Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AGF Private Server - OUT OF CONTROL
I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

AGF Private Server is OUT OF CONTROL.

Let me show you what's been going on!

https://gyazo.com/8a904d063d7f73eb1479a8adbe941369

Take a look at this gyazo, @Sora needs to see this. The past two days, I have seen people talking about sexual and disgusting stuff in our happy private server! I try to do my best to stop them from saying things like that, but they keep on going!

People name themselves inappropriate things, and people spam like maniacs! It hasn't just happened all of a sudden, it's been going on for MONTHS!

Take a look at this! Sad

https://gyazo.com/43bbd9928dc4e4452bbae9d626c23100

https://gyazo.com/e3479585c82d15cd1b1f647da1f95068

https://gyazo.com/3b2201064f1c41c50f95bd38d26d6983

https://gyazo.com/9a8d94bc2ae688554e05f358c90a62b4

PLEASE FIX THIS, @Sora! Sad 
[-] The following 5 users Like Faded's post:
  • Final, imHitu, run SPOT run , ™ Chronic , ✨101✨
Yes, it has been an ongoing issue. I don't know how they would fix unless you have a moderator online 24/7, but as you well know that isn't possible. I know if you say some words you can mute with the (***) symbol. In order to do that you would need to put in countless curse words and or sexual words, which people can bypass of course. Because there is always someone that finds the bypass.

I do agree that this needs to be stopped and I believe it can be. We just need to keep on thinking. Thanks for bringing this out though Faded. It's a good concern to take a look at.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Final's post:
  • ✨101✨
In my opinion censors should be removed period, people will continue to find ways to use profanity (spacing words out, caps, etc). Instead moderators should be given the ability to IP ban users, example:

AGF chat
Timmy Turner(person in game): (uses profanity or is bullying, harassing, sexual comments,spamming etc).
101 (moderator): @Timmy Turner, please refrain from using profanity or bullying, harassing, sexual comments,spamming etc.
Timmy Turner: (keeps up behavior)
101: @Timmy Turner, you will get banned.
Timmy Turner: (continues)
101: @Timmy Turner, banned.

Moderators should be responsible members (@Sora trusts them) who do not abuse their power and use it for the purpose it was provided to them. For instance once in a while people do rage in game and may cuss, etc. A mature and tolerant moderator will issue a few warnings to the offender telling him/her to abstain from that particular behavior, if the person listens all should be fine. Moderators should only issue an IP ban if a user is continuously is using profanity, bullying, harassing, making sexual comments,spamming, etc; even after they have been warned multiple times. Also IP bans should have levels.

Example:
First offence = 24 hour ban
Second offence = 1 week ban
Third offence = IP banned forever 

So that's pretty much my stance on how to deal with this problem, thanks for reading Big Grin
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(10-08-2016, 03:24 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: In my opinion censors should be removed period, people will continue to find ways to use profanity (spacing words out, caps, etc). Instead moderators should be given the ability to IP ban users, example:

AGF chat
Timmy Turner(person in game): (uses profanity or is bullying, harassing, sexual comments,spamming etc).
101 (moderator): @Timmy Turner, please refrain from using profanity or bullying, harassing, sexual comments,spamming etc.
Timmy Turner: (keeps up behavior)
101: @Timmy Turner, you will get banned.
Timmy Turner: (continues)
101: @Timmy Turner, banned.

Moderators should be responsible members (@Sora trusts them) who do not abuse their power and use it for the purpose it was provided to them. For instance once in a while people do rage in game and may cuss, etc. A mature and tolerant moderator will issue a few warnings to the offender telling him/her to abstain from that particular behavior, if the person listens all should be fine. Moderators should only issue an IP ban if a user is continuously is using profanity, bullying, harassing, making sexual comments,spamming, etc; even after they have been warned multiple times. Also IP bans should have levels.

Example:
First offence = 24 hour ban
Second offence = 1 week ban
Third offence = IP banned forever 

So that's pretty much my stance on how to deal with this problem, thanks for reading Big Grin

Mhm, I agree. It should be removed. There really is a lack of staff that usually doesn't take care of the private server. I may start thinking about trying to become a staff member, I've had past experience and I know what I'm doing. I'd say an easy way to ban people from accessing the private server is for @Sora to make a Trello named 'Trello Bans' for staff members to handle bans. I've used Trello before, and it's quite simple.

There haven't been staff applications for a VERY long time now. They must be handpicked?