Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Warning to all Users Regarding Links
Today for the first time, I noted that a likely bot made a simple reply to one of our messages, and injected a likely infected link into the content of the message it was replying to.

This means that if you typically say to yourself, "Oh, this link must be okay. Squirrel posted it!", it's time to update your "Safe Web Practises" again. Fortunately I read the affected message fairly soon after it was made, deleted it, then banned the user. But if this has happened, it will likely happen again.

It means that:
You can no longer trust links by Author if you find them in a 'Reply'.

Please be on the lookout for this, and do not click those links that were not in the original messages!!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, nachochesse, SilverYT_official2
(02-16-2022, 04:32 PM)Squirrel Wrote: Today for the first time, I noted that a likely bot made a simple reply to one of our messages, and injected a likely infected link into the content of the message it was replying to.

This means that if you typically say to yourself, "Oh, this link must be okay. Squirrel posted it!", it's time to update your "Safe Web Practises" again. Fortunately I read the affected message fairly soon after it was made, deleted it, then banned the user. But if this has happened, it will likely happen again.

It means that:
You can no longer trust links by Author if you find them in a 'Reply'.

Please be on the lookout for this, and do not click those links that were not in the original messages!!

good that you noticed that, Squirrel is the defender of the forum, a user like you is only once in every 10,000 users. bots will be afraid of you Mh Watch out for their owners ^^.

Need Help? Ask
I suggest everyone to use a link checker and scan links before opening them, just to be safe.

[Image: bannerdiscor.gif]   

[-] The following 2 users Like fisa's post:
  • SilverYT_official2, Squirrel
(02-21-2022, 04:13 PM)fisa Wrote: I suggest everyone to use a link checker and scan links before opening them, just to be safe.

It's not a bad idea.

Most virus checkers and malware detectors have this sort of feature available -- all you have to do is allow it to be on.

Of course, it will only detect/remove links that were reported to it, so if you do that, don't think that you no longer have to worry.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • SilverYT_official2