Chat commands
Appoint moderators
Other
/Mute Conquest
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ideas on stopping the spammers.
Okay so as some of you may know there have been a lot of spammers of late and these are my thoughts/ideas to be rid of them 

(also first thread so idk what I am doing #SendHelp)

1: Have the ability to mute someone. 
So, for instance, you can have chat commands like /Mute Conquest (I wonder how much this will happen to me..) 
Also in the new update you could make it so each user has a special code? (idk) and you can say mute that code? .-. 

2: Give a few people power to mute other people:
So for instance as of NOW the only way to deal with spammers is by either hiding chat OR ask @Sora and wait. if we have a few people who can mute that can be trusted. (no muting people cause you don't like them etc) 
(personally, I think this is a bad idea and won't happen but oh well) 

I apologise for the messy thread as I am fairly new to stuff like this.. 

(I also know there are only 2 ideas here and any normal person could think of them but lol) 

If you have any other ideas please say so in the comments and I will add them (Within reason) 
i think you think too much of me

i think i think too much

this has been brought up several times before. so far the only thing thats ever been done is adding a list of banned words. I highly doubt Sora will hand over the reins to anyone as the power to actually moderate has been allotted to very few (Gandolf and LKD70 to be exact) and they don't actually play, so do not experience it as a problem the way we dedicated AGF players do.
I do think that if there was a mute player option that triggered a kick after enough mutes it would be effective (until no life players figure out they can gang up and remove their competition Wink ) . But as discussed before, it's hard figuring out a way to ban individuals. I know something is in the works though as evidenced by the new glitches (like my google ID flashing on my skin for a split second when I die, and a few other things I've noticed). Sora and crew are aware of the problem, it's just in the technical end that it needs to be figured out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • CantREKTMe , Conquest, Sora, Squirrel , ℱIRE , ✨101✨
Personal Muting would be a neat feature, especially for stopping toxic players and spammers. However, I have a suggestion that would fit in place neatly with this. How about a report forum, where you can report Spammers/Toxic Players and rid AGF of these types of players. Just a thought Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Exursa 's post:
  • Conquest, ✨101✨
(10-09-2016, 02:18 PM)Spectrumss Wrote: Personal Muting would be a neat feature, especially for stopping toxic players and spammers. However, I have a suggestion that would fit in place neatly with this. How about a report forum, where you can report Spammers/Toxic Players and rid AGF of these types of players. Just a thought Tongue

You mean like a section for it? Could work, but we might end up spamming the forums with reporting threads... and its probably slower than the shoutbox, because not everybody checks recent posts often
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Conquest, Relax
(10-09-2016, 02:55 PM)Voakie Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 02:18 PM)Spectrumss Wrote: Personal Muting would be a neat feature, especially for stopping toxic players and spammers. However, I have a suggestion that would fit in place neatly with this. How about a report forum, where you can report Spammers/Toxic Players and rid AGF of these types of players. Just a thought Tongue

You mean like a section for it? Could work, but we might end up spamming the forums with reporting threads... and its probably slower than the shoutbox, because not everybody checks recent posts often

Maybe make it so posts in that Forum don't appear in Latest Posts? And Mods can hang around in that forum?
  • Give users the ability to mute specific players.
    The purpose of muting other players is to provide a temporary fix to users who do not wish to see spam/toxic comments, etc. There should also be an option to unmute. 
  • Give users ability to send reports about spammers/toxic players.
    Reports are sent to moderators and @Sora, they are received in a PM.
  • Appoint moderators with the ability to IP ban.
    Alongside @LKD70 & @Gandalf, a couple of more members should be appointed as in game moderators who can issue IP bans.
Moderators should be responsible members (@Sora trusts them) who do not abuse their power and use it for the purpose it was provided to them. For instance once in a while people do rage in game and may cuss, etc. A responsible moderator will issue a few warnings to the offender telling him/her to abstain from that particular behavior, if the person listens all should be fine. Moderators should only give an IP ban if a user is continuously is using profanity, bullying, harassing, making sexual comments,spamming, etc;  after they have been warned multiple times. 

IP bans should have levels:

First offence = 24 hour ban
Second offence = 1 week ban
Third offence = IP banned forever 

Thanks for reading!
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Horizon, Reaction , run SPOT run