Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
staff
Hey! I really like playing agma.io and i have a lot of expierence with the players and stuff.

If you would give me moderaor i would be really happy! Tongue Tongue

My agma.io IGN :[Pro]Megan

if sora replies to me i hope i will get staff if not i will wait and i will post some months later

sora so if u are on pls reply

i hope its for good.Thank you for your time.
[-] The following 2 users Like [Pro]Megan's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Breakfast
(05-06-2020, 04:19 PM)[Pro]Megan Wrote: Hey! I really like playing agma.io and i have a lot of expierence with the players and stuff.

If you would give me moderaor i would be really happy! Tongue Tongue

My agma.io IGN :[Pro]Megan

if sora replies to me i hope i will get staff if not i will wait and i will post some months later

sora so if u are on pls reply

i hope its for good.Thank you for your time.

Hi Megan!

I'm positive Sora will be happy that you are ready to give of your time to volunteer!

Can I just ask you a couple questions? Are you only interested in becoming an in-game Moderator? If so, it will take awhile further, because the recent update did not include going live with in-game moderation features, as far as I know.

If you would also be willing to help out in our Discord server, then let me know and I can give you a list of things to work on that would make it more likely for you to be appointed as one!

Either way, thanks for offering some of your time to our cause!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
[Pro Wrote:Megan pid='132870' dateline='1588812262']
I should be a mod because i have a lot of expirence and i can help the community

Also im not the one to ban people that team in solo.If they team i give a warning , if they still do it after i just kick or ban or something like that.

Here's what i do basically every day in agma.io:

i go on solo battle royale (im really good at it)
i find teamers
i tell them to not team
if they still do it i give them more advice and stuff to not team in solo

so yeah , i hope i would get mod Blush Blush

So i wanna be a mod on the game , but on discord and the forums i cant because i dont have a discord or stuff so yeah , i hope i do get mod.
I have a lot of experience and i am really nice.
I hope i get mod .
Also im not the one banning people
if people team in solo i give warning then wait until they stop teaming if they read the warning
if they dont i ban or kick or something.

also i can help agma by adding like a teams gamemode and stuff
also something cool to add is a skin creator not to make on custom for it to be more easy for players to make their own skins
so im kinda good and also if i get mod i hope its for good
thank you for your time again
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle
(05-07-2020, 07:28 AM)[Pro]Megan Wrote: I should be a mod because i have a lot of expirence and i can help the community

Also im not the one to ban people that team in solo.If they team i give a warning , if they still do it after i just kick or ban or something like that.

i find teamers
i tell them to not team

So i wanna be a mod on the game , but on discord and the forums i cant because i dont have a discord or stuff so yeah , i hope i do get mod.
I hope i get mod .
if people team in solo i give warning then wait until they stop teaming if they read the warning

also something cool to add is a skin creator not to make on custom for it to be more easy for players to make their own skins

Okay...

Without the in-game moderation features, he won't need more in-game mods for now, I suspect, because all you could do would be to talk authoritatively at people, ask them to do the right thing.

But if they just cuss at you and ask what you'll do about it, well... there's nothing you can do.

I figure that Sora might keep a list... or perhaps have one of the Discord Server Staff keep a list of people who'd like to be an In-game Mod, and once they complete the features which would allow the In-game Mods to mute and kick players off a server, and so on, then Sora would start asking people who expressed an interest.

You might want to consider starting to use Discord? If Sora farms out the appointing of Mods to the Discord Staff, that way you would already be known to them, and be liable to gain votes.

Also, there is already a hidden place for the In-game Mods to talk and share information there, which would likely be the way that Sora would let In-game Mods know how he'd like them to handle their role.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, [Pro]Megan
I can help a lot .
Even if you cannot let me be a in-game mod , ill be happy to be one in the forums!!
Also if i will get in-game mod before 2021 ill be happy.
So let me know.
Also if you need me i wont be playing a lot because i do homework .
But you can ask me anything when i join or when i join the forums.
(05-07-2020, 02:44 PM)[Pro]Megan Wrote: I can help a lot .
Even if you cannot let me be a in-game mod , ill be happy to be one in the forums!!
Also if i will get in-game mod before 2021 ill be happy.
So let me know.
Also if you need me i wont be playing a lot because i do homework .
But you can ask me anything when i join or when i join the forums.

I appreciate your interest in helping out with moderation! At the moment we don’t have many official moderators on the forums, because it takes a while to get to know the members and how to handle conflict/problems within the forums. Not to mention, we don’t have too many members active enough to be moderated.  Tongue  So, I’m not quite sure if Sora is interested in adding an extra moderator at the moment. However, we do have some “secret moderators” here on the forums that help out with getting rid of pesky bots and reporting problems for staff to review. I think to start out with, that could be a helpful position for you to discuss with @Sora. You would have limited powers in the beginning, but with time, patience, and showing that you have the maturity to move up in moderator positions, it could one day lead to what you’re wanting.
Have any questions? Feel free to send me a private message! 

Please remember, I’m only a forums moderator. Not in Agma!  Heart
[-] The following 2 users Like QueenHeather's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Doigt
So , i will ask Sora for help , if she would like me as a mod , on the forums or anywhere , i can say im happy.
But if she says no, i will wait like a year or 2 or whatever and i will apply again.
So if you would be happy , i hope i get mod . Thank you for your time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes [Pro]Megan's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
Well i asked but i didnt get any response.
I hope i will get it tho.

Also i cant stay on after lke 10 pm because i go sleep at 10 pm so yeah.
(05-07-2020, 07:28 AM)[Pro]Megan Wrote:
[Pro Wrote:Megan pid='132870' dateline='1588812262']
I should be a mod because i have a lot of expirence and i can help the community

i find teamers
i tell them to not team

I hope i get mod .

