoy watching women play sports more than men -- because the gals mostly never get paid. (At best, for Olympians, there is the possibility for product endorsements and commercials, and so on.)

And I loath what has come out about Trump, and the way he debases women. (Or did in the past. He says he's changing. I guess we may be able to see, over the next 4 years.)

And yet, he's still a far cry better than someone we know to be corrupt, in Clinton.

Trump repeatedly said things during his campaign, that seemed akin to political suicide -- like complaining about Mexicans, telling everyone that he would build a wall, and then somehow make Mexico pay to build it.

No Mexican government in their right mind would offer to do that. (And they have no money to begin with. Trump knows that.)

But he said it anyway.

If you want to just pointlessly argue about politics, because you're unwavering, set in your own opinion, never mind anyone else, then fine. But when you insult people through generalizations, you only end up making yourself look bad.

I was more hoping for a bit of debate...

I think it's so important for everyone to be concerned about politics.

Politics encompasses the largest set of factors that will have a direct affect on your life. And, lest you forget, the whole idea of democracy depends on citizens making informed choices of whom they wish to make decisions for their nation.

So don't tell me I'm a retard, or racist. Explain WHY you think Trump is such a poor choice that it makes you discount the intellectual ability of someone who admits they would have voted for him.

Sorry if I offended you @Squirrel I didn't mean to call anyone out in specific, I was referring to the majority of his supporters, and if you support him since you dislike Hillary, you could have voted for any of the other candidates or simply not voted at all.

Reasons why he will make a terrible president (not in a specific order)

#1 He is racist & sexist
I don't need to explain this.

#2 He talks like a third-grader
Donald Trump speaks with a third-grade literacy level. That’s not a cheap insult… it’s a scientific fact. Most presidents in the 20th and 21st centuries have spoken, on average, with a 9th grade to 12th grade comprehension level. George H.W. Bush holds the record-low from a speech on January 28th of 1992, with a score of 7.2. It’s a good thing for presidents to use language most Americans can comprehend, but third grade? Trump would be running a country, not a game of Pokémon. Also he’s not intelligent enough. Trump did attend the Wharton School and went to Penn, so he’s not uneducated. However, when it comes to knowledge outside of business (which has still failed him more than once), he’s really painfully lacking. He knows nothing of science or mathematics and thus doesn’t lend any credence to stem cell research and other scientific advancements. With the way his mind works, he would simply re-inflate the housing bubble and hope that it held this time.

#3 He never really explains how he’s going to do anything (besides building a wall)
He has spoken out repeatedly against affordable health care for American citizens who are poor.He he wants to get rid of Obamacare, but what will he replace it with? “Something Terrific,” he claims. No plans, no ideas, no comprehensive walk through of what he dislikes about Obamacare or what, if anything, could be salvaged from the historic legislation… he just wants to get rid of it and replace it.  

He did release a “plan” on illegal immigration, if you want to call it that, consisting of just two words: mass deportation. Not the most brilliant thinker around.

#4 He has no experience
How would Trump negotiate with Congress to see his agenda pushed forward? How would he work with both parties to get things done? You can’t just walk into the room and make arrogant demands. That’s not how it works. At least we now  know that Kanye 2022 can be a thing.

#5 He doesn’t care if you disagree with him
Probably the most frightening thing about Trump is that he considers himself to be 100% correct about everything that crosses his mind, with no wiggle-room for constructive debate. He lives in a head space of absolutes, where everything is exactly white or exactly black. Politics, meanwhile, is about as gray as gray can get. Progress only happens when some level of compromise is maintained. But for Trump, the word “compromise” isn’t in his vocabulary, either metaphorically or, as we discussed earlier, literally.

#6 He’s gone bankrupt four times 
On four separate occasions, Donald Trump has intentionally gone bankrupt, later claiming that those bankruptcies weren’t failures on his part, but strategic business decisions to help him make more money. So at best, he’s lying and bad at business, but at worst, he’s intentionally manipulating the system for personal gain. Either way, what makes you think he knows how to handle an entire economy?

#7 Donald Trump is not used to listening to anybody else 
There’s a saying that “a president is only as good as his advisors.” But who would, and could, advise Donald Trump? After all, this is the man whose catchphrase is “You’re fired!” Having run his own empire for nearly 40 years, Donald Trump is used to doing as he pleases and calling all the shots. He doesn’t listen to anyone—he’s certainly not listening to anyone on his campaign team who might be telling him to tone down his rhetoric. So how would he listen to an army of advisors who were trying to give him advice on domestic and foreign policy, the military and the economy? The answer is he wouldn’t listen to anyone and would go off making half-baked decisions.

