Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
need your help ...
Question 
I know - I hope so -  Tongue  arround 90% from agar.io gameplay, BUT I STILL dont know ...

WHAT movements (or is it just a time thing) cause you to lose faster points ?

Blush

Confused

Huh

Oh ... and when I am asking now, I also want to know the exact points until I can go under a virus ... 139 ?

(I am talking about agar.io)
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(10-18-2016, 11:05 PM)Supergirl Wrote: I know - I hope so -  Tongue  arround 90% from agar.io gameplay, BUT I STILL dont know ...

Blush

Confused

Huh

Oh ... and when I am asking now, I also want to know the exact points until I can go under a virus ... 139 ?

Supergirl doesn't know everything yet? Wow! ~grin~

When discussing size... your size does decrease a bit, with the passage of time, all the way back down to your minimum, if you hide under a virus, like some of the wussy players do. ~grin~

And the bigger you are, the more mass you lose with the passage of time.

The obstacles/'viruses' all start at a set size, which I forget (130, or 140? Somewhere in there?), but of course can be increased in size.

If I'm on a team that is being dominated, I will try to fatten up the viruses, and create little 'squirrel nests', where the area is littered with viruses, so I can kill big guys by breaking them up easily, and sniping their little bits.

Some people might have more definitive answers for the exact sizes.

I would also be interested if there is a maximum virus size. Some people definitely know how to pump a virus up to just 1 or 2 extra W's away from shooting out a new virus, and that would be useful to know.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
So the bigger you are, the faster your mass goes away. If you press space and W too much, and if the agario detector detects you teaming like that, too much feeding and splitting, you might get an anti teaming penalty, which will make your mass fall as fast as 100 per second!!!!!!

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

Exclamation 
(10-19-2016, 02:01 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 11:05 PM)Supergirl Wrote: I know - I hope so -  Tongue  arround 90% from agar.io gameplay, BUT I STILL dont know ...

Blush

Confused

Huh

Supergirl doesn't know everything yet? Wow!  ~grin~

Yes I wonder also about that, and I am not WonderWoman  Exclamation

Tongue

Quote:I would also be interested if there is a maximum virus size. Some people definitely know how to pump a virus up to just 1 or 2 extra W's away from shooting out a new virus, and that would be useful to know.

You see ... that I know !

Tongue

A "new" Virus (not feeded) needs 7 W's to shoot out an other one  Exclamation

(10-19-2016, 02:11 AM)REACTION Wrote: So the bigger you are, the faster your mass goes away. If you press space and W too much, and if the agario detector detects you teaming like that, too much feeding and splitting, you might get an anti teaming penalty, which will make your mass fall as fast as 100 per second!!!!!!

Thats exactly what I meant ... I didnt knew about a teaming-detector  Exclamation 
Do someone know the exact numbers about that ?
As example ... 10 splits per minute or 100 W's per minute ?

Confused

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
this aught to help you out. As I understand it, Mass Loss occurs at different rates, depending on if you've triggered anti teaming in ffa or not (I'm not sure about the current rules, but anti team is triggered by excessive feeding and/or excessive virus consumption). For general reference though mass loss is based as a %/second loss of the cell (larger cell bleeds off faster than a smaller cell [ %10 of a 100 cell=10/sec, %10 of a 1000=100/sec] random numbers for example), and will happen faster the more cells you have.
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=890
here saves you the trouble of going through the thread
[Image: ebfc272396914bc3868dbb6900c67531.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel , Supergirl
Star 
Thank you very much, that is exactly what I was searching for  Exclamation

Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • run SPOT run
(01-21-2019, 08:48 AM)samira Wrote: I believe recently they have implemented a change: Wenn hitting a virus you always lose some mass (except when split into 16 parts). Not much mass but you will shrink for a few seconds, maybe lose hmmmm round about 30 mass (after getting 100 mass).

I think it is this way (feel free to correct me, if I am wrong about) ...

- the first 2 virus you hit doesn't affect you, only split you (IF there is time between the 2 hits)

... I use that mechanism to build up fast, playing alone, if there are no dangerous opponents around the virus  Exclamation

When maps are going to end, you can test that pretty well, if there is enough time between the virus hits, you can build up all the time  Exclamation
Enough time for this example is the time you need to go back from 16 cells to 1  Exclamation
(so just make sure nobody steel from you / eat you)

--- 

If you are being attacked, players shot virus at you, twice or more you start losing immediately mass, because to less time were between the 2 hitten virus  Exclamation

---

An other thing is the "teaming"-detector, many players do not know that this exist  Exclamation
If you split yourself to often and/or send to much mass with "w" the detector start working and you start to lose mass a lot for around 1 minute  Exclamation

Wink

(talking about agar.io)

[-] The following 3 users Like Supergirl 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel , YaGirlBantrr
(01-21-2019, 10:23 AM)samira Wrote: Thank you (so far), I will test my theory again later.

