Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#LestWeForget
In the coming days, we will be holding events in various countries around the world, as we recall a time that democracy had to be fought for.

A number of countries recognize November 11th as 'Remembrance Day', or 'Armistice Day' -- the day in 1918 that an agreement was signed between various participating countries that officially ended the hostilities.

Many people fought and died, fighting for countries rights to be free.

So I just wanted to post a message, and hopefully you will keep in mind over the following days that democracy and freedom are not givens, but fought for.

Canada participated in both World Wars, and many of those who served, either came back in coffins, or their bodies interned where they fell. In some cases, their bodies were never found.

On November 11th, I hope you'll consider the cost of lives lost, so that many parts of the world could continue to enjoy freedom.

This year in Canada, the Canadian Mint has released several coins commemorating significant events that revolved around our freedom.

The V-Day coin commemorates the official end of the second world war in 1945:

[Image: Royal_Canadian_Mint_Royal_Canadian_Mint_...lish&w=950]

And a related item, as WW II ended countries banded together in the hopes that such a global outbreak of war would never have to happen again, creating the United Nations officially in October of 1945.

Canada is also releasing a circulation coin this year commemorating the signing of the United Nations Charter:

[Image: 2020-canada-color-plain-coins-lead.jpg?s...edfac1d1_0]

If your country is also holding events, and commemorating the cost of freedom, I hope that you will share it with us here!

[Image: anzac.jpg]
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • imHitu, Jupiter, nachochesse, Sora
(11-07-2020, 03:55 PM)Squirrel Wrote: In the coming days, we will be holding events in various countries around the world, as we recall a time that democracy had to be fought for.

A number of countries recognize November 11th as 'Remembrance Day', or 'Armistice Day' -- the day in 1918 that an agreement was signed between various participating countries that officially ended the hostilities.

Many people fought and died, fighting for countries rights to be free.

So I just wanted to post a message, and hopefully you will keep in mind over the following days that democracy and freedom are not givens, but fought for.

Canada participated in both World Wars, and many of those who served, either came back in coffins, or their bodies interned where they fell. In some cases, their bodies were never found.

On November 11th, I hope you'll consider the cost of lives lost, so that many parts of the world could continue to enjoy freedom.

This year in Canada, the Canadian Mint has released several coins commemorating significant events that revolved around our freedom.

The V-Day coin commemorates the official end of the second world war in 1945:

[Image: Royal_Canadian_Mint_Royal_Canadian_Mint_...lish&w=950]

And a related item, as WW II ended countries banded together in the hopes that such a global outbreak of war would never have to happen again, creating the United Nations officially in October of 1945.

Canada is also releasing a circulation coin this year commemorating the signing of the United Nations Charter:

[Image: 2020-canada-color-plain-coins-lead.jpg?s...edfac1d1_0]

If your country is also holding events, and commemorating the cost of freedom, I hope that you will share it with us here!

[Image: anzac.jpg]

Yes I agree! I will never forget the people who died  Huh I really think they have the big impact towards country. They are the ones who satisfy their lives to protect our country. I really wan say hats of to them for fighting for our country.
Hello there! I am Hitu. Nice to meet you! If you any questions about me or Agma.io private message me!  Btw I am youtuber make sure to subscribe to my channel- Hitu agma
[-] The following 2 users Like imHitu's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel