Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An idea for a retro-style clan
Hey. Remember agar.io's glory days back in August-October (at least i've always thought of those months as the "glory days") of 2015? When it was awesome to have your clan work as a team and take over leaderboards instead of showing off all the useless skills you have? I miss the days of clans like Poker, [KOA], <R>, [(insert sun emoji)], [KBN], and those other asian ones. I always felt a sense of togetherness and camaraderie when playing with those clans (even if I wasn't a member sometimes I would fake a name just to play with them) and now all agar.io clans are about are "editing montages" "trolling" "360somethingsplits" "9999 BOTS OMG" "CLICKBAIT TITLE EVEN THOUGH ALL WE DID WAS LIKE 2 USELESS TRICKS." And even though people blame Miniclip for many things (and yes, Miniclip is partially at fault) the players also have ruined portions of this game. I want to bring back the days of taking over leaderboards with pure domination. If you want to be a part of this, reply I guess. This is just an idea, nothing is confirmed yet. I won't have that much time to work with the clan because of school and work, so I would have someone else lead the clan for the most part, and I would periodically check in. So yeah, any ideas would be nice, have a good day! Big Grin
~Hori
[-] The following 4 users Like Horizon's post:
  • Mikasa, run SPOT run , Voakie , ™ Chronic
Good times back then, and your idea is awesome!

Though I don't play Agar.io regularly, I totally support your idea.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 2 users Like Mikasa's post:
  • Horizon, ™ Chronic
(09-27-2016, 02:03 PM)Horizon Wrote: Hey. Remember agar.io's glory days back in August-October (at least i've always thought of those months as the "glory days") of 2015? When it was awesome to have your clan work as a team and take over leaderboards instead of showing off all the useless skills you have? I miss the days of clans like Poker, [KOA], <R>, [(insert sun emoji)], [KBN], and those other asian ones. I always felt a sense of togetherness and camaraderie when playing with those clans (even if I wasn't a member sometimes I would fake a name just to play with them) and now all agar.io clans are about are "editing montages" "trolling" "360somethingsplits" "9999 BOTS OMG" "CLICKBAIT TITLE EVEN THOUGH ALL WE DID WAS LIKE 2 USELESS TRICKS." And even though people blame Miniclip for many things (and yes, Miniclip is partially at fault) the players also have ruined portions of this game. I want to bring back the days of taking over leaderboards with pure domination. If you want to be a part of this, reply I guess. This is just an idea, nothing is confirmed yet. I won't have that much time to work with the clan because of school and work, so I would have someone else lead the clan for the most part, and I would periodically check in. So yeah, any ideas would be nice, have a good day! Big Grin

I wasn't around in the old game days but that sounds like a clan I would want to be part of. There would actually be a reason for joining.
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Horizon
(09-27-2016, 05:46 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote: I wasn't around in the old game days but that sounds like a clan I would want to be part of. There would actually be a reason for joining.

The old days were the best days in my opinion, sorry you werent there! Thanks for the support though, it will be tough for me to manage them since I have very little free time but hopefully it works out! Smile

(09-27-2016, 03:10 PM)Mikasa Wrote: Good times back then, and your idea is awesome!

Thanks for the support, Im not very active either, I would be more active if I had more time, so all support is appreciated!
~Hori
(09-27-2016, 08:49 PM)Horizon Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 05:46 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote: I wasn't around in the old game days but that sounds like a clan I would want to be part of. There would actually be a reason for joining.

The old days were the best days in my opinion, sorry you werent there! Thanks for the support though, it will be tough for me to manage them since I have very little free time but hopefully it works out! Smile

(09-27-2016, 03:10 PM)Mikasa Wrote: Good times back then, and your idea is awesome!

Thanks for the support, Im not very active either, I would be more active if I had more time, so all support is appreciated!

Do you have any more detail in mind?  How would you set it up?  Would you have a minimum age? or minimal skill requirement? would you except beginner players?  I don't know much about running clans so I'm just curious.
Bullies have personal issues.
I would have no real age requirement, seeing as I am relatively young myself, no skill requirements, you don't need to know any fancy tricks, all this clan would require from you is an ability to play as a team. An example would be if your teammate was in trouble and his teammate was dead or far away, you should be able to abandon the current duo you are in and help him. More details to come! Smile
~Hori
Ahhh...the good ol days...thats where I learned to play different names all the time! I started out as FOOD (in the very beginning) until that started getting copied 
(as far as I know, I was the first FOOD lol) then got into being creative. I was $kinNyDiCk! for awhile after that, and settled on runSPOTrun after a whole host of other names (BLOBba the Hut was one of my faves too lol).... PM me if you ever get this thing runnin. I pretty much only play rapid split servers (such as our beloved AGF server) these days, but I'd be happy to slow my roll and join in for a good time on straight ol agar.io. I used to dominate there, but as a soloist, rarely have the patience these days to wait 20-30 min to hit the leaderboard lol. Anyway, count me in for a blast from the past!... heck I might even play as runSPOTrun! (gonna be hard to get back into strategy instead of reflex play, but I can hack it hahaha)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-09-2016, 03:57 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Ahhh...the good ol days...thats where I learned to play different names all the time! I started out as FOOD (in the very beginning) until that started getting copied 
(as far as I know, I was the first FOOD lol) then got into being creative. I was $kinNyDiCk! for awhile after that, and settled on runSPOTrun after a whole host of other names (BLOBba the Hut was one of my faves too lol).... PM me if you ever get this thing runnin. I pretty much only play rapid split servers (such as our beloved AGF server) these days, but I'd be happy to slow my roll and join in for a good time on straight ol agar.io. I used to dominate there, but as a soloist, rarely have the patience these days to wait 20-30 min to hit the leaderboard lol. Anyway, count me in for a blast from the past!... heck I might even play as runSPOTrun! (gonna be hard to get back into strategy instead of reflex play, but I can hack it hahaha)

Don't worry, idea post coming soon, I'll try to launch this weekend. Sunday and Monday will be the biggest 2 days for the clan's growth (maybe xD) no need to worry about skill level as long as you can work as a team! Strength in numbers has always been one of my Agar.io mottos after all! (Hey that's not a bad clan name idea, Strength in Numbers!)
~Hori
Really good idea bro.I dont like agar.io community at all now.Hopefully i can be part of this Smile