Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Embarrassed much? (Doh!)
A simple and fun game, that I thought would follow much like @DTricksplit's "Confessions" thing...

Share one embarrassing moment with us.

I'm not sure how many of those I have (~attempts to keep a straight face~), but here's one a guy can never forget.

I live in a big city, and use public transit to get around.

I'd been playing baseball with a group of on-line people every Sunday... But one Sunday (I forget what I was doing beforehand), I was busy doing something else, but then found myself in the area where we played. But I was wearing jeans, and didn't have any of my usual stuff (bats, bases, balls, etc.).

So they convince me to play.... and I figure, "It should be okay... I'll just be an extra outfielder, and won't dive/slide..." Famous last thought.

Minutes later, trying to catch a fly ball, I lunge that final step (miss, as I usually did, lol), and hear.... RiiIIIiiIiIiIiIIiiiIIIiIiIIiIiipppppppppp!

I'd torn my jeans, along the seam, from the bottom of the zipper, all the way around to the back, where the double fold started.

I had to go home like that, on public transit. :grimacing:

It was the only time that, literally, the zipper was the only thing keeping them on.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Final, ™ Chronic , ℱIRE , ✨101✨
When I was younger, I went to the tanning bed (we didn't know how bad they were then, I don't use them anymore)... anyway, I got dressed and walked out. As soon as I stepped outside I felt a breeze.....OH MY GOSH, My dress was folded up and tucked into the top of my underwear in the back. The dress had slits going up both sides, which is why I didn't notice from the front...Not a good situation. As I'm quickly rushing to fix it, I noticed everyone in the salon staring and chuckling....sooooooo embarrassing

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 3 users Like DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel , ™ Chronic , ✨101✨
(10-12-2016, 01:33 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: When I was younger, I went to the tanning bed (we didn't know how bad they were then, I don't use them anymore)... anyway, I got dressed and walked out.  As soon as I stepped outside I felt a breeze.....OH MY GOSH,  My dress was folded up and tucked into the top of my underwear in the back. The dress had slits going up both sides, which is why I didn't notice from the front...Not a good situation.  As I'm quickly rushing to fix it, I noticed everyone in the salon staring and chuckling....sooooooo embarrassing

~stares with a straight face and insists~

I did not just laugh aloud.

And if I did... You can't prove it.

~scurries to the nearest door, and does his little 'rolling' play, his tail becoming dirtier by the minute, as it looks like a mop wielded by a madman~

~tries to think of another embarrassing moment, but thankfully fails!!~

Not to say that I didn't often have them. But my brain is so talented at.... 'selective memorization'. :|

I'll try to think of another soon, but I won't beat that one!

(Right now, I'm thinking of someone else's "embarrassing moment". Maybe that will do??)

That age-old on-line community I keep babbling about? We used to enjoy having meets in a big local park.

Someone noticed a huuuuge beach blanket..... with a lump in the middle that was moving, and covered with another huge beach blanket.

So they quietly went around, alerting people, and soon, most of us had gathered in a great big ring around them. On a silent countdown by the ringleader, we all let out a simultaneous, looouuuud cheer. Big Grin

Soon... two very embarrased heads appeared at one edge.........
Fight the Good Fight
When I was in 2nd grade, I was writing on the board, and I farted so loud that the people watching a movie in class turned around and looked at me...
So embarrassing

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Reaction 's post:
  • Squirrel
One time, my math teacher asked my class if they knew the answer to an exercise in our books. I, like automatically, raised my hand, while I was focusing on some other random stuff. Anyways, the teacher asked me to say the answer, but since I was focusing on something else, I didn't know what exercise he asked me to answer.
So I asked:

'What exercise was it again?'

He looked at me for a second and then he said: 'Right', and he asked someone else...........

Ugh..
Embarrased
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 2 users Like ℱIRE 's post:
  • Reaction , Squirrel
(10-12-2016, 05:23 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: One time, my math teacher asked my class if they knew the answer to an exercise in our books. I, like automatically, raised my hand, while I was focusing on some other random stuff. Anyways, the teacher asked me to say the answer, but since I was focusing on something else, I didn't know what exercise he asked me to answer.
So I asked:

'What exercise was it again?'

He looked at me for a second and then he said: 'Right', and he asked someone else...........

Ugh..
Embarrased

Hey, you made me remember one!

I'm in Physics class one day, doing some computer cr@p, as I usually did... when it became blatantly obvious from the dead silence, that something was amiss. Up on the blackboard, there was a problem arrayed, and the teacher was looking at it, apparently at a great loss.