Quote:An other thing is the "teaming"-detector, many players do not know that this exist  Exclamation
If you split yourself to often and/or send to much mass with "w" the detector start working
It suprises me how many experienced players do not know that fact or ignore it. They are so nervous, splitting for every tiny cell they see, feeding with w a lot (which is also a bad idea because it wastes mass, of course) and also hitting viruses intentionally way too often. And once they are super fast shrinking they won't tell you or just suicide, no, they play on and waste tons of mass... makes me desperate, because I don't know how to help them.  Undecided

I only split for two reasons... to eat someone... Or to get away from the next loser who just used a speed powerup. Oh. I also split to nuke a virus, if I have just one cell at the time. That way, I still have half my mass in a cell. And then my playstyle begins in earnest. I liken it to a battleship's group... if they still existed. (Or like an aircraft carrier group.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(01-22-2019, 09:11 AM)samira Wrote: Or a fishermen's ship group. Because, you know, these ships eat fish. Angel

Fishermen employ great big nets. That sounds like some offensive scheme, but, I don't see a way to make sense of that, in a relation to the game.

For me, it is a defensive strategy. People who shoot viruses at me, I almost always have a small cell that can intercept it... just the way a destroyer protects a high value ship. Smile

I have also referred to myself as a minesweeper. (Us Canucks like to do dat. Although, more so on land than in the water...) It would make sense if you bored yourself watching me play for a bit. (lol)
Fight the Good Fight
(01-23-2019, 08:05 AM)samira Wrote:
Quote:Fishermen employ great big nets. That sounds like some offensive scheme, but, I don't see a way to make sense of that, in a relation to the game.
"Eating" fish  -> eating cells  Exclamation I think it's an awesome analogy. Wink Wink
In the game, we eat cells one at a time, in most cases. Sometimes you get a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 special.

But fishermen catch hundreds upon hundreds at once! That's why the analogy is flawed, for me!

We don't have a thermonuclear powerup!

(01-23-2019, 08:05 AM)samira Wrote: If there was a video...? Big Grin I certainly won't play agma with you in the near future. I still have to survive the "they have hats" shock. Confused
I wouldn't make a video. Too much work, and who'd watch it??

Now if you happened to be in the same game... and were ... perhaps, hunting me... you would start to understand. Wink Plus, you'd be having fun, probably imaging me spinning on a spit, over an open flame, while you were lounging around browsing on your laptop.

And c'mon! Picture yourself with a crown on top, and wielding a sword... I think it would look perfect on you!
Fight the Good Fight
(01-23-2019, 09:57 AM)samira Wrote: But what if a cell explodes into many small pieces? Angel
That part wouldn't fit. But what marine life analogy can match one of mass destruction?!

(01-23-2019, 09:57 AM)samira Wrote:
Quote:I wouldn't make a video. Too much work, and who'd watch it??
Me! Blush
Do a bunch of work for one person? I'd rather play with you, and then we could both have fun simultaneously!

Quote:Now if you happened to be in the same game... and were ... perhaps, hunting me... you would start to understand.
Currently it seems more realistic that you would hunt me if the name of the game was agma.
Au contraire! I am a mostly peaceable rodent!  Just because carnage is taking place all around me, doesn't mean that I'll join in!

(Okay, only mostly peaceable. If I see you're coming for me, then my mantra changes to, 'Do unto others, before others do unto you'!)

So that would depend on you. Would you rather play with me, or eat me? lol

Quote: I think it would look perfect on you!
Nope. When it was time for me to decide which name to choose in agar, I was not tempted to call myself "princess" or "queen". Which girl with a tiny spark of intelligence in her head would want to be a princess / queen? It's like the ultimate "I have no trust in my abilities, I am lazy and dependend, I have no goals but I want to feel special and more important than others without deserving it"-statement. That's not my mindset. Tongue

~stares at his monitor for some time, no sounds emanate from him, no key clacking occurs~

When you put it that way, I agree that I was wrong.

But I like to celebrate the achievements of women, and stand in their corner, although I am fully male. To me, the 'crown' represents achievement... more of a game-crown (being in 1st place), than one which is bestowed in hereditary fashion. And in that light, I contend it would look very nice on you. Smile
[/quote]
Fight the Good Fight
(01-24-2019, 09:06 AM)samira Wrote:
Quote: But what marine life analogy can match one of mass destruction?!
Dynamite fishing?
Did you reaaallly just suggest that?!
Dat's da kind of answer I expect from a guy!  I actually thought of a better one!!!!

(But remember, it's taken me a whole day to think of ONE!)

I was thinking one of those... err... spares/fungis that multiplies so fast, that it can appear to make an entire river turn red, the way one did somewhere in Russia, I think it was?

Quote:Do a bunch of work for one person? I'd rather play with you, and then we could both have fun simultaneously!
Sure. All you have to do is...

...play agar.io FFA Big Grin Or wait until (if) I feel confident enough to play agma with you. Might be a long waiting time.

If you would like to play in 'Teams' with me... providing we are the same colour. I absolutely would! Send me a PM, and let's figure out when we're both around? I could call myself 'Thing One' and you could be 'Thing Two' or something! Smile

I have been really missing Teams mode, and that way I wouldn't be trying to eat you.

