Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Screen shot. Art Of War... 2 sided attack
Great start to the day. 

Wolf Toxic and canni get whittled down in mass bit by bit as they wage a relentless attack from two sides against Art Of War.  TYL pulls out of the attack to recover after nearly being devoured . Art Of War stays calm  and begins moving in  to attack Toxic Wolfs main mass, while also evading canni. Canni knows there will be trouble if Art Of War succeeds and tries desperately to gain ground on Art Of War ....... I don't know how it ends ,  I had to leave lol. I think @Relax might know   Big Grin   ... Inquiring minds want to know.

[Image: SSartofwar.gif]
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 4 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Relax , Sora, Voakie , ✨101✨
Interesting war. You almost made it a cinemadic type. I enjoyed it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Final's post:
  • ™ Chronic
I'm sorry but... you're using an outdated version of windows Big Grin
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(10-07-2016, 02:21 PM)Voakie Wrote: I'm sorry but... you're using an outdated version of windows Big Grin

lmao    I know   Blush  I get that msgs all the time when I try to download some things. Thats why I don't have Discord . It wont run on XP
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Voakie
I would still be running XP in "Classic mode" if I could. I still fail to see how windows 10 is better...Took me forever to get my win7 to behave like XP, then they pushed an upgrade on me. Now I have a real hard time anytime I'm trying to find a program file....(old dog I guess) it's not nearly as intuitive as it should be for a native windows user. My kid made me switch my Linux machine to win7 cuz she hates win10 and wont use it lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
I still have Windows 7 Ultimate that is seven years old. It works fine so there is no need to upgrade in my opinion.

I do need a new PC though, but I'm saving up for something more important and useful. A welding machine.

[-] The following 2 users Like Final's post:
  • run SPOT run , ™ Chronic
(10-07-2016, 07:35 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: I would still be running XP in "Classic mode" if I could. I still fail to see how windows 10 is better...Took me forever to get my win7 to behave like XP, then they pushed an upgrade on me. Now I have a real hard time anytime I'm trying to find a program file....(old dog I guess) it's not nearly as intuitive as it should be for a native windows user. My kid made me switch my Linux machine to win7 cuz she hates win10 and wont use it lol.

I know. I like XP alot.

I talked to our local computer shop guy about upgrade to windows  7 or 10 from XP. First thing he said was to get windows 7. First because most people come back with windows 10 because they don't like it and its a huge program and hard as heck to figure out. Second he said, my computer is minimum for windows 7. That hurt a bit. I love my computer. It's like new. It has 4 gb ram and a dual core processor. My daugter just bought a quad possessor computer so I guess my computer  is old school now lol.  

it needs a format and a complete install for windows 7 from xp .  $149 for format and install  but you don't get the disk.  $200  to keep the disk.  

So I go home and read on the internet that windows is stopping support for Windows 7 already????? not sure if thats true. So it makes sense that I should  buy a new computer with windows 10...right??  what a friggen scam..

I went on ebay to see if I could find windows 7 with a registration number with a a couple installs still left on it but could only find pirated versions of reinstalls and other shady looking deals.  

So if any one has a discarded windows 7 with number and an install left I  might be interested in obtaining it  Big Grin
well..... if you wanna keep your older machine, and finally wanna give windows the middle finger, this is my favorite alternative; https://www.linuxmint.com/
you can make a "live" version on a usb to try it out without installing it. Switching to Linux seems scary until you actually try it. The Mint o.s. is great for folks coming over from windows (especially us oldschoolers). If you really rely on certain windows applications, you can always run Wine which allows you to use windows programs with Linux. The o.s. is half the size of windows, and runs really fast on older machines. With the machine you have, you could easily run Ubuntu (https://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu-flavours) too, it's just a little heavier (kinda like windows size, comes with all the extras included, but works a lil more like a Mac).
Now with the new setup, including a "store" for software (no need for "sudo apt-get" anymore) it's easy to set up and customize your o.s.. Takes about 2 hours to do, but so does a win7 upgrade after all the updates.
  • ™ Chronic
(10-07-2016, 09:17 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: well..... if you wanna keep your older machine, and finally wanna give windows the middle finger, this is my favorite alternative; https://www.linuxmint.com/
you can make a "live" version on a usb to try it out without installing it. Switching to Linux seems scary until you actually try it. The Mint o.s. is great for folks coming over from windows (especially us oldschoolers). If you really rely on certain windows applications, you can always run Wine which allows you to use windows programs with Linux. The o.s. is half the size of windows, and runs really fast on older machines. With the machine you have, you could easily run Ubuntu (https://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu-flavours) too, it's just a little heavier (kinda like windows size, comes with all the extras included, but works a lil more like a Mac).
Now with the new setup, including a "store" for software (no need for "sudo apt-get" anymore) it's easy to set up and customize your o.s.. Takes about 2 hours to do, but so does a win7 upgrade after all the updates.

You know what? I googled  ubuntu desk top just to see what it looked like and I'm definitely interested. I have to take a few days and learn about these operating systems. It doesn't have to do alot of things just has to do them well and quickly lol. So thanks.

Note: I liked how you worded that. " giving windows the middle finger" I think that was a good sales pitch. lol
hahaha check it out! If you like windows XP though, Mint is gonna be intuitive for you right out of the box. Mint is a "mini Ubuntu" essentially, it is just Ubuntu stripped down with a GUI that looks more like windows than mac (everything is in the same spot, Start menu, clock desktop folders, etc). Im thinking about switching my other machine back from win7 to linux, it used to have mint, but I'm thinking about trying Ubuntu Studio seeing as I'm already using half of the software that comes with it, and my kids just use it to surf the web and draw anyway. So find some cheap external storage, and save all of the stuff you need, take an old thumbdrive, and turn it into a bootable usb (after you've downloaded your flavor of linux) and take it for a test drive! Remember, if you use a bootable usb (directions here; https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/...on-windows ) as opposed to burning a dvd installer, you can boot your machine from usb and use the o.s. without actually installing it at no risk to your machine or your files. Or if you have a pile of memory, you can create a large partition, select install along side of windows, and dual boot (have the option to start windows or linux) when you boot up your machine. If you do decide to pull the trigger, just pm me with any questions you have, I've gone linux and back several times (and if I can do it, anyone can!).
Oh yeah, switching your usb drive back to normal (fat32) memory stick is easy to do too, so no worries there either.
  • ™ Chronic
(10-08-2016, 12:55 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: hahaha check it out! If you like windows XP though, Mint is gonna be intuitive for you right out of the box. Mint is a "mini Ubuntu" essentially, it is just Ubuntu stripped down with a GUI that looks more like windows than mac (everything is in the same spot, Start menu, clock desktop folders, etc). Im thinking about switching my other machine back from win7 to linux, it used to have mint, but I'm thinking about trying Ubuntu Studio seeing as I'm already using half of the software that comes with it, and my kids just use it to surf the web and draw anyway. So find some cheap external storage, and save all of the stuff you need, take an old thumbdrive, and turn it into a bootable usb (after you've downloaded your flavor of linux) and take it for a test drive! Remember, if you use a bootable usb (directions here; https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/...on-windows ) as opposed to burning a dvd installer, you can boot your machine from usb and use the o.s. without actually installing it at no risk to your machine or your files. Or if you have a pile of memory, you can create a large partition, select install along side of windows, and dual boot (have the option to start windows or linux) when you boot up your machine. If you do decide to pull the trigger, just pm me with any questions you have, I've gone linux and back several times (and if I can do it, anyone can!).
Oh yeah, switching your usb drive back to normal (fat32) memory stick is easy to do too, so no worries there either.

"you can boot your machine from usb and use the o.s. without actually installing it at no risk to your machine or your files. "  

Now that's  interesting. Data or files would all be stored on the usb stick to then right?
would adobe photo shop be compatible to a linux os?

(10-08-2016, 12:57 AM)Relax Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 01:32 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: Great start to the day. 

Wolf Toxic and canni get whittled down in mass bit by bit as they wage a relentless attack from two sides against Art Of War.  TYL pulls out of the attack to recover after nearly being devoured . Art Of War stays calm  and begins moving in  to attack Toxic Wolfs main mass, while also evading canni. Canni knows there will be trouble if Art Of War succeeds and tries desperately to gain ground on Art Of War ....... I don't know how it ends ,  I had to leave lol. I think @Relax might know   Big Grin   ... Inquiring minds want to know.

[Image: SSartofwar.gif]
Huh... I don't remember exactly, but Dragon King was the guy who took most of my mass and I think he was teaming with an unnamed (I think I gave the rest away or died to them). I didn't die to either of these two. Someone virused the wolf guy, and canni took a bunch, but I popped him and ended up getting it back. Dragon king was somewhere to my right and he's the last guy I remember facing. 

