Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is playing as this country a problem?
When I play Agario, I like to play as Nigeria, and I notice many other people play as various countries. Does any other player out there actually see a problem with playing as Nigeria? If you do, why is this? I am asking because I am receiving negative attention over it during the game. The developers of the game had to produce this Nigeria skin so it seems it was intended for use.
(05-22-2020, 09:22 AM)slice312 Wrote: When I play Agario, I like to play as Nigeria, and I notice many other people play as various countries. Does any other player out there actually see a problem with playing as Nigeria? If you do, why is this? I am asking because I am receiving negative attention over it during the game. The developers of the game had to produce this Nigeria skin so it seems it was intended for use.

Nigeria does have a reputation for having an unfortunately corrupt government?! But I see no reason why the Nigerian flag should conjure up any major amount of resentment?!

I'm not even sure I'd recognize that your skin was based on Nigerian culture/etc.!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run
I don't see a problem with playing as Nigeria..?
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
(05-22-2020, 09:22 AM)slice312 Wrote: When I play Agario, I like to play as Nigeria, and I notice many other people play as various countries. Does any other player out there actually see a problem with playing as Nigeria? If you do, why is this? I am asking because I am receiving negative attention over it during the game. The developers of the game had to produce this Nigeria skin so it seems it was intended for use.

What do you mean by negative attention?
(05-23-2020, 02:19 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:

Some players change their names to "karma" and "troll", and purposely aim their circle at me, to send a message as if I am doing something obviously wrong.

I'm trying to figure out if they have a valid point, or if they are just taking cheap shots at me. If you can state your opinion it would be appreciated. So far I have yet to find one neutral source claim this is actually trolling/wrongdoing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes slice312's post:
  • Jupiter
(05-23-2020, 06:48 AM)slice312 Wrote:

Some players change their names to "karma" and "troll", and purposely aim their circle at me, to send a message as if I am doing something obviously wrong.

I'm trying to figure out if they have a valid point, or if they are just taking cheap shots at me. If you can state your opinion it would be appreciated. So far I have yet to find one neutral source claim this is actually trolling/wrongdoing.

The behaviour you're describing is rather low-key, and the perps could just claim that you were being paranoid, and their name changes had nothing to do with you.

National pride exists almost anywhere, and just because in your country people who have influence sometimes use it to wrest more money from your pocket, and put it in theirs does not make it a bad country. And it certainly doesn't mean that everyone in the country is the same way!
Fight the Good Fight
  • Eden
(05-23-2020, 06:48 AM)slice312 Wrote:

Flags are a funny one for me. Personally I haven't seen to much of Nigeria lately. I play agario ffa in different regions exclusively. What I do remember of Nigeria is they were always a formidable foe so perhaps your gameplay infuriates some of the other players and they are seeking revenge. With the Nigerian flag being distinctive and your skills makes you one of those easy to spot and motivated to kill targets. U.S.A. tends to be trustworthy, for some reason I've been betrayed by Canada too much to ever consider partnering with anybody who uses the Canada cel. Mexico has at least one really awesome player who I enjoy teaming with. Never teamed with Nigeria, we usually fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
If someone targets you and trolls you for the sole reason of where you are from then it is them who is corrupt. people who fail to recognize that nationality is not a group and people that are all the same it is but a place where your roots lay. People who fail to see this sicken me if I were you I'd take their criticism and use it to your advantage. destroy them in-game and laugh in the face of your enemy! Wink

OR it could be a case of mild paranoia as @Squirrel stated... remember not everyone's out to get you and sometimes it may seem like it's 100% and you could still be wrong... life can be almost cruel like that but you're stronger than to let things like this get you down and you definitely seem to have the intelligence and maturity to not take it to heart.

If it continues however and you have solid proof I recommend you reach out to someone who has the authority and see if you can get something moving for you... I wouldn't know too much about it but I'd be willing to have a look into it if need be.

kind regards, 
Artemis/Shade
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
(05-23-2020, 10:45 PM)Shade1453 Wrote: If it continues however and you have solid proof I recommend you reach out to someone who has the authority and see if you can get something moving for you... I wouldn't know too much about it but I'd be willing to have a look into it if need be.

At this point, only Sora can ban people from the game.

But you should be able to mute the player!
(Find their cells, right click and you'll see 'Block' or 'Mute', I forget which it is.)

And I think I've heard you can now right click their name next to the chat too?? I hope that's right -- that is a much-needed feature.
Fight the Good Fight
  • DoctorFinkle
(05-24-2020, 03:11 AM)Squirrel Wrote: And I think I've heard you can now right click their name next to the chat too?? I hope that's right -- that is a much-needed feature.

Yes, that is correct. This way, you can also mute spectators.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Squirrel
(05-24-2020, 06:15 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 03:11 AM)Squirrel Wrote: And I think I've heard you can now right click their name next to the chat too?? I hope that's right -- that is a much-needed feature.

Oh man, that is SO GOOD! I hate those poor-sport spectators that croak, come back as a spectator, and talk about them being with your mom!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Jupiter
(05-26-2020, 06:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 06:15 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:

Oh man, that is SO GOOD!  I hate those poor-sport spectators that croak, come back as a spectator, and talk about them being with your mom!

LOL. Typical middle-schooler "comebacks."
[-] The following 2 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Jupiter, Squirrel
Nigeria is superior to all trolls