Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Abusing Mods
Today I tried giving my mass away to a near by player before leaving.  There was nobody around and the nearest player was tiny.  I split back to make my cells smaller, started feeding the small player so he can eat the rest of me... but then out of no where Coffee Time comes out of the portal from Room 2.  He was big enough to split at and eat the larger portion of my mass, but I continued to feed the player I was feeding so they can have a chance with mass I wanted to gift.  

Then a mod froze that player!  For Coffee Time to eat..  My gift I was excited to give was a loss  Confused . 

There was no teaming.

Am I not aloud to give my mass anymore when I am leaving?

I am fairly sure this mod was Demone.  Demone do you give your mass away when you leave?  Why am I not aloud to do the same??
Moderators sometimes make mistakes- they are human beings after all!
But isn’t it better that way than having no protection against teamers at all?  Idea
[-] The following 6 users Like Redfox's post:
  • Démone, fisa, nachochesse, QueenOfQueens, Sora, Squirrel
(12-12-2020, 05:25 AM)Mindless Wrote:
Today I tried giving my mass away to a near by player before leaving.  There was nobody around and the nearest player was tiny.  I split back to make my cells smaller, started feeding the small player so he can eat the rest of me... but then out of no where Coffee Time comes out of the portal from Room 2.  He was big enough to split at and eat the larger portion of my mass, but I continued to feed the player I was feeding so they can have a chance with mass I wanted to gift.  

Then a mod froze that player!  For Coffee Time to eat..  My gift I was excited to give was a loss  Confused . 

There was no teaming.

I am fairly sure this mod was Demone.  Demone do you give your mass away when you leave?  Why am I not aloud to do the same??

Congratulations!

I must admit, when I saw the next message that I was going to read was from 'Mindless', I groaned, and wondered what drama has occured now.

But it wasn't that bad at all!

You raise a valid point. Likely, whoever was viewing you, and decided to do what they did, did that based on past experiences of watching you play, and the moves and things that you did then.

Every time that you distribute unusual 'power' in any realm to someone, you necessarily raise the risk of corruption. And I hope that you realize that it is messages like yours, and the fears of the singled-out moderators who read them, helps to keep them 'in line' so to speak.

As Redfox suggested, I think that this was likely a case of a simple mistake. We all make them!

But were there a Moderator who, such as the police in America who should never have been given a gun and a uniform, and asked to 'protect the people', so too, if Sora discovers that a moderator has allowed the 'power to go to their heads', it is a simple as pie matter for him to remove their abilities again!

So know that your messages, and cases brought against moderators are encouraged. But know too that we would hope you would have the decency to put yourself in their shoes, imagine what they saw at the time, and ask yourself, "Were they really trying to unfairly alter what I do in the game?" Or had they just jumped to a conclusion of what moves might be likely in the seconds that followed?

One of the things that makes humans great, is our ability to change!

And just as you can choose to become a 'better player', they can choose to become a 'better moderator'.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 7 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Démone, fisa, Jupiter, nachochesse, QueenOfQueens, solo_player123, Sora
(12-12-2020, 01:01 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

There was no teaming.

Congratulations!

I must admit, when I saw the next message that I was going to read was from 'Mindless', I groaned, and wondered what drama has occured now.

But it wasn't that bad at all!

You raise a valid point. Likely, whoever was viewing you, and decided to do what they did, did that based on past experiences of watching you play, and the moves and things that you did then.

Every time that you distribute unusual 'power' in any realm to someone, you necessarily raise the risk of corruption. And I hope that you realize that it is messages like yours, and the fears of the singled-out moderators who read them, helps to keep them 'in line' so to speak.

As Redfox suggested, I think that this was likely a case of a simple mistake. We all make them!

But were there a Moderator who, such as the police in America who should never have been given a gun and a uniform, and asked to 'protect the people', so too, if Sora discovers that a moderator has allowed the 'power to go to their heads', it is a simple as pie matter for him to remove their abilities again!

So know that your messages, and cases brought against moderators are encouraged. But know too that we would hope you would have the decency to put yourself in their shoes, imagine what they saw at the time, and ask yourself, "Were they really trying to unfairly alter what I do in the game?" Or had they just jumped to a conclusion of what moves might be likely in the seconds that followed?

One of the things that makes humans great, is our ability to change!

And just as you can choose to become a 'better player', they can choose to become a 'better moderator'.
     I don't team in solo servers, I remember being froze after someone leaving the game gave me his mass. Only a one time incident. There is a more passive form of teaming that is done by the more elite players where they do not exchange mass in an obvious we're a team manner. But they watch out for each other, communicate and will only help each other out in dire situations. At times one will help the other if one of them is being challenged by another player. They are less obvious about their teaming so they usually get away with " passive teaming"for a longer time. It is human nature to challenge authority, that is why I think some elite players like to push the boundaries of what they can get away with. 
    As far as moderators go, I'm glad Agma has them. Agario has no moderators and slow teaming has taken over that site.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • Démone, fisa, solo_player123, Squirrel

Mindless...