#8 Donald Trump’s business dealings are also questionable 
From gambling in Atlantic City to professional wrestling and beauty pageants, Donald Trump’s many business ventures have always been questionable—which may help to explain the four bankruptcies. There is even evidence Donald Trump has been involved with the Mafia over the years. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Cay Johnston and investigative journalist Wayne Barrett wrote an unauthorized 1992 biography on Donald Trump where they alleged the business magnate and his companies did business with New York and Philadelphia families linked to the Mafia.

#9 He’s Far Too Impulsive
Check twitter Wink

#10 What he thinks about American Muslims
Trump told Yahoo News that he would consider requiring Muslim-Americans to register with a government database, or worse, mandating that they carry special identification cards that note their faith. Isn't this what Hitler did with Jews requiring them to wear a gold Star of David on their clothes? Also when a reporter asked him "Is there a difference between requiring Muslims to register and Jews in Nazi Germany?" Trump at first refused to respond, but then told the reporter, "You tell me," and walked away. As The Holocaust Center notes on its website, the Nazi-era laws that required Jews to publicly identify their faith was "one of many psychological tactics aimed at isolating and dehumanizing the Jews of Europe, directly marking them as being different (i.e., inferior) to everyone else." There's no doubt that making Muslims carry special religious identity cards or having to register with the government sends a clear message to other Americans that Muslims are different. That they, simply because of their faith, are less than fully American. I am horrified to think what this might lead to.

There is many reasons I may have left out, I hope this will suffice. Smile

did you write that?
I don't think any of that is "bad". I think going bankrupt is kinda sad, lol.

I thought you used to like Trump? 

Is he the Illuminati now? lol, I'm kidding, homie.

KFC ftw, btw.
[Image: ab5885cbf87a4acb845a20f03a29838b.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes plsdonteatme's post:
  • ✨101✨
(11-09-2016, 02:16 PM)Conquest Wrote: I'm gonna be honest.... he is the next JFK.

Right between the fking eyes
Please dont kill Trump....his vice is worse than him!

Also I love all the commentary from non-American, non-voting age, non-caring folks lol....One of our oldest axioms is if you dont vote you cant complain... ps @✨101✨  @Squirrel is Canadian...no need to get excited.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Conquest
jeez lol i was just posting on why he sucks lol why everyone talking this seriously

both of them suck duh

(trump is good for memes tho so i low key like him)

(11-10-2016, 03:13 AM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 02:16 PM)Conquest Wrote: I'm gonna be honest.... he is the next JFK.

Right between the fking eyes
Please dont kill Trump....his vice is worse than him!

Also I love all the commentary from non-American, non-voting age, non-caring folks lol....One of our oldest axioms is if you dont vote you cant complain... ps @✨101✨  @Squirrel is Canadian...no need to get excited.

lol you said you love the commentary from non-voting age peeps, then in the same sentence you said how if you don't vote you can't complain LMAO xD

(11-09-2016, 07:37 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: to all you haters let me tag you real quick

@karla @101 @Voakie @Relax @Feminism @Gandalf @JuniorPlays @Everyone

trump just fuc*ing won boiiiiiiii lessssssssssssssss gooooooooooooooo

learn to mention me noob  HazRSavage
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
Why y'all hatin'? Donald said some things that aren't really nice, but there's a chance that he'll still be a good president. I'm not against Clinton or Trump, but I'm also not voting for them, but maybe you should give him a chance....
[-] The following 5 users Like ๑۩ ΜŁǤ ۩๑'s post:
  • run SPOT run , SkyDoge, Squirrel , ™ Chronic , ✨101✨
(11-10-2016, 06:31 AM)๑۩ ΜŁǤ ۩๑ Wrote: Why y'all hatin'? Donald said some things that aren't really nice, but there's a change that he'll still be a good president. I'm not against Clinton or Trump, but I'm also not voting for them, but maybe you should give him a chance..I think 
I agree totally
Bullies have personal issues.
But what I wonder the most, is that, even though Trump has always gotten more hatred and has been called stupid, racist and more....

Then why is HE the one who can say he's president?
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
i'll give him a chance, after all he is human Kappa

plus he gives us memes

After some thinking I think I like Donald Trump better than Hillary (my logic Donald Trump = entertainment, Hillary = same old boring nonsense), but if this election was Trump vs Bernie, I would have been on the Bernie train (Bernie memes > Trump memes.)

[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: Sorry if I offended you @Squirrel I didn't mean to call anyone out in specific, I was referring to the majority of his supporters, and if you support him since you dislike Hillary, you could have voted for any of the other candidates or simply not voted at all.

Fear not, I'd been hearing about a bunch of name-calling down south of the border, which really doesn't do anything, except offer reasons for other people to get angry unnecessarily.

From all the polls and stories, the one thing that I think Americans CAN agree on, they really hated this election, and are glad that it's over.

But Americans need to ask themselves this:

Are you happy with the status quo?

From all perspectives I can think of, I believe this answer to be a resounding: NO!!!

