Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How's THIS for 'Crazy'!
(01-20-2022, 11:31 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 02:45 PM)Mobile-Agma Wrote: For what Purpose other than to devalue his own assets, I don't see a reason for doing that. But if he really values his privacy then maybe that is why.

Still, try to imagine how many properties you would have to successfully buy for that to happen?  Think of the Property Tax you would have to pay on essentially useless properties! Not to mention, where the heck do you get a steady supply of 'Romanesque' statues with nutbar inscriptions??!?!

Probably the guy has a friend who is a budding artist -- a scupltor -- who is having the time of his life creating Brad-Pitt-look-alikes that are sprouting off about Death Ray magic from outer space!

(01-19-2022, 08:33 PM)Jupiter Wrote:               “ In as embarrassing a pose as possible “. I can think a few positions but would need another gnome or animal figurine. Maybe it’s best I don’t know  Big Grin

Oh, you have no idea!!!

They once plotted out one poor target-house that the homeowner would have awakened only to find more than 10 garden gnomes arranged in positions depicting a sex orgy!!

I think they even had a bodyguard-gnome that was kind of making sure no-one else would bother the other amourous gnomes!

She would call and tell me these stories, and we would just be howling with laughter!

And I must say, we had a few 'human targets' of our own -- idiot-children who said the most outrageous things on-line, only to have two sudden somewhat-related 'doubles' that were making a live parody of the person's foolishness. (I must admit, I was young then, and nowhere near 'mature', but she and I would have left (user whose name is omitted but you can guess) in a mad rage, and the rest of the on-line community with aching sides and tears!)

(All my neighbours thought I was plumb crazy, laughing so loud, so often, when they knew I had no TV and there was no-one over visiting! LOL!)
    Here is my opinion on people who collect garden gnomes; hope I don’t come across as harsh. Owning one or two of these weird little guys is O.K. but I think when you start filling your yard with these tiny little freaks it says to me and any young prankster like yourself back then, “Please screw with me” cause I need to be played with.
   I mean let’s get serious here, when you have a collection of ceramic midgets that have weird names like Brinder or Winkelthorpe that have different personalities belong to different clans such as tree clan or middle earth clan. Maybe you are asking for a late night visit from the neighbourhood prankster to reposition your “special little fellas”.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • Squirrel
(02-16-2022, 08:24 AM)diyowe Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:38 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I just read this in an article, and my mouth dropped open, I laughed and thought, 'Only in Canada do these things happen!'

Check it out:

The Journal de Montreal did some digging on James Awad, the unrepentant impresario who organized the Dec. 30 Sunwing charter flight to Cancun that became notorious for scenes of drunken partying in the aisles. Reporters found that Awad (whose source of income is still not entirely known) has spent more than $6 million systematically buying up luxury homes on a single street in the north of Montreal and then surrounding the properties with bizarre, Romanesque marble statues. https://suspectedevillinkobfuscated.com “Welcome to Zone 3, a restricted zone in the 111 resort. This zone was built for personal use. Trespassing could result in instant death,” reads the inscription at the base of one such statue.

Lol
@Sora you need to be aware of this.

This is the first time I've seen this, and I am concerned. It's the first time I've seen a bot (maybe it was an actual person? but seems doubtful)
make a simple reply to an existing message, but inject a URL into that post that was not originally there!

This message raised an instant red flag for me, because I do not generally have links in my messages, and was pretty sure I didn't reference the original article I'd seen. (In my experience, trying to do that fails anyways, because the sites that give magazine/journal/periodical content try to make sure the viewer first has an account with them, so they can encourage them to pay/subscribe.)

I have obfuscated the link, and will ban the user following making this post.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!