Haha! I cannot stand players who team on solo servers. SOLO Agf.io is my home server so I can feel your frustration.
(05-08-2020, 07:22 AM)[Pro]Megan Wrote: Well i asked but i didnt get any response.
Sora is so busy he sometimes does not have time to reply to his friends pms. That is why he appoints people like Queen Heather to help him handle forum activities. You already got a pretty nice response from the staff so it's not like you didn't get any response. Nothing currently warrants your impatience nor the double post which comes with it.

For being a ten year old, I'd say you got the most positive outcome possible out of your request; on any other forum, people would have shut down any kind of hope for you the moment they would have known your age. So you should consider yourself lucky. Patiently wait for a reply and don't be too pushy or people might doubt the good intentions you claim to have.

If you are taken as a moderator, you will be expected to act responsibly and devote some time to the forums. It's like a volunteer job, it's not a position of power. Secret mods who handle spambots have a boring job, because bots never stop appearing en masse. Full mods have an ungrateful job, because they'll unavoidably have to deal with conflicts between users and those rarely end well. It can take a toll on your psyche on the long run. People who used to respect you will come to hate you for what you are and others will lick your boots. Of course, those two are extreme examples, but they happen and they are not uncommon; you have to understand that power comes with responsibility and drama. Being a forum mod is not a temporary occupation until in game mod powers are added to the game; people will rely on you and that would be unfair of you to treat this as a game.

As for others, I know what you will say, that I'm being too harsh to this kid. Perhaps, but commitment to the role is important and not enough people realize this. There are several historical precedents on these forums. I can name all moderators we've had, some of whom you wouldn't even know were moderators as for all we know about them is their username.
[-] The following 2 users Like Doigt's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(05-08-2020, 07:22 AM)[Pro]Megan Wrote: Well i asked but i didnt get any response.
I hope i will get it tho.

Also i cant stay on after lke 10 pm because i go sleep at 10 pm so yeah.

Sora is a very busy man, so it may take awhile before he notices you. But he does try to read everything here, because the Forums was how it all first started for him. (lol)

Honestly, your age is likely your largest stumbling block. In our Discord server. the #faq lists one of the requirements for 'Staff' being that you are at least 16. But don't let that totally take the wind out of your sails. Some people manage to reach a maturity well before when nature intended them to. Look at Robin, he's been an Admin on the Discord side for a few years now, and I think he is finally 16 or so now! (lol)

And as Heather said, Sora & company would want to have you have been around long enough that the entire community both knews who you are, and respects you. Smile

(05-09-2020, 04:15 AM)Doigt Wrote: As for others, I know what you will say, that I'm being too harsh to this kid. Perhaps, but commitment to the role is important and not enough people realize this. There are several historical precedents on these forums. I can name all moderators we've had, some of whom you wouldn't even know were moderators as for all we know about them is their username.

LOL!

It's okay! I thought your message was a perfect little speech to receive, before being unceremoniously dumped from the frying pan, into the proverbial fire! (lollll)

What you say about conflict resolution is so true!

It is 4 years later, but I still miss the Goat. (lol)

Good moderators grow old, but are never forgotten.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Doigt
(05-09-2020, 10:59 PM)Squirrel Wrote: It is 4 years later, but I still miss the Goat. (lol)
I keep up with him from time to time, nowadays he's super into web programming and he is even under the employ of a German tech company working for the government. He's going to get into college soon. He's still trying to convince me to use Visual Studio Code over Notepad++, however you can't change a man's years of habits like that haha!

I also recently remade contact with 101 as well. We hadn't spoken to each other since Pointless Clicker, imagine the shock he had when I told him that it wasn't really a thing anymore!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel
@Squirrel and @Doigt Im busy too with homework most of the time but in weekends i take my free time to play!

But sometimes i have weekend homework , like i have some homework remain for weekend (like today)and i can join only at like 2 pm minimum.
In monday-friday time i can join only by like 5 or 6 pm minimum.
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(05-10-2020, 03:15 PM)[Pro]Megan Wrote: @Squirrel and @Doigt Im busy too with homework most of the time but in weekends i take my free time to play!

But sometimes i have weekend homework , like i have some homework remain for weekend (like today)and i can join only at like 2 pm minimum.
In monday-friday time i can join only by like 5 or 6 pm minimum.

Thanks again for being so willing to help!

The opportunity hasn't come to you yet, but when it does try to remember that on-line is a 24x7 place, and while it may be 2pm for you, that doesn't tell anyone anything, unless we also known which time zone you're in!

If I post a message where I am (EST, Eastern North America) at 5pm (17:00) then in England it will be noon (12:00) and for someone in California (PST, Pacific Standard Time) it would be 2pm (14:00).

No need to tell us where you are right now... but if you want to play the game with someone, that very likely will be something they want to know as well! Just be careful who you tell, and remember that it reduces the likely places where you live on our planet by about 95%! That would be a very good start, to a stalker!
Fight the Good Fight
(05-10-2020, 08:24 PM)samira Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 01:24 AM)Doigt Wrote: He's still trying to convince me to use Visual Studio Code over Notepad++, however you can't change a man's years of habits like that haha!

Use a modern code editor at least  Sleepy

Sublime Text, Atom, Adobe Brackets, and so on!  Idea

That is a common misconception people have. Notepad++ is very modern. However it has a different design philosophy which may make it seem old to people who have barely used it if at all. It keeps getting new updates, it is lightweight, it has a wide selection of classy themes and plugins, and it is great at what it does.

I think that in the end, you should use the tool which is best for your needs and preferences, because ultimately that's what matters the most. A tool can't be the best for you if you don't like using it or can't use it effectively, no matter what other people say. What other people use, as long as it gets the job done, should be none of your business.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel