Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: What is your OS of choice?
Linux
Windows
Mac OS X
BSD
Android (technically Linux, I know...)
Windows mobile (technically Windows, I know)
IOS
Something Else (Please specify in the comments)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OS of choice?
No moonlight?

Code:
sudo apt-get install moonlight-plugin-chromium
-LKD70
[-] The following 1 user Likes LKD70 's post:
  • run SPOT run
(02-01-2016, 11:46 AM)LKD70 Wrote: No moonlight?

Code:
sudo apt-get install moonlight-plugin-chromium

lol that's new since last I looked into it...or at least a patch I didn't know about. sure does solve the problem without having to use wine! once i figured out (3 years ago) that chrome solved the problem, I never looked back....[ignorant bliss I tell ya  Wink]
[Image: giphy.gif]
lmao, that solution has been around a long while, thank the lord for mono runtime Smile
-LKD70
last time I tried that it was on Lubuntu LTE, and it didn't work. I actually fired up an old machine, and it did have that patch, but for whatever reason I couldn't make it work (I'm sure it was my failing lol). That was when I first tried linux, because I wanted to hack a kindal fire (put kit kat [? I think, been awhile] on it and google play market), and at the time linux was the only way to do it....so its been awhile. After installing and using Mint a little, I'm tempted to switch this computer over as well seeing as vista and xp are no longer supported and I cant stand win7,8, or 10(don't have a touch screen). Sooooo in short, you may have made me a full on convert with the new O.S....remember I'm a casual user so I tend to look for easy shortcuts...be patient with me hahaha. thanx again, good advice is always appreciated! p.s. you were right about the interface, it's clean, intuitive and sexy, best linux for a windows user I've seen so far (the Rosa version anyway)
[Image: giphy.gif]
I choose Windows just because Linux Distributions confuse me and it is probably the most compatible OS with software.
(03-05-2016, 02:44 PM)Spectrumss Wrote: I choose Windows just because Linux Distributions confuse me and it is probably the most compatible OS with software.

It;s confusing becuase I imagine you've not tried... 

Installation is as easy as this for most big distro's (Debian,Mint,Ubuntu,yada yada...)
1. Get an ISO. This step is the download step, go to there site and download anything the suggest... It's probably right...
2. Get a burning tool. Just like burning videos to a dvd in the old days, a tool is needed to put Linux onto a dvd (or preferably a USB). I recommend UnetBootIn.
3. burn! burn!..
4. Restart PC, you should boot right into the USB, if not, then you'll need to find out hoe to boot into your boot menu (differs on PC make).
5. once the USB has booted, there is probably an option to install and an option to run, I'd reocmmend running as you'll get a nice interface to install with.
6. The OS will boot up (yay) this is now a liveCD operating system, you can use it like that, or you can click install on your desktop to install it to your pc... an easy to use prompt will guide you through that.

As for comparability, this is the software developers fault for making bad non cross-platform software. Though some great devs have made tools to emulate or run certain pieces of software / games. As well as this, there's many great alternatives to the mainstream windows programs.
-LKD70
[-] The following 1 user Likes LKD70 's post:
  • Exursa
(03-06-2016, 02:54 PM)LKD70 Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 02:44 PM)Spectrumss Wrote: I choose Windows just because Linux Distributions confuse me and it is probably the most compatible OS with software.

It;s confusing becuase I imagine you've not tried... 

Installation is as easy as this for most big distro's (Debian,Mint,Ubuntu,yada yada...)
1. Get an ISO. This step is the download step, go to there site and download anything the suggest... It's probably right...
2. Get a burning tool. Just like burning videos to a dvd in the old days, a tool is needed to put Linux onto a dvd (or preferably a USB). I recommend UnetBootIn.
3. burn! burn!..
4. Restart PC, you should boot right into the USB, if not, then you'll need to find out hoe to boot into your boot menu (differs on PC make).
5. once the USB has booted, there is probably an option to install and an option to run, I'd reocmmend running as you'll get a nice interface to install with.
6. The OS will boot up (yay) this is now a liveCD operating system, you can use it like that, or you can click install on your desktop to install it to your pc... an easy to use prompt will guide you through that.

As for comparability, this is the software developers fault for making bad non cross-platform software. Though some great devs have made tools to emulate or run certain pieces of software / games. As well as this, there's many great alternatives to the mainstream windows programs.

Thanks!