Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Idea. You asked for one.
How about game server for over 30 and under 30 ? People make the choice when they click to play. I know. asking to much. But think of the possibility's.  A secret tunnel a portal which u can't enter untill you have reached a worthy mass , or not.. You sneak a couple of your best players through the portal and surprise the defending army. It won't be an easy fight Chances are you won't make it back but you can try and run for it. Invade the oldies or , invade the under 30's .  And all ages still feel comfortable. Invading players  entering through the portals blink off and on.   Smile you can't sneak into your enemies camp undetected for very long. 

Maybe the over 30 crowd would come out of the wood work if there are enough to make it worth while. any way just a creative thought.
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 2 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Cen, run SPOT run
Maybe just check lists of servers and then join the coolest ones?

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Reaction 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(09-23-2016, 01:54 AM)REACTION Wrote: Maybe just check lists of servers and then join the coolest ones?

Hey good idea. Idea I'll do that. Thanks
(09-23-2016, 01:51 AM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote: How about game server for over 30 and under 30 ? People make the choice when they click to play. I know. asking to much. But think of the possibility's.  A secret tunnel a portal which u can't enter untill you have reached a worthy mass , or not.. You sneak a couple of your best players through the portal and surprise the defending army. It won't be an easy fight Chances are you won't make it back but you can try and run for it. Invade the oldies or , invade the under 30's .  And all ages still feel comfortable. Invading players  entering through the portals blink off and on.   Smile you can't sneak into your enemies camp undetected for very long. 

Maybe the over 30 crowd would come out of the wood work if there are enough to make it worth while. any way just a creative thought.

I'm not sure how well this idea would go.

First, I see no difference in skill between younger and older players. So why would older players even want to rather play with other older players?

Second, I think the vast number of players here are younger, and that would just leave the older players playing in a mostly empty place by themselves, which I think would just lead to more older people disappearing back into the cesspool-reality from which they appeared here at all. (lol)

Third, I think the natural energy, and exuberance of younger people, make them a treat to play with. (Okay, okay, if it's a spamfest, or when two of them are insulting each other, not so much.) But my point is, I think the younger people as a whole, give us more reasons to play.

I think we would first need to get 10 times as many of us old-timers, and then try not to croak, and pruposely not finish that tunnel between the two rooms, so the old-timers still stand a chance. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Relax , Sora, ™ Chronic
Very interesting idea.I especially like ideas containing some secret tunnels, camps, and exciting dungeon challenges, with defending and offending.

However, I think the ages part wouldn't be possible. Multiple reasons. Firstly, probably the vast majority won't type their real age. Secondly, people would want to try both teams, despite their age. Simply changing their age "virtually". But once the login system is in place, perhaps i'll make it possible to display user age on their profile. Maybe we could form some tournament(s) based on that, if people wish.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • Cen, Relax , ™ Chronic
(09-23-2016, 10:34 AM)Sora Wrote: Very interesting idea.I especially like ideas containing some secret tunnels, camps, and exciting dungeon challenges, with defending and offending.

However, I think the ages part wouldn't be possible. Multiple reasons. Firstly, probably the vast majority won't type their real age. Secondly, people would want to try both teams, despite their age. Simply changing their age "virtually". But once the login system is in place, perhaps i'll make it possible to display user age on their profile. Maybe we could form some tournament(s) based on that, if people wish.
lol @ Squirrel   The young crowd should pray that the tunnel never gets finished. It's their only chance for survival.  
They can run but they can't hide.  
But seriously. Youa nd Sora made some really good points.

So here is the deal. The kids have a really good thing going. I feel like an intruder and I don't want to weird or creep anyone out. But thats what I feel like.
I do love AGF  game and some times FFA. None of the other servers or game versions compare. So you guys gave me an idea. Maybe I can start a clan of golden oldies ..lol. And make a skin.  You know. Like a clan symbol???  "the oldies clan or something similar. That would work. Then the clan wars too. could be fun.

and yes Squirrel. Nothing against young people at all. It's not about young people. They are the best and it wouldn't be a game with out them. The game is fine. I see it's more or less just an issue I have . So I will fix it. I still like the idea of defending a room against invaders from another room though. Anyway thanks guys. It's all good.
(09-23-2016, 02:08 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote: lol @ Squirrel   The young crowd should pray that the tunnel never gets finished. It's their only chance for survival.  

So here is the deal. The kids have a really good thing going. I feel like an intruder and I don't want to weird or creep anyone out. But thats what I feel like.
I do love AGF  game and some times FFA. None of the other servers or game versions compare. So you guys gave me an idea. Maybe I can start a clan of golden oldies ..lol. And make a skin.  You know. Like a clan symbol???  "the oldies clan or something similar. That would work. Then the clan wars too. could be fun.

and yes Squirrel. Nothing against young people at all. It's not about young people. They are the best and it wouldn't be a game with out them. The game is fine. I see it's more or less just an issue I have . So I will fix it. I still like the idea of defending a room against invaders from another room though. Anyway thanks guys. It's all good.

You're lucky I read this, lol... placing an '@' in front of a user's name, 'mentions' them and generates an Alert for that person to come read your message.

