Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agar.io still thrive?
Hello all.
It has sure been a while since i've been around here. 2016-2021 - seems to me like the scene is once again dead or there is servers that of course i don't have any knowledge of. I'm basically writing this post asking if there community is still around?

-Greet,
Web Developer 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dzia 's post:
  • SilverYT_official2
Agma has become a stale and stagnant game unfortunately, yes there are still active communities but its no longer comes across as fun or welcoming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Photonblast's post:
  • Dzia
(10-23-2022, 04:35 AM)Photonblast Wrote: Agma has become a stale and stagnant game unfortunately, yes there are still active communities but its no longer comes across as fun or welcoming.

It's a bit distressing that you say 'unwelcoming'. Is that because people have turned servers into smaller communities, each exploiting the preferred way they play, and they don't want to share?

If that's the case though, I don't really know how it can be fixed. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Dzia
(10-26-2022, 09:41 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-23-2022, 04:35 AM)Photonblast Wrote: Agma has become a stale and stagnant game unfortunately, yes there are still active communities but its no longer comes across as fun or welcoming.

It's a bit distressing that you say 'unwelcoming'. Is that because people have turned servers into smaller communities, each exploiting the preferred way they play, and they don't want to share?

What photonblast means by this is agma is a toxic place. Agmas discord is displayed as a welcoming place for new players to join and talk about agma - related topics or get help on a issue they might be facing, or to simply make friends. Basically communication.
But it's far from that now. I would go as far to say it has never been welcoming and always been full of toxic people. I made an alt about 6 months ago and joined agmas discord, first thing I saw was staff flooding the general chat with bans on each other as a joke, then inappropriate memes which were racist, homophobic and fat shaming. And about 30 images of drugs (also posted by staff). So yeh agma is anything but welcoming.

But what does agmas discord have to do with agma? Well atleast every new player faces an issue instantly. So they go to discord and witness this. It's honestly nauseating that such stuff is considered okay.
Sora's response when questioned about this is "I dont control agmas discord, the staff there do" but you clearly haven't been doing a great job. And from my personal experience I also had my religion disrespected, and was made an outcast for it and eventually banned.

And these same toxic staff will mistreat you on agma if they see you. I've been harassed by several of them, they can only throw their hateful words at me. 
That's why I have left agmas discord.
Because the people there have only the intentions to bring others down. 

And from my personal experience you also wronged me squrriel, you hinted that I'm homophobic, you never believed me and called me a liar when I was banned. You turn a blind eye to all of it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sorry's post:
  • xmaster, xRENDEx

As the communities have become smaller and more closed, agma comes across as a less fun natured web game and more as a (considering declining active players) circle jerk of sorts. At least that's my understanding when I see many communities based around farming (which happens to be the strongest base of players excluding pack players)
(10-26-2022, 03:33 PM)Sorry Wrote:

What photonblast means by this is agma is a toxic place. Agmas discord is displayed as a welcoming place for new players to join and talk about agma - related topics or get help on a issue they might be facing, or to simply make friends. Basically communication.
But it's far from that now. I would go as far to say it has never been welcoming and always been full of toxic people. I made an alt about 6 months ago and joined agmas discord, first thing I saw was staff flooding the general chat with bans on each other as a joke, then inappropriate memes which were racist, homophobic and fat shaming. And about 30 images of drugs (also posted by staff). So yeh agma is anything but welcoming.

But what does agmas discord have to do with agma? Well atleast every new player faces an issue instantly. So they go to discord and witness this. It's honestly nauseating that such stuff is considered okay.
Sora's response when questioned about this is "I dont control agmas discord, the staff there do" but you clearly haven't been doing a great job. And from my personal experience I also had my religion disrespected, and was made an outcast for it and eventually banned.

And these same toxic staff will mistreat you on agma if they see you. I've been harassed by several of them, they can only throw their hateful words at me. 

And from my personal experience you also wronged me squrriel, you hinted that I'm homophobic, you never believed me and called me a liar when I was banned. You turn a blind eye to all of it.
agreed
i eat sumuri's :O
(10-26-2022, 03:33 PM)Sorry Wrote: What photonblast means by this is agma is a toxic place. Agmas discord is displayed as a welcoming place for new players to join and talk about agma - related topics or get help on a issue they might be facing, or to simply make friends. Basically communication.

I don't know who you are, or what came between us. If I had hinted that I thought you were homophobic, it would have been as the result of something that you'd said, or possibly how you reacted around certain people.

I know full well that we each have our issues, and a community such as this faces you with a little of everything. That is what I liked about it. Unfortunately, you have decided to note the worst of it, and maybe weren't around enough to discover the better parts of it. (Cameraderie amongst players)

I also know that, since it is a young community (with myself being the exception, not the rule), young people have a way of bonding with each other, forming smaller groups, and they can kind of 'take over' a community, and see it as their own.

It happens naturally, and in most communities, and it highlights some of the lesser-preferred parts of being human.

But just because a social community like Agma's Discord has a smaller segment of people that are there frequently, does not of itself mean that it is unfriendly. Most of the banter would not have been directed at you. You would have been seen as an outsider, possibly. You can still use that to find other people similar to yourself, and make friendships. It's not a requirement to like the volunteers there, but I am not happy with the way you describe your experience, and would hope we could make improvements.

Everyone has faults. Myself certainly included. And young people do often have a bizarre sense of humour. They find dumb things (like fat-shaming... amongt my faults, I am pretty fat. I don't get that much love from people, so maybe I love food extra... lol) to be 'funny', and it makes them laugh, but there's no part of it that is actually funny. It's more an example of taking a quality (how fat someone is), then mocking it in various ways. An example of working their creativity in negative ways.

That's what young people tend to do.