The situation you describe doesn't ring a bell at all and i wouldn't have frozen because a player quits and gives his mass, i don't remember either to have froze someone close to you.  Yes i have done this a lot in the past  ( give my mass when i left) now i often scatter it or share it with the solo player with whom i had a great battle but lost the battle against me. Or if i don't see any solo player , I respawn my mass ! SHAME ON ME !  Angel  As Redfox says,  'error is human' and it's better to have moderation on this server because it really needs it ! Whether for teaming or toxicity on this server ! 

P.S. Can you tell  me please who was the player to whom you gave your mass and around what time that's happened?

_____________________

I mostly freeze 'big' splitrunning teamers ( or teamers who come back day after day and team up all day, i'm less patient lol) but we all know that teaming means more than that . Maybe some people will criticize my actions but here are my 2 main reasons : 

1- I would not like this game to become an ' ice rink' ( there is so much teaming on this server on all these forms !!!) 
2- Because i also know  a lot of players like to beat teams, it's a challenge, including me. Usually, it's not complicated to eat them and a good challenge Wink 

I prefer to give warnings !!  Tongue

Démone  Heart
[-] The following 5 users Like Démone's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter, nachochesse, solo_player123, Squirrel
(12-12-2020, 01:54 PM)Démone Wrote:

Mindless...

The situation you describe doesn't ring a bell at all and i wouldn't have frozen because a player quits and gives his mass, i don't remember either to have froze someone close to you.  Yes i have done this a lot in the past  ( give my mass when i left) now i often scatter it or share it with the solo player with whom i had a great battle but lost the battle against me. Or if i don't see any solo player , I respawn my mass ! SHAME ON ME !  Angel  As Redfox says,  'error is human' and it's better to have moderation on this server because it really needs it ! Whether for teaming or toxicity on this server ! 

P.S. Can you tell  me please who was the player to whom you gave your mass and around what time that's happened?

_____________________

I mostly freeze 'big' splitrunning teamers ( or teamers who come back day after day and team up all day, i'm less patient lol) but we all know that teaming means more than that . Maybe some people will criticize my actions but here are my 2 main reasons : 

1- I would not like this game to become an ' ice rink' ( there is so much teaming on this server on all these forms !!!) 
2- Because i also know  a lot of players like to beat teams, it's a challenge, including me. Usually, it's not complicated to eat them and a good challenge Wink 

I prefer to give warnings !!  Tongue

Démone  Heart
    So if the players you are watching team are really not that talented you let them be, because you know an elite player will eventually kick both their asses and you don't want to take that elite player's "funtime" away. On the contrary if you observe two elite players gobbling up the map you take action. Sounds fair.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • Démone, fisa, Squirrel
The funniest thing about this incident is that....

the player I was giving mass to was CLEARLY trying to run from me and did not want the mass.

I suspect the mod was spectating coffee time specifically.  Because if the mod was watching the server as a whole they would have saw the whole situation and that the player was trying to run.  Since they were most likely spectating coffee time, they only saw the very end of it and I guess that seemed like teaming?  even though there was zero split running and exchange of mass back AND FORTH.

This was a TRUE example of just how BIAS. UNQUALIFIED, INCOMPETENT, AND INCONSISTENT mods are.
What do you suggest to change to improve the moderation in Solo Agf.io?
[-] The following 1 user Likes solo_player123's post:
  • Sora
(01-05-2021, 03:53 PM)solo_player123 Wrote: What do you suggest to change to improve the moderation in Solo Agf.io?

There is no need to improve the moderation in solo agf
It is good the way it is and 
Demone is doing the right job by freezing teamers as there are many solo players and its a huge disadvantage for them Exclamation

Though he made a mistake by freezing the player Mindless wanted to give his mass since he was leaving

I am sure it is was all for a good cause and truly this one was a misunderstanding Smile

[Image: bannerdiscor.gif]   

[-] The following 3 users Like fisa's post:
  • Démone, Sora, Squirrel
Quote:There is no need to improve the moderation in solo agf
It is good the way it is
Nah.

1. There are only 3 moderators = not enough
2. Moderators can only freeze -> teamers feed there team mate, teamers respawn and continue to team (respawning remove the freezing)
3. Moderators can mute but there is an easy trick to escape the mute and many players seem to know it or they figure it out
4. Sometimes there are so many teamers and moderators have so few power, they struggle to handle the teamers as is too much to handle (I believe moderators have to use chat commands, instead of simply right-click an player, then click on "freeze")
5. We don't know much about bans but what we know is that some players come to the server pretty much every day to team, the same players, again and again. It does not seem like they get banned.

