Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How's THIS for 'Crazy'!
I just read this in an article, and my mouth dropped open, I laughed and thought, 'Only in Canada do these things happen!'

Check it out:

The Journal de Montreal did some digging on James Awad, the unrepentant impresario who organized the Dec. 30 Sunwing charter flight to Cancun that became notorious for scenes of drunken partying in the aisles. Reporters found that Awad (whose source of income is still not entirely known) has spent more than $6 million systematically buying up luxury homes on a single street in the north of Montreal and then surrounding the properties with bizarre, Romanesque marble statues. “Welcome to Zone 3, a restricted zone in the 111 resort. This zone was built for personal use. Trespassing could result in instant death,” reads the inscription at the base of one such statue.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 6 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter, Mobile-Agma, QueenOfQueens, SilverYT_official2, xRENDEx
Sounds like he strongly dislikes having neighbours
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 2 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • QueenOfQueens, Squirrel
Shocked 
Sounds like it came from a MOVIE 
"woke, broke and still a joke"

[Image: 7e897b6676be00c10e4468918bfdf7f8.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Custom's post:
  • QueenOfQueens
(01-12-2022, 10:12 PM)Custom Wrote: Sounds like it came from a MOVIE 

Lol!  Perhaps this nutbar thinks they will eventually make a movie about his crazy life? Narcissism comes in  few more interesting flavours than just the 'power' one, I guess! (Like remember the basketball star, Rhodman. Not sure if I'm spelling that right. He was crazy, liked being in the spotlight, but it was not about power for him either.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter, QueenOfQueens
(01-13-2022, 01:40 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 10:12 PM)Custom Wrote: Sounds like it came from a MOVIE 

Lol!  Perhaps this nutbar thinks they will eventually make a movie about his crazy life? Narcissism comes in  few more interesting flavours than just the 'power' one, I guess! (Like remember the basketball star, Rhodman. Not sure if I'm spelling that right. He was crazy, liked being in the spotlight, but it was not about power for him either.)

Dennis Rodman yes anyone our age should remember this character. I’m not sure if it a statement he made or he actually did it but I believe he wanted to play his last game in the N.B.A. naked (probably didn’t happen. But he did become close friends with South Korea’s fearless leader Kim Jong Un. Again proof that reality is more bizarre than fiction. And if that’s not enough proof how about the longest televised slowest police chase with O.J Simpson. The 90’s were interesting times indeed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • QueenOfQueens, Squirrel
(01-13-2022, 05:21 PM)Jupiter Wrote:     Dennis Rodman yes anyone our age should remember this character. I’m not sure if it a statement he made or he actually did it but I believe he wanted to play his last game in the N.B.A. naked (probably didn’t happen. But he did become close friends with South Korea’s fearless leader Kim Jong Un. Again proof that reality is more bizarre than fiction. And if that’s not enough proof how about the longest televised slowest police chase with O.J Simpson. The 90’s were interesting times indeed.

Hah!!

OJ was innocent, yeah. Innocent as sin.

(Did I say dat wrong?!)

The agents trailing that Bronco probably had a bet going on where he was headed!

I bet half of them hoped he would find a nice steep cliff where he could plow through the guardrail, tumble to his death and save the taxpayers a lot of money!
Fight the Good Fight
  • Jupiter, QueenOfQueens

The only thing i remember about Dennis Rodman was that he was once married to Carmen Electra.

[Image: Carmen-Elektra-as-Lani-McKenzie.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post:
  • Squirrel , xRENDEx
(01-13-2022, 08:54 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:21 PM)Jupiter Wrote:     Dennis Rodman yes anyone our age should remember this character. I’m not sure if it a statement he made or he actually did it but I believe he wanted to play his last game in the N.B.A. naked (probably didn’t happen. But he did become close friends with South Korea’s fearless leader Kim Jong Un. Again proof that reality is more bizarre than fiction. And if that’s not enough proof how about the longest televised slowest police chase with O.J Simpson. The 90’s were interesting times indeed.

Hah!!

OJ was innocent, yeah. Innocent as sin.

(Did I say dat wrong?!)

The agents trailing that Bronco probably had a bet going on where he was headed!

I bet half of them hoped he would find a nice steep cliff where he could plow through the guardrail, tumble to his death and save the taxpayers a lot of money!

Big huge mistake I mentioned Kim Un Jung as South Korea´s leader. Way off, I meant to say North Korea. Can't believe I made that mistake.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • QueenOfQueens, Squirrel , xRENDEx
(01-13-2022, 01:40 PM)Squirrel Wrote: Lol!  Perhaps this nutbar thinks they will eventually make a movie about his crazy life?
~~snip snip

I’ve never heard the term “nutbar” before, but when I first read it I laughed. My mom says “nutjob”, and I would guess that they mean the same thing, but that’s a funny way to say it.
On another note, I could think up a couple different movie plots inspired by this guy, all of his houses, and strange statues.
Maybe one day I’ll come to appreciate yard statues more, but while I can admire them and the work put into making them, I don’t think I’d ever find myself buying any for my own yard.
Julia.#7089 On Discord (:
Heart
(01-15-2022, 01:45 AM)QueenOfQueens Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 01:40 PM)Squirrel Wrote: Lol!  Perhaps this nutbar thinks they will eventually make a movie about his crazy life?
~~snip snip

I’ve never heard the term “nutbar” before, but when I first read it I laughed. My mom says “nutjob”, and I would guess that they mean the same thing, but that’s a funny way to say it.
On another note, I could think up a couple different movie plots inspired by this guy, all of his houses, and strange statues.
Maybe one day I’ll come to appreciate yard statues more, but while I can admire them and the work put into making them, I don’t think I’d ever find myself buying any for my own yard.

