Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Forum download rule suggestion?
Information 
As some know, they have a mod release setion, but some of the files found there can contain viruses, spyware, adware, and a bunch of other nasty stuff you don't want on your computer.

So I decided to try and suggest a rule for when you post a download link, it has to be accompanied by a virustotal (search virus total to see what it is, it's a reliable site when used right.) and can not hav a survey (***ing annoying!) or a password for the download.

If accepted, it can help make downloads in the section and on this forum in a whole, more safe and reliable, and a good place to look for mod releases.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sinister 's post:
  • run SPOT run , TheTenome
I have so much to say here.....but simply YES Sinister I agree. If you cant post a direct link, then I can only assume you are attempting to profit from me or corrupt my machine. For peoples own safety,(Google) search for the link and see what the reviews are, and you should be able to decide if it will work for you based on your user skills and your particular machine. Let me also say again, for the record, it is EXTREMELY rare that you will see script (that is often advertised in these forums) actually running on any server. Considering the amount of feedback posted for all of these "hacks", I would expect thousands of players to be using them constantly! Well folks, be smart, be good.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Sinister