In FFA, I would just try to tease you constantly... get close to you, let you take a shot, and then cackle as someone else eats your bits! (LOL!!)

Quote:Would you rather play with me, or eat me? lol
Depends. If I really want to play solo I would use a "stealth nickname" so you would not be able to identify me and then I would try to eat you. Tongue Otherwise I would prefer together play with you. Smile

You mean like 'an unnamed cell'??  LOL... I am making myself squirm, knowing how 'weird' it will sound when I admit that, being pursued hostilely by a new friend, actually sounds kind of nice to me!

Normally, I would practise my hobby of 'armchair psychology' and try to figure out what it means, but in this case, that is too scary, and must be forgotten again, immediately!

Fortunately for me, I have the cr@ppy memory to make dat happen!!  lolllll

Quote:~stares at his monitor for some time, no sounds emanate from him, no key clacking occurs~
Shocking innocent squirrels is quite satisfying Big Grin Tongue

~snipped~

Okay Big Grin Thanks!

You and every one of your kind are welcome... AND WORTHY!!!

I'm going to bed now. LOL... But I only sleep about 5 hrs.
Fight the Good Fight
Combine agario and fish and you get the classic game Fishy!

http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/fishy

[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post:
  • Squirrel , YaGirlBantrr
Wauw @Fishy dis is the game for you (:
[Image: zero_two_eating.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes YaGirlBantrr's post:
  • Squirrel
(01-25-2019, 08:34 AM)samira Wrote:
Quote:Did you reaaallly just suggest that?!
Dat's da kind of answer I expect from a guy!  I actually thought of a better one!!!!
I did suggest that - as an analogy. I did suggest it from a linguistic point of view. I do not suggest to actually do it! I am not a true vegetarian but I try not to eat much meat/fish. So my suggestion is not to kill fish at all. (If there is no fish to buy, I cannot eat it.)

Maybe refering to dynamite fishing was a bit too bold. Sad

I was mostly teasing you there... Big Grin It's just that... in order to catch fish, you need a container... And by deploying dynamite to cause death, you would also blow up the container! You'd start again with trying to catch chunks (oh, the picture this conjures!) of already-dead fish that cannot latch on to food or lures, and, at best, may float..... then decide to sell them, knowing you cannot distinguish the died-5-days-ago-and-rotting fish from those who died in the blast -- other than perhaps, 'if it is a whole fish, it probably did not die due to the dynamite'....

~cackles & rolls about in laughter~
Quote:If you would like to play in 'Teams' with me... providing we are the same colour.
So you are talking about team mode?

Yes! The 'Teams' mode with three teams, no skins, every player is the colour of their team, and "board domination" being the goal -- to completely wipe out from existence, the other two teams!

With one caveat -- that if we come across the eeeevillll cross-colour team, that we will do everything in our power to try to kill THEM first! Including if one of them is supposedly on 'our' team. (Those bastiches is what made me stop playing 'Teams', even though I enjoyed it, otherwise.

And one possible problem -- I've never played with someone in Teams mode before (on purpose, pre-planned)... so I'm not sure how we could have a better chance of being placed on the same team together. (And I haven't been there in almost 2 years now. If you can "invite" someone with a personal link... that might work.)

Quote: Send me a PM, and let's figure out when we're both around?
I will! After I have figured out the timezone differences Big Grin

I am EDT -- -0400, right now, I believe... but I am not at ALL up the normal hours of the region. Normally, I wake up between 20:00 and 23:00, depending on whether I'm working or not, and I'm then awake uptil between 15:00-18:00.

Quote:In FFA, I would just try to tease you constantly... get close to you, let you take a shot, and then cackle as someone else eats your bits! (LOL!!)
Pfffffff!!

Precisely the sort of reaction I'd hoped for! Big Grin lol

Quote:I admit that, being pursued hostilely by a new friend, actually sounds kind of nice to me!
If it is an appointed fight, fine! Smile I don't want to bore you with my agar stories, but... Tongue

Playing for a long time, met many players. Some of them hate me. So if they see me they try to attack me. Not because it's a smart move but because of their hate. That's not very funny, because their behaviour is not easy to predict.  I never know if they do the stupid and risky double split to kill me - even though it does not make any sense except giving them the pleasure to demonstrate me how "great" they are - or if they manage to keep their stupid hate under control. It's not cool if your mass is let's say 300 and suddenly you are killed by doublesplit of a 20,000 mass cell - killing you instead of other bigger targets.

Most of the time I am not the most sophisticated one-versus-one-player. When playing solo I do not tend to fight a single cell for a long time. Maybe I start one attempt or two and if they have no success, I move on to another target.

Sure! You get big slowly... capitalizing in the mistakes of those who had the misfortune to also do it while close to you... lol

I am not 'sophisticated' either. The greatest female player of all time, Karla, when she got me to try the pre-agma game (it was called 'AGF' in those days, and was different with just one variety of server... of which 'agarioforums.io' is now the closest fascimile) summarized my play-style (while laffin' her @ ss off) this way:
"You just fly around! You hardly ever even split!"

lol
Fight the Good Fight