Once upon a time, I knew a budding doctor whom I was pretty close friends with. She and I were in the on-line community. I actually was challenged to a pizza-eating contest by her younger sister! (I won, but just barely because everyone was rooting for her, rofl!)

My doctor friend had a mischievous spirit, and when she and a few friends would go driving around the countryside, if they came across a garden gnome that caught their eye, they would make plans to come back under cover of darkness, take the gnome, and leave it somewhere not too far away in as embarrassing a pose as possible! (LOL!)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter, QueenOfQueens, SilverYT_official2
(01-12-2022, 01:38 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I just read this in an article, and my mouth dropped open, I laughed and thought, 'Only in Canada do these things happen!'

Check it out:

The Journal de Montreal did some digging on James Awad, the unrepentant impresario who organized the Dec. 30 Sunwing charter flight to Cancun that became notorious for scenes of drunken partying in the aisles. Reporters found that Awad (whose source of income is still not entirely known) has spent more than $6 million systematically buying up luxury homes on a single street in the north of Montreal and then surrounding the properties with bizarre, Romanesque marble statues. “Welcome to Zone 3, a restricted zone in the 111 resort. This zone was built for personal use. Trespassing could result in instant death,” reads the inscription at the base of one such statue.

he doesn't seem to like people living around him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mobile-Agma's post:
  • QueenOfQueens, SilverYT_official2
(01-19-2022, 03:03 AM)Mobile-Agma Wrote: he doesn't seem to like people living around him.

That is quite possible! But it is pretty crazy. He would have paid top-dollar for the first few properties. His presence there has likely lowered the price that anyone could hope to get on their property if they wanted to leave. So if he continues to buy, he will continue to devalue his own properties in the hopes of what -- making a dead zone where there are no normal residents??
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Mobile-Agma, QueenOfQueens, SilverYT_official2
For what Purpose other than to devalue his own assets, I don't see a reason for doing that. But if he really values his privacy then maybe that is why.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mobile-Agma's post:
  • Squirrel
(01-18-2022, 11:43 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 01:45 AM)QueenOfQueens Wrote:
~~snip snip

Once upon a time, I knew a budding doctor whom I was pretty close friends with. She and I were in the on-line community. I actually was challenged to a pizza-eating contest by her younger sister! (I won, but just barely because everyone was rooting for her, rofl!)

My doctor friend had a mischievous spirit, and when she and a few friends would go driving around the countryside, if they came across a garden gnome that caught their eye, they would make plans to come back under cover of darkness, take the gnome, and leave it somewhere not too far away in as embarrassing a pose as possible! (LOL!)
              “ In as embarrassing a pose as possible “. I can think a few positions but would need another gnome or animal figurine. Maybe it’s best I don’t know  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • Squirrel
(01-19-2022, 02:45 PM)Mobile-Agma Wrote: For what Purpose other than to devalue his own assets, I don't see a reason for doing that. But if he really values his privacy then maybe that is why.

Still, try to imagine how many properties you would have to successfully buy for that to happen?  Think of the Property Tax you would have to pay on essentially useless properties! Not to mention, where the heck do you get a steady supply of 'Romanesque' statues with nutbar inscriptions??!?!

Probably the guy has a friend who is a budding artist -- a scupltor -- who is having the time of his life creating Brad-Pitt-look-alikes that are sprouting off about Death Ray magic from outer space!

(01-19-2022, 08:33 PM)Jupiter Wrote:               “ In as embarrassing a pose as possible “. I can think a few positions but would need another gnome or animal figurine. Maybe it’s best I don’t know  Big Grin

Oh, you have no idea!!!

They once plotted out one poor target-house that the homeowner would have awakened only to find more than 10 garden gnomes arranged in positions depicting a sex orgy!!

I think they even had a bodyguard-gnome that was kind of making sure no-one else would bother the other amourous gnomes!

She would call and tell me these stories, and we would just be howling with laughter!

And I must say, we had a few 'human targets' of our own -- idiot-children who said the most outrageous things on-line, only to have two sudden somewhat-related 'doubles' that were making a live parody of the person's foolishness. (I must admit, I was young then, and nowhere near 'mature', but she and I would have left (user whose name is omitted but you can guess) in a mad rage, and the rest of the on-line community with aching sides and tears!)

(All my neighbours thought I was plumb crazy, laughing so loud, so often, when they knew I had no TV and there was no-one over visiting! LOL!)
Fight the Good Fight
  • Jupiter, Mobile-Agma