Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: Which is best? (Processors)
Intel
AMD
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel Vs AMD (Processors)
Which do you prefer? What do you use it for? and why?
Also, what others have you tried?
-LKD70
Intel since its the only one I've ever used. lol
my AMD machine runs hotter so its a lil louder with the fans but its also faster, I use it for gaming and multi media. Intell machine runs linux and is older (only 2 gig of ram), also vid card is junk so i only use that for messing with Androids (terminal is awesome for that), and my kids use it for homework and simple games. I dont own a tv, so my AMD machine is my only media device (thank you seeders I seed 2:1 Wink ).
[Image: giphy.gif]
AMD does and always will run hotter by design.. one of the few downfalls, you'd probably have a better experience with a high end intel than a high end amd, especially for servers. I love my amd opteron's, but xeons run a lot smoother as they utilize themselves better. Only issue there is the cost.
-LKD70
You'd laugh if you saw my Frankenstein machines...I'm old enough where we used to just hot swap everything because it was all interchangeable. That mentality carried into my "old" age, and I still just mod up old rigs on the cheap until they are as fast as the motherboard can allow. If you see someone in the ally picking up that tower you threw away, it might just be me...lol except im in Minnesota USA, so prob not in your case Wink

I still have a machine in my closet that's an old school memory dump...basically just 4 hard drives plugged together...I got rid of my cd collection in 2002 with that one lol. Ironically the only audio devices i have hooked up are my compy's and a turntable, I still love the vinyl.

I'll date myself....my first compy was a Commodore Vic20 that I upgraded by adding a cassette drive so i could record my early games and basic programmes...used to be a lot of typing back in the day to make anything happen.I'm prob the oldest cat on the forums...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Lmao that's pretty neat, I myself have quite a few old builds, msot I just use for stress testing of programs, different variables mean different outcomes, I do however have a 32 core 128gb server which is my main server, few others too, though for my main PC atm I'm on amd (fx 8350) Mostly an NZXT build, simple build but nice enough.
-LKD70
AMD because you can configure a crossfire Installation wich is great if you were dumb enough to buy an APU with damn good integrated graphics even if you have a neat graphics card Tongue
It's possible with Intel too, but it's harder and more expensive...
[Image: Voakie.png]
APU's are usless unless in a portable machine pretty much, Intel wouldn't have need for a set-up like that.
-LKD70