Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Megaphone Shouts
1) Proactive Shout Removal
When a shout is first made, only mods would be able to see the shout, and they would have ~10 seconds to approve/disapprove the shout before the shout is shown to others. If no mod approves/disapproves the shout during this time, then the shout is automatically approved and shown to others.

2) Disable Viewing Shouts
Players who do not wish to see shouts should have the option to disable viewing shouts. If they only wish to view certain types of shouts, there could be an option to show/hide certain categories (YouTube, Server Invites, Spam, Other, etc.). When a player makes a shout, they would have to select one or more categories, and only those who have at least one of those categories enabled would be able to view the shout.
[-] The following 4 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • fisa, nachochesse, SilverYT_official2, Squirrel
yes, I agree with you, I think it's a good idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRoxy's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
I love this idea

[Image: bannerdiscor.gif]   

[-] The following 1 user Likes fisa's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(05-04-2022, 08:02 PM)fisa Wrote: I love this idea

https://postimg.cc/dkbGBZMt

Where did you find this pfp? Looks nice Cool
(05-05-2022, 01:43 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 08:02 PM)fisa Wrote: I love this idea

https://postimg.cc/dkbGBZMt

Where did you find this pfp? Looks nice Cool

Thank you  Cool , I found this pfp on Google. I like black-ish background pfp's , it represents me.

[Image: bannerdiscor.gif]   

[-] The following 1 user Likes fisa's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(05-04-2022, 06:40 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: 1) Proactive Shout Removal
When a shout is first made, only mods would be able to see the shout, and they would have ~10 seconds to approve/disapprove the shout before the shout is shown to others. If no mod approves/disapproves the shout during this time, then the shout is automatically approved and shown to others.

Players who do not wish to see shouts should have the option to disable viewing shouts. If they only wish to view certain types of shouts, there could be an option to show/hide certain categories (YouTube, Server Invites, Spam, Other, etc.). When a player makes a shout, they would have to select one or more categories, and only those who have at least one of those categories enabled would be able to view the shout.

this is a bad idea.  bc what makes shouts fun is the instantaneous feeling to it.  It makes the shout relevant to something that could have just happened or makes a shout conversation possible.  If there were a ten second delay it would be annoying to try and shout with multiple people trying to shout.  not to mention a huge work load for moderators to keep up with.
(10-20-2022, 05:07 AM)Kellaers Wrote: Megaphones are the go-to device for conveying a clear, concise sound over a long distance. They're popular in trade shows, concerts, and political rallies, but if you're like me and prefer to use them on your own instead of at such events, you might find it difficult to know what to say or when to say it. This is where megaphone shouts come in handy. With this guide, I'll explain how this technology works and show you step-by-step how to use it properly.

LOL
(05-04-2022, 06:40 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: 1) Proactive Shout Removal

I like this idea.

Also, Mindless doesn't like it. That's another sign that it's a good idea!

But of course, as it's always been, in the end, coming up with ideas are easier than implementing them.

Also, I can't see too many mods paying close attention to a queue of shouts when they are probably just trying to have some fun (ie: playing). I kind of think the only outcomes would be... the 10s delay; needing to reserve another buffer for queued shouts. and planning for the dimwits who purposely try to overflood that.

Anotherwords: More headache than it's worth.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!