Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
why isnt this a thing
right-click to report players to @Sora and moderation team

ez
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Sora
Would require too much time to moderate and check all kinds of reports (both false and legitimate)
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • nachochesse, SilverYT_official2, Squirrel
(07-09-2022, 07:13 PM)Sora Wrote: Would require too much time to moderate and check all kinds of reports (both false and legitimate)
you could have logs attached to the report so that mods can see the chat of the time of the report (if it's reporting toxic behaviour) which would be the only logical application anyways
not sure that all reports need to be reviewed tho
if a mod can't connect to server bc of max players or the user has already disconnected (by the time mod comes) then they would still be able to do smth about it
mods could also be notified and take care of things that happened while they were offline

... on a side note, should rly add the suggestion of making contextmenu work with minions
[-] The following 1 user Likes kidmaletteo's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(07-09-2022, 07:13 PM)Sora Wrote: Would require too much time to moderate and check all kinds of reports (both false and legitimate)

Players report other players in Discord and most of the time action cannot be taken because the offender's username is usually unknown. Having a system where players can report directly through Agma would prevent people from getting away with everything simply because their username is hidden.

Another issue is that mods usually don't even see reports in Discord until hours later, when the offender is already gone. I'm not sure how much memory space this would require, but another idea I have is that everything that each player did in the last ~5 minutes would be temporarily saved in a video. This way, if a player is using illegal scripts, putting viruses in r1, etc., then when that player is reported, mods would be able to see the username and review the video.

Probly Yes, and I need your help on dm in discord ^^.
you can also think about new moderators on Agario Forums.netWink Good day for all Wink

Need Help? Ask
(07-10-2022, 04:42 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:

Players report other players in Discord and most of the time action cannot be taken because the offender's username is usually unknown. Having a system where players can report directly through Agma would prevent people from getting away with everything simply because their username is hidden.

Another issue is that mods usually don't even see reports in Discord until hours later, when the offender is already gone. I'm not sure how much memory space this would require, but another idea I have is that everything that each player did in the last ~5 minutes would be temporarily saved in a video. This way, if a player is using illegal scripts, putting viruses in r1, etc., then when that player is reported, mods would be able to see the username and review the video.

@Sora This is a good idea. Implement it.
So tired of players getting away with shit at nighttime just because the only mod (Light) is asleep.

Can't play the game at night because of these selfish pricks farming with bot scripts and putting all viruses in r1.

And your solution is to ban all of Turkey?

What about the Hispanics? What about the Vietnamese? What about the Filipinos?

Cheaters come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Banning a whole ass country is not the fucking solution.

Do this right @Sora.
@Sora wake up
(07-09-2022, 01:19 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: right-click to report players to @Sora and moderation team

ez

You described the easy part.

Now try your hand with the rest!

- Where do notifications queue?
- What happens to them if there's no-one available to act on it?
- How do you encourage volunteers donating their time to do a tedious and unrewarding task that more often than not, just pulls them into the middle of someone else's squabble?
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(10-26-2022, 10:10 AM)Squirrel Wrote: - Where do notifications queue?

All reports would be logged in a list built into the game for mods to view.

(10-26-2022, 10:10 AM)Squirrel Wrote: - What happens to them if there's no-one available to act on it?

That's the exact problem with Discord right now, someone reports an invisible unnamed user for breaking a rule, just for a mod to see the report hours later when the player is already gone. Reporting users directly through Agma would also send the username so that mods are able take action even after the fact.

(10-26-2022, 10:10 AM)Squirrel Wrote: - How do you encourage volunteers donating their time to do a tedious and unrewarding task that more often than not, just pulls them into the middle of someone else's squabble?

Isn't it a moderator's job to moderate?

And I honestly couldn't care less about people's "squabble" in the chat, there's a mute button for a reason. I'm more concerned about selfish players who are actively making the game unplayable to satisfy their cheap farming needs (e.g. putting the viruses in R1, using illegal bot scripts). Maybe when a player reports someone, they would have to select a category (abusing chat, viruses in R1, illegal scripts, etc.) so that mods can prioritize serious issues over petty ones.
Regardless, in-game action requires a moderator to notice. Discord is not becessarily the best place for that because a lot of us, while Discord is usually running, we only occasionally pay attention to it.

Maybe if a whisper were possible system wide (ie: even if player and target of their whisper were on two completely different servers), there'd be another way to possibly quickly get hold of a moderator, and get them to act on something. (I am trying to think of simple things that would not be too challenging to implement, thus making it easier on Sora. In the end though, it all falls to what he can do and what he has time for.)

And yes, it's a moderator's job to moderate. I'm just reminding you that: a) being a moderator is a generally thankless job; b) people dislike doing it; and c) we rely completely on people who have volunteered their time, but they decide how much or how little of it they do. We just decide, in the end, if we want their help or not.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
On the PS4, the last 15 minutes of gameplay is automatically stored in the memory to view/share. An idea that I was thinking of is for a video of the entire map to be temporarily stored (the length of the video depending on memory limitations) with the players' usernames on their cells for moderators to review if a player chooses to attach the video to the report. This may be difficult to implement, but it would be beneficial in the long run because it would deter players from cheating since they can no longer bank on the staff team being asleep.

(11-03-2022, 03:39 PM)Squirrel Wrote: Maybe if a whisper were possible system wide (ie: even if player and target of their whisper were on two completely different servers), there'd be another way to possibly quickly get hold of a moderator, and get them to act on something.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

Most of the new players don't even know about the Agma.io discord server. Adding on to that, some players don't even have discord. I have been falsely banned from the Agma.io discord server for 3 years now (thanks to @Squirrel !).

Most of the new players don't even know about the Agma.io discord server. Adding on to that, some players don't even have discord. I have been falsely banned from the Agma.io discord server for 3 years now (thanks to @Squirrel !).