Hope that answers your question! Wink

Yes it does. Thanks.  I had a coffee while watching the battle.  Good show and I hoped you wouldn't mind the posting.     canni and  Wolf Toxic should have gotten a mention for  trying so hard . lol  good job you two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Relax
yes you can run a "live" version, straight off the bootable usb, which wont save any preferences or changes you make once you shut down. Most people use this option as a "test drive" or with RedHat versions of linux that they are using for hacking wifi or other such silly exploits. Basically your o.s. is just a bit of code stored in a partition on your hard drive, and your compy boots from that, but you can go into "boot options" (F12 or whatever your hardware says [just watch the boot screen to find out]) on boot up, and have it boot from usb instead of harddrive. Essentially your entire o.s. (linux) will piggyback on your hardware leaving your normal operating system to hibernate inside it's partition while linux runs the show from the usb until you reboot, "waking up" your normal operating system. Once you decide to use linux, whether or not you dual boot, you just boot from usb and select install! If you dual boot, you will get the option to choose which system you want to use at every boot up.
As far as using your photoshop on linux, you will need the installer (disc or a copy of the program files including the .exe installer file [c/program files/photoshop] and product registration code). You'll need to install Wine first (open terminal and type sudo apt-get install wine [this will grab wine from the internet and install it for you] or you can open the store and search "wine") then install photoshop just like it was on windows. You can always just use GIMP too Wink
As for your personal files (music, documents, photos, whatever...) anything important can be saved to external memory beforehand (usb drive or external drive). For the $150 bucks you would have spent on win7 you could buy a terabyte external drive instead! Me I have a bunch of 30gig thumbdrives laying around, and I don't save much to my hard drives anyway, as most of my music is on vinyl or on youtube, and most of my images are in the cloud. I always say, anything you don't want to lose, you should have backed up externally anyway...it's a good habit to get into. When you sign into chrome/chromium (you dont have to use firefox), all of your history and bookmarks come with it, so your internet with all of your saved passwords and preferences are just like before except your chances of getting a virus are way lower.
  • ™ Chronic
(10-08-2016, 02:33 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: yes you can run a "live" version, straight off the bootable usb, which wont save any preferences or changes you make once you shut down. Most people use this option as a "test drive" or with RedHat versions of linux that they are using for hacking wifi or other such silly exploits. Basically your o.s. is just a bit of code stored in a partition on your hard drive, and your compy boots from that, but you can go into "boot options" (F12 or whatever your hardware says [just watch the boot screen to find out]) on boot up, and have it boot from usb instead of harddrive. Essentially your entire o.s. (linux) will piggyback on your hardware leaving your normal operating system to hibernate inside it's partition while linux runs the show from the usb until you reboot, "waking up" your normal operating system. Once you decide to use linux, whether or not you dual boot, you just boot from usb and select install! If you dual boot, you will get the option to choose which system you want to use at every boot up.
As far as using your photoshop on linux, you will need the installer (disc or a copy of the program files including the .exe installer file [c/program files/photoshop] and product registration code). You'll need to install Wine first (open terminal and type sudo apt-get install wine [this will grab wine from the internet and install it for you] or you can open the store and search "wine") then install photoshop just like it was on windows. You can always just use GIMP too Wink  
As for your personal files (music, documents, photos, whatever...) anything important can be saved to external memory beforehand (usb drive or external drive). For the $150 bucks you would have spent on win7 you could buy a terabyte external drive instead! Me I have a bunch of 30gig thumbdrives laying around, and I don't save much to my hard drives anyway, as most of my music is on vinyl or on youtube, and most of my images are in the cloud. I always say, anything you don't want to lose, you should have backed up externally anyway...it's a good habit to get into. When you sign into chrome/chromium (you dont have to use firefox), all of your history and bookmarks come with it, so your internet with all of your saved passwords and preferences are just like before except your chances of getting a virus are way lower.
 I'm going to do it. I have XP disk anyway for reassurance. I have two partitions on my hard drive. I could keep both operating systems if I wanted to but I think the linux os would be viewed as a separate address for an internet connection, you think? Any way I don't plan on doing that. Was just wondering. Well I'm gonna crash so have a good night and thanks a million.
As far as connectivity goes, you can dual boot and not see any difference since you can only run 1 o.s. at a time. Your IP address is based off your hardware, not your software I think (based off of the IMEI# or some internal ID ). If you want a speedy system, dump windows and do a full single partition on the hard drive.
[Image: 44dd0eb333f54137906288e88cabda38.png]
special thanx @LKD70 for letting me know about Mint...way better than the other distro's I was playing around with before!
  • ™ Chronic
(10-07-2016, 08:08 PM)Final Wrote: I still have Windows 7 Ultimate that is seven years old. It works fine so there is no need to upgrade in my opinion.

I do need a new PC though, but I'm saving up for something more important and useful. A welding machine.

uhhh! nice. A welding machine. I know of a guy that builds utility tailors and sells them. He does it for a hobby. I don't know much about welding. I always wanted one of those small arch welders you buy from the hardware stores. They apparently will weld steel up to 1\16 or 1/8  inch thickness if I remember right. I hear alot of good things about gas welders. People who use them really like them. Good luck with that.