Not all of them, but a lot of them.

You're not going to change that, and for some of them, it will be years before they 'grow up' (some never do).

For the most part, I would hope the stuff you mentioned does not happen often, and that has been my experience.

I do recall certain Staff who were abusing their privilege of posting pictures, and some who decided it would somehow be okay to post pictures of recreational narcotics in #general.

You never saw this, but I yelled at them long and hard for that. Some of the 'Support' members who were at fault had their roles and privileges removed as a result. And that happened just one time, but it's as if it grew larger than life! The way you would have us believe. it happens on a daily basis, which is false.

Currently, everyone is able to post pictures. (It's on a trial basis that, because young people have a poor sense of what true humour is, I truly believe is going to fail, and the privilege will be removed once again, but who knows... sometimes people can surprise you.)

No community is going to be perfect. No-one is going to like everyone they encounter.

But when you have problems with someone, try sending me or your favourite 'Staff' private messages about it, and maybe something can (or needs) to be done.

~lightbulb moment~

I re-read your message as I was rereading my reply, and I think I DO know who you are. You did do the wrong that I said you did, and your describing it as a hint to me, tells me that you at least considered that you might have said something the wrong way.

I don't fault you for it. Young people grow into themselves! Maturity is gained over a period of years, it doesn't happen in a day!

I have described to you a number of times that I saw some positivity in you, with what you are capable of creating. With one such creation, something that no-one else has ever done for this community you made a very helpful tool that showed others a step-by-step way of creating, as you are capable of.

I asked you if you'd mind if I shared it with others, and you said that I could! And I have used it for people, like yourself, who were interested in that, and weren't really sure how to proceed..

You gave us much willingness to be helpful, and unfortunately, due to the interactions that unfolded, it was not well received.

I am sorry about that, but we operate with strictly volunteers, and we make the best of what we have available to us, with it's inherent flaws and all. I can't change people, I can only try to perhaps point out a couple poignant things, and get them to take a harder look at themselves, to see if maayyyyybe they could see why I said what I did.

I am not a magician or a miracle-worker.

And I supported you, until some fool found a screenshot of you saying things that simply could not hide a fault that is undeniable and glaring. It's okay. I am quite sure that in time, you will grow and understand, and be different.

For the present time, we each have to decide whether to accept you, or... something else. I know that you are not hateful (in general; but you can seriously dislike some of what has been done TO you, and in that you have every right). I know for a fact that you desire to be helpful, because I have the proof of that in something that took you a long time to do, in a language that you still have not fully mastered (English).

I have always accepted you, and still do, because of the helpful and positive hopes that you have.

Behind the scenes I have tried to lessen the effects on you, and have unfortunately, not been successful, because the people who wronged you continue to believe that they were right to.

I am going to do something that you asked me to in a day or so. (Just so you know I really do know who you are!)

It's unfortunate, what has happened to you by means of the Discord community, and you did not deserve most of it. But I cannot force people to understand a wrong, I can only scold them, try to explain it, and hope they will take a new look at themselves to see if maybe there was some merit to what I said.

I continue to battle pretty much the same thing you are.

There's no way to see how it turns out, but to stick around. There's no reason to bet on me, except that I'm not a quitter, and I have never had a problem with self-inspection, and finding a new way to be a better version of myself.

It is, afterall, what I think everyone's main goal is, as a generailty, in this thing we call 'life'!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
I really appreciate your in-depth response squirrel. But the issues are bigger than you see it as.
Me and sinned both spent a lot of money to achieve the levels we are in Agma.io, But people like day constantly get away with cheating. Sora doesn't care. Day used a script that would farm him levels while he could be sleeping. He cheated for a hell of a lot more than 14 levels. But that's all Sora removed. And a ban until mid-November. If I was offered 20,000,000 xp for a ban until mid-November you best bet, I'd be taking that deal.

Sora doesn't care about Arabs who have cheated for 100's of millions in fast/slow split virus farm using the afk bot script, He told me any time I see them just send the players name and time, but he never replied to my countless reports.
DoctorFinkle has tried for half a year to convince Sora to stop this, but Sora still doesn't care, the bots ruin my favourite server on agma. It also makes the game unbalanced because these players have alts with 100+ million coins which could end any war.

There is no point playing agma because no justice exists.
But it is soras problem, I have began playing agma without being p2w and will remain that way until the problems myself and the community face are dealt with, I know my money doesn't mean much to sora, but I've had lots of people join me such as sinned who has spent enough for a deposit on a house on agma. So together we will be stronger.
(11-04-2022, 09:32 AM)Sorry Wrote: I really appreciate your in-depth response squirrel. But the issues are bigger than you see it as.
Me and sinned both spent a lot of money to achieve the levels we are in Agma.io, But people like day constantly get away with cheating. Sora doesn't care. Day used a script that would farm him levels while he could be sleeping.  He cheated for a hell of a lot more than 14 levels. But that's all Sora removed. And a ban until mid-November. If I was offered 20,000,000 xp for a ban until mid-November you best bet, I'd be taking that deal.

Sora doesn't care about Arabs who have cheated for 100's of millions in fast/slow split virus farm using the afk bot script, He told me any time I see them just send the players name and time, but he never replied to my countless reports.
DoctorFinkle has tried for half a year to convince Sora to stop this, but Sora still doesn't care, the bots ruin my favourite server on agma. It also makes the game unbalanced because these players have alts with 100+ million coins which could end any war.

There is no point playing agma because no justice exists.
But it is soras problem, I have began playing agma without being p2w and will remain that way until the problems myself and the community face are dealt with, I know my money doesn't mean much to sora, but I've had lots of people join me such as sinned who has spent enough for a deposit on a house on agma. So together we will be stronger.

we live in a society
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin