Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Messaging Sora
(06-16-2020, 04:44 PM)Breakfast Wrote: I would say there should be a more professional customer team that also requires training. Such as every support has their own little time slot for helping people. Alot of people have alot of questions and alot of the time, they just go onto the discord, but what if they have payment issues for example? they cant just email sora and wait, as that could cause more issues

This is a community-based game, run by a community-based group. Sora has from the start had his eye on bettering the larger agar.io community. by bringing them into the process, by grabbing this domain, agarioforums.net.

Normally, one guy does not "create a game". In this case, it almost seems like it, but if you go through the messages here, you find a whole series of contributors who have come before. You can't ask this game to have "professional staff", because we are using quite a young group of people, and they need considerations. They will, from time to time, be kids, and that will not always have the professional look.

But I say, so what?!  This is a communal game, where everyone who is truly willing to give of their time to make the game and the community better, is accepted! Every last person who has put heart and soul into bettering the game has been a volunteer, and it's nice, and likely that that will continue.

This is not a huge conglomerate game-manufacturer, looking to squeeze more out of the "bottom-line".  Yes, Sora is rare, but if you've ever had a chance to talk to him, you know how much he has given to this whole thing, and how he values the community his passion has helped create.

If you take some time, go log into Steam, and check out the many hundreds of people who would like to develop a game, who still realize their visions and goals are a pipe-dream, that requires help from "the public". Agma has been no different, except we have not had to "raise money" to pay the developers, we simply have to be happy with what happened to come Sora's way. (We've had a few very kind and important players, I believe, who have kind of filled in that gap!)

Payment issues are one thing that I find important, and I'm sure Sora does as well. But I have witnessed a few customers of my company who are would-be game developers, and understand how cutthroat the gaming industry is. Sora is right to trust slowly, and although the young people who end up having a problem with payment may find this a bigger deal, simply because they are generally not rich, it's just another element of the "communal" fabric of this game, that Sora needs some time to straighten those out.

I love the aspect of warmth that exists through virtually every element of the community, and I think we just have to accept that it's not a game you go into a store, shell out a lot of money, and put on a credit card.

We'll continue to "make it better", as volunteers permit us to, and trust that Sora is doing what he can to make evryone's experience a good one.

But Shade is already throwing a bunch of effort at "training" with his personal pet project to document everything. In the end, it will read like a player and Staff tutorial, I believe! The natural inquisition of young people, and their own will to learn something, and "get ahead" where they truly have desire, I believe will carry the rest!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Hello, Redfox here!

Opinions are opinions and here is mine:

Community based , how would you define it? Let’s not forget that Agmaio is a commercial software service. It is not an open source software, but a commercial software with owners, with income and expenses. It is not democratic , which one would assume if it was community based? All the power is in the hands of the owners. Let’s not forget it.

And nowadays there does not seem to be much relation to Agario ? NOT seems to be focused fully on Agmaio. The name is agarioforums, there could be another forum for all the other games, like slitherforums, but instead there is a category in this forum for slither. "WHY!? WHY" Where is a link to all the other games official discords, I don’t see these links. Only an example.

Also we should not forget that games are similar, not a complete new game, and also Agmaio as a whole was not only created by someone but they modified an already created game I think? maybe but I don’t know which sorry.

If this is agarioforums not only agmaioforum in my opinion we should not draw only one half of the picture but be neutral so everyone of the audience gets neutral facts not only the official history from the Agmaio archives.

And so we should also talk about the problems between the owner of the game Sora and some members of the community! Or former members. Nuke has made a new game. And the maker of miracle also left the Community. And there is also trouble with Tony? And Aylin stopped when she found out that the now number one of the server world ranking is often afk in the game while other players make xp for him. Not everyone is happy and not everyone seems to be very welcome?

And the Community of Agmaio is warm to some but is they warm to all? Why did the player supergirl go inactive ? Why are there threads in this forum with screen prints of toxicity? One old player , I will not tell the name, told me he is very annoyed by the toxicity and waiting for years for in game moderating. For many years. I don’t know if it is true it is what he told me.

And other problem is that Agmaio is called a pay for the win game. Other clones of Agario refuse to be pay for win games. I think Senpaio maker said this. He does not want his game to be a pay for win game. But in Agamio the players they can buy powerups and bots with dollars. It is not an innocent game when players  can buy victory? And i have also been told that YouTubers with many subscribers get money from the Sora. She gives them money to make YouTube edits with Agamio. And also she gives them powerups? I don’t know maybe this is not true only rumor.

But not everything is perfect and also the things that are not perfect should maybe be mentioned for a balance in the debating. Only my opinion.

Goodbye
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redfox's post:
  • Rocksock
(06-22-2020, 02:00 AM)Redfox Wrote: Community based , how would you define it? Let’s not forget that Agmaio is a commercial software service. It is not an open source software, but a commercial software with owners, with income and expenses. It is not democratic , which one would assume if it was community based? All the power is in the hands of the owners. Let’s not forget it.
While you can say it exists as a business, then again you can say that is what it must be, in order to survive.

(06-22-2020, 02:00 AM)Redfox Wrote: And nowadays there does not seem to be much relation to Agario ? NOT seems to be focused fully on Agmaio. The name is agarioforums, there could be another forum for all the other games, like slitherforums, but instead there is a category in this forum for slither. "WHY!? WHY" Where is a link to all the other games official discords, I don’t see these links. Only an example.
This is just the product of game-evolution. Many have commented how MiniClip has no real passion or interest in the community of players. Someone else stepped up, and filled in the gaps, cared about the people.

(06-22-2020, 02:00 AM)Redfox Wrote: If this is agarioforums not only agmaioforum in my opinion we should not draw only one half of the picture but be neutral so everyone of the audience gets neutral facts not only the official history from the Agmaio archives.
The bias here is normal, and natural. This game may have began as a splinter off of the larger MiniClip game, which started with the same open-source code as MiniClip started with, but has grown to encompass and embrace the users around it.

(06-22-2020, 02:00 AM)Redfox Wrote: And so we should also talk about the problems between the owner of the game Sora and some members of the community! Or former members. Nuke has made a new game. And the maker of miracle also left the Community. And there is also trouble with Tony? And Aylin stopped when she found out that the now number one of the server world ranking is often afk in the game while other players make xp for him. Not everyone is happy and not everyone seems to be very welcome?
Every community has problems, since every human has problems. You are exhibiting your own issues (as much as I care about you) right now! And it is also natural for some young people who may have started as a game-contributor, when there were 'creative differences' with the single owner who made all of this possible, that they chose to pursue options with another game instead. You yourself are considering the same option!

(06-22-2020, 02:00 AM)Samira Wrote: But not everything is perfect and also the things that are not perfect should maybe be mentioned for a balance in the debating. Only my opinion.

Well said. I wish you had chosen differently... But the stubbornness of German women is legendary. Even my own mother proclaimed it to be so. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(06-12-2020, 11:50 AM)Kevin/HazR Wrote: Hello Agarioforums members.

I hope this is obvious enough, but i’ve seen a lot of people complaining about how quickly sora replies back to Private Messages. And i wanted to talk on that subject a little bit, sora is working really hard on this game and on the community, so therefore he doesnt always have the time to reply back to everyone. You guys could go on the discord and ask for support members who are there to answer your questions to the greatest extend they can. So please if you can, private message other staff than Sora, it only stresses him more than what’s needed.

I agree, he's busy all the time and i know it stresses him out, i only wish @retslac was around from time to time to help lighten his load.
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]