When you reply to Person A, but then talk to Person B, just slip that '@' in there before Person B, make sure you have their name spelled right, and all is good! (You'll know it worked when you see your message, because Perrson B's name will look different, is clickable, and displays their account colour: bright white, green, sparkly-blue, or the staff colours.)

This has been an Old-Fogey Lesson by Squirrel. Big Grin
(That's OFLS, pronounced... 'awfuls', for you useless acronym nuts...)

It's natural for us old-timers to be reticent to accept that the taught eventually become the teachers. And it's all the more frustrating, because the pip-squeaks continue to display traits of immaturity (although which, in small doses, can be hilarious), and act as if everything is completely normal!

Well, it IS completely normal! I just don't mind, because: (a) a part of me never matured; and (b) I love to support the underdog, which makes me like them all very early on.
Fight the Good Fight
like the idea, but impossible for the age thing

[Image: giphy.gif]
You heard the man.
(09-23-2016, 08:22 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 02:08 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote: lol @ Squirrel   The young crowd should pray that the tunnel never gets finished. It's their only chance for survival.  

You're lucky I read this, lol... placing an '@' in front of a user's name, 'mentions' them and generates an Alert for that person to come read your message.

When you reply to Person A, but then talk to Person B, just slip that '@' in there before Person B, make sure you have their name spelled right, and all is good! (You'll know it worked when you see your message, because Perrson B's name will look different, is clickable, and displays their account colour: bright white, green, sparkly-blue, or the staff colours.)

It's natural for us old-timers to be reticent to accept that the taught eventually become the teachers. And it's all the more frustrating, because the pip-squeaks continue to display traits of immaturity (although which, in small doses, can be hilarious), and act as if everything is completely normal!

Well, it IS completely normal! I just don't mind, because: (a) a part of me never matured; and (b) I love to support the underdog, which makes me like them all very early on.
I did put an @ in front of your name.  I read my post again and I see where I mistook Cens post for yours ... I think. Thanks for the tip. This forum actually has a learning curve.  Lots to read though.

I never thought the day would come where Grand Father and Little Grass Hopper would reverse rolls. lol  I'm not sure if it would be a  gracefull procedure or not. lol  Maybe tha's what they mean by ageing gracefully.  Undecided 

It's all good now I worked things out and it works good for me.  You will see me playing as  TM Soloist: Old Guy now.  I tried it and it did wonders.  some players even  fed me out of pity.  Big Grin   but whatever works (snickers) I might use the name "Really Old Guy" and see what happens.
(09-23-2016, 10:38 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote:

I did put an @ in front of your name.  I read my post again and I see where I mistook Cens post for yours ... I think. Thanks for the tip. This forum actually has a learning curve.  Lots to read though.

I never thought the day would come where Grand Father and Little Grass Hopper would reverse rolls. lol  I'm not sure if it would be a  gracefull procedure or not. lol  Maybe tha's what they mean by ageing gracefully.  Undecided 

It's all good now I worked things out and it works good for me.  You will see me playing as  TM Soloist: Old Guy now.  I tried it and it did wonders.  some players even  fed me out of pity.  Big Grin   but whatever works (snickers) I might use the name "Really Old Guy" and see what happens.

Don't keep your age in your mind. It'll limit you unnecessarily.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sora's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(09-23-2016, 11:44 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 11:37 PM)Sora Wrote: Don't keep your age in your mind. It'll limit you unnecessarily.

Unless the law is involved.

lol   yes of course. Especially then.   Undecided

(09-23-2016, 11:37 PM)Sora Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 10:38 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote:

Don't keep your age in your mind. It'll limit you unnecessarily.
Just a minute. I have to find my glasses.  lol  

Thanks for that Sora. You wrote that right? It's so far to the top I forgot why I was scrolling.
(09-23-2016, 10:38 PM)TM Soloist: Members 1 Wrote: I did put an @ in front of your name.  I read my post again and I see where I mistook Cens post for yours ... I think. Thanks for the tip. This forum actually has a learning curve.  Lots to read though.

You did put an '@' before my name, but used it as 3L1t3 5P34K ~teeeeeassse!~ Next time... try it without the space between @ and name. Wink
Your name, due to the imbedded spaces is slightly harder and also requires the use of apostriophes.

@'TM Soloist: Members 1', I just gave you an extra alert of the 'mention' variety. Study! There's gonna be a test tomorrow!  ~grins~

(09-23-2016, 08:55 PM)Relax Wrote: What's the point of the ages thing? Very few users are over 30, (none of the staff (maybe Gandalf)), and most of the 'problems' don't arise from age. Some people camp and act immaturely but I think the only people in the server will be you, @Squirrel , and Run Spot Run.

You are missing a few more. Us old-fogey's can fly under the radar much easier. :|

~makes a short post, just to befuddle you~

PS: If more of you would take to my snipping lessons, you wouldn't have to scroll past what you already know that I said 5 and 10 times!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Relax
Please stay on topic.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

(09-24-2016, 01:29 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 05:00 AM)REACTION Wrote: Please stay on topic.

No.

Lol, savage.

Relax you're over 120 years old man.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikasa's post:
  • Relax
(09-24-2016, 05:12 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 02:53 PM)Mikasa Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 01:29 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 05:00 AM)REACTION Wrote: Please stay on topic.

No.

Lol, savage.

Relax you're over 120 years old man.

How many childs do you have?
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."