And if that is indeed the case, then the next thing Americans need to do, I believe, is to come together, decide on precisely WHY everyone is so upset, and then start demanding change!

Because, if there's one thing America has gained here, it's a modern-day non-political figure who sits in the most powerful seat.

If all of America stands up united and make certain demands the two-party-system that is operating will be forced to listen!

So sure, there's tons of people who don't want to see Trump as President. But, under the current accepted political system, nevertheless, he has won. And Americans stand a better chance of Trump changing the political structure, than they do with Clinton at the helm.

I wanted to try to briefly respond to the reasons you listed, to perhaps give you an alternate possible opinion to each.

(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: Reasons why he will make a terrible president (not in a specific order)

#1 He is racist & sexist
Quite clear, and yet people could not stand the thought of just allowing things to carry on so badly that these basic tenets of humanity were insufficient to keep people from voting for him!! (At one point, he had women standing with him who'd been raped. Some may have thought that was a publicity stunt. But as it turns out, I know another woman who was abused, and cast a ballot for Trump anyways. Lest anyone thought that was fake, and wouldn't actually happen.)

(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: #2 He talks like a third-grader
In listening to him, I don't see a low level of literacy, as you suggest, but an inability to think about what he is about to say. What comes out, so often has seemed inflammmatory, which is the very thing that politics was 'invented' to combat! Your comment can only be considered as expressed anger.

(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: #3 He never really explains how he’s going to do anything (besides building a wall)

He has spoken out repeatedly against affordable health care for American citizens who are poor.He he wants to get rid of Obamacare, but what will he replace it with? “Something Terrific,” he claims.
He has responded to people who are less well-off, have been legislated into getting this Health Care plan, which they cannot afford, and then are fined instead. There were so many of these, he had to put it in his platform, and his handlers recognized that it would go a long ways to giving him additional votes.

No, he has NO CLUE what to replace it with, because it was added only as a result of the massive # of requests. He is promising to change it, because Americans have demanded it from him! (And that, my friend, is exactly what you want from a politician.)

No first-time guy, set on using his own people wherever possible ever gets this stuff. He's going to figure it out as he goes along... Or break the promise. If you don't understand that, then you don't yet understand politics well enough.

(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: #4 He has no experience
How would Trump negotiate with Congress to see his agenda pushed forward? How would he work with both parties to get things done? You can’t just walk into the room and make arrogant demands. That’s not how it works.
You are correct! And yet, bizarrely, the American people have NO ALTERNATIVE but to try this, given that the only two viable parties are both broken. But one of those parties, realizing it was up against a political juggernaut, corrupt and already well ensconed in the political scene, with contacts and assets in every corner of American politics, that they had little hope of landing the next President, and as a result took this "Hail Mary" attempt, allowing a non-political person with great recognition to try to best their other hopeful. (Who, by the way, I don't even remember the name of. So... that guy's chances were ... not good.)

(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: #5 He doesn’t care if you disagree with him
CORRECT! And in this frenzied American cry for "Help" from their political masters, this is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT! Their vote makes you stand up and take notice that the American people consider the political system to be BROKEN and unmanageable. Anyone who has followed the farce of the budgets over the past two or three years, knows that. I am amazed, and actually excited that so many Americans have realized that, and cast a vote that could only be taken one way: A DEMAND FOR RADICAL CHANGE.

Now, as you have correctly said, politics does not work that way. But neither of the two viable parties has been offering to change a thing. The fringe parties were too small, with small unheard of names at their helm. Why do you think you had "multiple Bush" Presidents?! It's people. An unfortunate truth about politics, is you must appeal to EVERYONE, regardless of intellect level!!

I doubt he will get much done initially. He'll make some staff changes, or take on more people, with an inner knowledge of the system, and perhaps he can make an inroads. Perhaps not. The American people have announced they are willing to let America coast in neutral gear for 4 years. So much so, that that true-idiot overseas, Kim Jong, sees the American weakness clearly, and threatened to test its new nuke missile that is supposedly capable of striking America. (I did not see a report if that test took place, or if so, what the result was. Anyone know??)

(11-10-2016, 12:54 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: #6 He’s gone bankrupt four times 
He clearly knows how to play the stock market game. That too (which I refer to as 'legal gambling') is BROKEN, and has been effectively cornered by the "have's" leaving most of the American people to dream and grind their teeth. So this is again, a benefit if he chooses to honestly look at the system, and suggest changes.

Will any changes he suggests come to pass??

You can bank on it that the existing nouveau-riche will not permit it to happen. But I believe Trump can publicize how the changes would work, and possibly get American people an understanding of how it could be fixed -- if in fact he has a way to.

I must sadly inform you thst the USA is already effectively bankrupt. All they have left, is a workable economic machine.

I must finish this later... but you can chew on this for now.