So detecting a great mystery and some brain food, I start straining my eyes to make out the details of the solution, until I got to something soooo disappointing to me, that it made me say the dumbest thing ever, in a classroom. "Oh you idiot! Look at the 5th line!" (He'd made a subtraction error.)

It was the only time in highschool that I'd been kicked out of a class. :grimacing:
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Relax , ™ Chronic , ℱIRE
(10-12-2016, 07:11 PM)Squirrel Wrote: Hey, you made me remember one!

I'm in Physics class one day, doing some computer cr@p, as I usually did... when it became blatantly obvious from the dead silence, that something was amiss. Up on the blackboard, there was a problem arrayed, and the teacher was looking at it, apparently at a great loss.

So detecting a great mystery and some brain food, I start straining my eyes to make out the details of the solution, until I got to something soooo disappointing to me, that it made me say the dumbest thing ever, in a classroom. "Oh you idiot! Look at the 5th line!" (He'd made a subtraction error.)

It was the only time in highschool that I'd been kicked out of a class. :grimacing:

Have you ever had those kind of teachers who can't keep control and always threaten with consequences but don't actually fullfill them?
My biology teacher is exactly like that. All the guys in my class are always messing around and then she says:

'I'm so annoyed by your childish behaviour (they're 16), ever since the start of school! (5 weeks ago). The first one to be causing trouble again will be kicked out of the class.' 

In all those 5 weeks in which she was annoyed by us, nobody was ever kicked out of the class. No wonder nobody gives a @#!@ and just keep messing around.
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ℱIRE 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(10-12-2016, 09:04 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Have you ever had those kind of teachers who can't keep control and always threaten with consequences but don't actually fullfill them?
My biology teacher is exactly like that. All the guys in my class are always messing around and then she says:

'I'm so annoyed by your childish behaviour (they're 16), ever since the start of school! (5 weeks ago). The first one to be causing trouble again will be kicked out of the class.' 

In all those 5 weeks in which she was annoyed by us, nobody was ever kicked out of the class. No wonder nobody gives a @#!@ and just keep messing around.

I don't know how it is, where you are, but here in Canada, I could totally see that, as principals and VP's don't want the hassle of parents going above them, and thus, in the end, there aren't many disciplinary options.

When I was a sub (really, a teeny-bopper babysitter), someone who was continually disruptive, I would just toss them out. The Office would usually become annoyed, if there were a stream of people... but most I don't think bothered going there. I didn't care, so long as they were out o my room.

It probably varies from one place to another.

This is why private schools, by and large, are superior.

Because then the parents are out money, which is never refunded. And for the kid, it then becomes much more difficult for them to be accepted elsewhere.
Fight the Good Fight
I just remembered a new embarrassing moment....A few years ago I had just gotten a spray tan. I heard my daughter yell, Mom...the trampoline. We were having a thunderstorm, so I replied, "it's okay honey, it's fine." She said, "no, it's in the neighbors yard!" What?! I had to run outside in the pouring down rain, the neighbor ran out to help me. I can only imagine what he must have thought as my tan was streaking all over me...looked like my skin was melting off...oh my gosh, embarrassing!

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(10-18-2016, 12:34 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: I just remembered a new embarrassing moment....A few years ago I had just gotten a spray tan.  I heard my daughter yell, Mom...the trampoline.  We were having a thunderstorm, so I replied, "it's okay honey, it's fine."  She said, "no, it's in the neighbors yard!"   What?!  I had to run outside in the pouring down rain, the neighbor ran out to help me.  I can only imagine what he must have thought as my tan was streaking all over me...looked like my skin was melting off...oh my gosh, embarrassing!

Hehehe, that does sound prrrreeetty embarrassing!

I have no idea how that stuff works. Is that going to happen, the first time it starts to rain on you regardless, or does it just take a bit to, err, 'soak in', and then it's okay?

I'll never have that problem. I have to be out in the sun all day long for it to start burning me, at least from what I can see visually. My forearms have a kind of slight permatan, as I think I only own one long-sleeved shirt!

Hmm. And I remember one...

Back in my highschool days, I had a freind who didn't go to my school, that would drop in and see me now and then. So one day, we're sitting in one of our computer labs... and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen (Picture one that they would use in alcohol ads, with no airbrushing needed.) ... walks in. All I see, is my friends mouth drop open, and stay that way.

I turn around, see her, and she asks me if I've seen another firend of mine.

All the while, my friend continues to stare unabated, mouth wide open.

I was so embarrassed, I stood between them, in an effort to hide him from her. (lol)
Fight the Good Fight