( Some might get banned but not all. Example for 5. is "Rocio", a level 200 player who teamed there countless time (on more than 20 different days I'd guess) and still is unbanned. )

Moderators might do a good job but moderation tools need to be improved.
[-] The following 2 users Like solo_player123's post:
  • Apix , fisa
I just wanna say that we should all know Mindless is a long solo player.
But yeah, just a mistake probably. Because how that looked was very teamy (I made up a new word lads)

And also, you're a cool lad Mindless lol
[-] The following 3 users Like Apix 's post:
  • fisa, Mindless, Redfox
Yeah I have not seen him teaming recently so I agree, he is a solo player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redfox's post:
  • fisa

There was no teaming.

It's ok if you just forgot that Solo Agf.io didn't tolerate teaming, every player forgets that rule most of the time, when I was playing in Solo Selffeed Royale Eu, Some random players were teaming without a reason, I try to give them a warning and force them not to but.. nope... didn't work at all, either they just forgot that Solo Selffeed Royale Eu didn't tolerate teaming either or they refuse to care and just disobey that rule anyways. The easiest way only to giveaway your mass if your leaving is by respawning by pressing m or switch to another server. That when you won't end up having to get frustrated and desperate trying to giveaway your mass to a player in the game all the time. Also, I think you kind of misspelled the word, " Allowed " and you have to be careful with Coffee Time because he is being caught teaming, someone in the forums actually did reported it to me and they said that Coffee time kept logging into another account so that when he won't end up getting banned. Most of the time in some servers, the only reason you are prohibited to attempt to team with a player is that most players will get very angry and end up complaining about that because they just think it's incredibly annoying to them, and it's a challenge. So next time, when go to any server that doesn't tolerate teaming, try to remember this sentence even more often," NO TEAMING! ", I'm not honestly trying to make fun of you for making that mistake, everyone makes a mistake all the time at some point and that isn't a big deal, as long as you apologize or whatever it is fine. Big Grin
[Image: 665b20635c9dd99d3ede3799d120ada3.png]

If you have any questions? feel free to dm me on discord (NACHO CHEESE Agma.io#2402) or you can private message me in this website. I will happily be here to help you out with anything, Enjoy your day! Big Grin
@nachochesse
[Image: soloserver0mkhz.png]

I believe the primary problem of the server is that it is a double-hybride of 4 different aspects that don't work well together.

1. At the one hand some players ( such as Mindless ) want to play competitive matches on that server, on the other hand the server, even while it has amazing mechanics for that, is also the home of many farmers ( coins and power-ups ) and has characteristics that are completely the opposite of what a server for competitive players should have. There are lots of... mass power-ups... portals with exit points at bad positions... virus fast farming... TWO spawn masses...and so on.

2. At the other hand, the server originally was supposed to be an attempt to integrate the original Agarioforums.io game ( the predecessor of Agma.io ) into Agma. A reminiscence of the old game. While Agma itself, with its new servers, was the future of Sora's vision. Since the launch of the original  Solo AGF server it got a couple of updates. For example the original server was closed and the current server was opened, which is basically the same but without teaming and without power-ups. Later on more changes have been made, for example portal feeding to get mass has been removed, and three players (Demone, Light, Finky) have been promoted to moderators.

Now, in 2021, Solo AGF is an unfinished construction site that's on hold. The idea of removing anti-teaming and replacing it with moderators was keen and sounded like a good plan, but it doesn't really work out. It needs to be adjusted. And I think a lot of players is waiting for that (better moderation tools, for example), including the moderators.

Mindless perfectly knows that the server is a solo server. He is an "old" player and he plays on the server and its predecessor(s) for a long time (years). It's not about that, it's a long story, including personal fights (arguments and more) between Mindless and all three moderators. We don't know for sure but it seems to be reasonable to assume that both sides don't like each other. However, I believe the moderators try to do a great job and they would not abuse their powers on Mindless, even as they don't like them. My point is: They don't abuse thir powers on me either and well, at least one of them doesn't like me. And I have argued a lot with all of them, and still sometimes do. And still I have to say, in my opinion they do a great job and are dedicated to fight the teaming on the server. I'm sure they sometimes make mistakes, they did it to me as well. But that's the price we have to pay for anti-teaming being removed! And another interesting fact: Mindless was one of those who insisted on anti-teaming being removed! If i remember he pretty much was the spearhead of those who wanted that change...
[-] The following 2 users Like solo_player123's post:
  • fisa, Squirrel

There was no teaming.

I don't think Demone did anything wrong because everyone, (including mods) has right to spam powerups and get mass. And the mass he got from using his own powers is his mass, so he has right to give the mass to whoever he wants.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lazaro's post:
  • solo_player123