By the way, I give you full marks for your reply to me... and no, I didn't take your comment personally. But the thing is... for a way forward from here, and to confirm for the American political masters that change is demanded both fractured sides of the vote now MUST come together... or nothing will happen.

This may be a wasted 4 year span.

But starting yesterday, all Americans are on-notice that they can demand change, if they put their minds to it!!

And as a neighbour to the North who honestly loves Americans (I have dated two, was ready to marry one, and have now had my life immeasurably improved by a 3rd...), I truly care what happens there.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit, Relax , ✨101✨
(11-10-2016, 03:20 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: i'll give him a chance, after all he is human Kappa

plus he gives us memes

After some thinking I think I like Donald Trump better than Hillary (my logic Donald Trump = entertainment, Hillary = same old boring nonsense), but if this election was Trump vs Bernie, I would have been on the Bernie train (Bernie memes > Trump memes.)
~snips the video~

I finished off my previous post properly, and made it more readable.

And I agree.

With Trump at the helm, the next 4 years will definitely NOT be one thing:

BORING

I hope that every American starts thinking more about politics; how to educate fellow Americans on political viewpoints, and come up with ways to demand change.

For truly, change is urgently needed.

Make no mistake -- your "quality of life" depends on your willingness to think on this, and act.

I for one, will be pulling for y'all. ~smile~
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ✨101✨
I believe this whole process has done nothing but put labels on people and cause more division. Instead of being part of the problem by name calling and insulting others, we need to come together. I voted in this election and policies had a lot to do with my decision. I'm not racist, I don't see gender, and I don't care how much money someone has. I believe the true treasure of a person is within and how they act in the face of adversity. We all grow and change over the course of our lives. I am not the same person I was 6 years ago because I try to self reflect and strive to be better today than I was yesterday. People on both sides of the fence seem to be missing the concerns of those with opposing views. The ending result is counter productive and leads to hurt feelings and dissection. If we don't grow as individuals we will never be a great united people. If the message is unity, then we need to accept others and the fact that they won't all have the same opinions and ideas. If we did, we wouldn't have farmers that grow the food we eat, we wouldn't have leaders that solve different problems, we wouldn't have music and theater. My point is we aren't all the same, but in spite of our differences, we have one thing in common and that's being human. The one commonality of all of us is we are all human. We should be looking to becoming part of the solution and not a contribution to the problem. Love others even if they don't agree with you, they are entitled to their opinions and feelings. To take on the attitude that we all have to agree to unite and show compassion for other human beings is just ignorant and counter productive. We haven't seen how Trump will do, so instead of causing upset and assuming the worst, all we can do is support Americas decision and hope for the future. The fact is a group of people felt left behind. 50 million Americans, according to the reports from US news, are living in economic distress and nothing was being done to help them. We must try to put ourselves in the shoes of others to be truly understanding. The other side is worried about what this means for their future and feel that some of their steps forward will be undone. These are valid concerns on both sides, but acting out of fear won't help. In fact, it could be the thing that causes the worst to happen, which is not in anyone's best interest. If we don't bind together, show love, empathy, and understanding for others, then we can pat ourselves on the back for destroying the future for generations to come. Our children are looking to us as the examples of how to act, and frankly there are people on both sides that aren't acting in an admiral way. To those who are, thank you for being the true heros and examples our children need. We can't be held responsible for the actions of others, but we are responsible for our own actions and our contibution toward unity or division.

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
I won't be surprised if trump gets assasinated.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

My stand on the election is this. I don't care who voted for who, good people are true treasures. I'd rather mend fences and and extend an olive branch to both sides. People are worth loving

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(11-12-2016, 03:59 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: My stand on the election is this. I don't care who voted for who, good people are true treasures. I'd rather mend fences and and extend an olive branch to both sides.  People are worth loving

You get it. I guess my reply is a "reply to all" moreso than to you. Smile

When I hear of protests in the streets, throwing flaming objects at the police, and some of the things (so far, I think that's only happened in Portland).... (And one protester/civilian shot dead by another... Sad )

It's a case of having foolish people, convincing others to be foolish as well. (I heard the term "professional protesters" used as well; their whole intent is to try to incite rioting. If I had a chance to try and prevent someone from doing that, I would take it.
PS: You don't do that by wading in and throwing punches.)

If that stuff keeps happening, then...
That way, lies the National Guard.
(And I really don't think that anyone wants to see that.)

If it were my country, and I saw them doing such things, I would try to start a conversation with them, and see if I could figure out why they are showing signs of hating their own country. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
whoa, this thread is deep
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
Since I'm nowhere near old enough to vote, I didn't have to tear my hair out deciding who I align with. At school I had to say I was a Hillary supporter since my school is predominantly Hispanic. Personally, I think it will be interesting in t eh least to see what Trump brings to the political table. I hope it goes well!

Also I have to vote in 2020, yikes Sad
~Hori