Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non verbal communication
Been entertaining the idea of playing Agma lately. I'll just say that I played a few times. Although the mechanics are similar this is a completely different game. Hardest for me was setting up to virus someone and as I'm used to shooting 11 W's into a virus I would do that in Agma and end up shooting 11 viruses into my adversary. Kind of comical. What I really like about the game is you can text while playing or spectating. A huge miss in agario as that option isn't available. Had an Interesting conversation with Dr. Finkle while I was spectating him. He amazes me, while playing he was still able to text me. So in agma non verbal communication is not used as often. But I'm sure it still is used. Circling near someone in a frenetic way is an indication to feed me or remember me let's partner again. If the circling is more even and slower it is an indication of laughter. He could be laughing at you or he might want to share in something funny that just happened such as he just virused someone or someone else who hit a virus while trying to eat him. If an adversary tried to eat me whiIe I was split in two and he was close but unsuccessful sometimes I will shoot him a W or two as to say nice try. If someone seems insistent on having me as a partner and I don't want any part of it I will stop and shake horizontally as to say no. I'm sure there are many other ways to communicate nonverbally. These are the more common ones I use in agario.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Sora, Squirrel
Hey Jupiter!! Smile

Agma.io is superior to Agar.io. There is a variety of servers to choose from (Agf is the best Big Grin), and all of the servers are very fast-paced compared to Agar.io. I must say that above all, the social aspect of the game is truly the best.

Hope to see you again on the map soon! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • incompetency
Finky, I have played Agma a few times and so far I haven't come across the many problems that plague Agario ( lag and freezing). Need to play Agma more to find out if this game has glitches like the one you mention in a post. From my observations of Agma I watch the solo server, I have not seen any "slow teaming" on this server. I like that you can text and was observing someone being teamed on. He wasn't too happy about it and texting f.o. (at least he used abbreviations for the bad words). I don't think others might handle themselves better and might text a lot more colorfully. Texting and playing is a skill that I know I'd have a hard time mastering. So for now I do enjoy agario more.Over four years of honing my agario skills compared to trying Agma a few times I just feel more at home in agario but that could change as I will give Agma a try. Hope to see you ou there when I'm playing or observing. Was entertaining watching you play and I'm amazed you were able to text me while playing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle
(04-23-2020, 12:51 PM)Jupiter Wrote: Been entertaining the idea of playing Agma lately. I'll just say that I played a few times. Although the mechanics are similar this is a completely different game. Hardest for me was setting up to virus someone and as I'm used to shooting 11 W's into a virus I would do that in Agma and end up shooting 11 viruses into my adversary. Kind of comical. What I really like about the game is you can text while playing or spectating. A huge miss in agario as that option isn't available. Had an Interesting conversation with Dr. Finkle while I was spectating him. He amazes me, while playing he was still able to text me. So in agma non verbal communication is not used as often. But I'm sure it still is used. Circling near someone in a frenetic way is an indication to feed me or remember me let's partner again. If the circling is more even and slower it is an indication of laughter. He could be laughing at you or he might want to share in something funny that just happened such as he just virused someone or someone else who hit a virus while trying to eat him. If an adversary tried to eat me whiIe I was split in two and he was close but unsuccessful sometimes I will shoot him a W or two as to say nice try. If someone seems insistent on having me as a partner and I don't want any part of it I will stop and shake horizontally as to say no. I'm sure there are many other ways to communicate nonverbally. These are the more common ones I use in agario.

The only times I played FFA in Agar.io were the times I tried to go into Teams, but miss-clicked… (lol) But you make good points -- some communication is possible even without a chat. In Teams though, it was fast enough paced that I never did see much in the way of attempted communication, other than a few W's "hey, come help me! "

I liked Teams because your role would change rapidly, as your size and circumstance did. And there was a long-term goal that was reachable, and pleasant (those last minutes where the last of the other two colours had been vanquished, and all your teammates are just going everywhere around the map, shooting off their mass, kind of like ball players popping champagne bottles after winning a championship. (lol)

I am more of a game-purist, I guess, and although after I discovered these Forums, and found out there were several "browser extensions"/scripts that added an in-game chat, I just feel that is a bit like cheating, and never did it.

Now that my son is both on Discord, and plays Agma now and then, having a Discord voice channel open to talk to your teammate while playing Agma in fullscreen….. yeah, that is definitely the nicest way to play.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-25-2020, 02:57 AM)Squirrel Wrote: The only times I played FFA in Agar.io were the times I tried to go into Teams, but miss-clicked… (lol)  But you make good points -- some communication is possible even without a chat. In Teams though, it was fast enough paced that I never did see much in the way of attempted communication, other than a few W's "hey, come help me! "

I liked Teams because your role would change rapidly, as your size and circumstance did. And there was a long-term goal that was reachable, and pleasant (those last minutes where the last of the other two colours had been vanquished, and all your teammates are just going everywhere around the map, shooting off their mass, kind of like ball players popping champagne bottles after winning a championship. (lol)

I am more of a game-purist, I guess, and although after I discovered these Forums, and found out there were several "browser extensions"/scripts that added an in-game chat, I just feel that is a bit like cheating, and never did it.

Now that my son is both on Discord, and plays Agma now and then, having a Discord voice channel open to talk to your teammate while playing Agma in fullscreen….. yeah, that is definitely the nicest way to play.

I didn't always play Teams but when I did i was always put on the smallest team Dodgy
[-] The following 2 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Jupiter
(04-25-2020, 03:22 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: I didn't always play Teams but when I did i was always put on the smallest team Dodgy

Yes, but once you're on a team, it keeps putting you back on the same one... It makes sense for it to add the newest player to the smallest size team. No problem, just a bit more of a challenge, right?!

I was on the "winning team" quite a few times. lol

I would love to first build what I called a "squirrels nest" (about 20-30 viruses, clumped together in haphazard fashion, lolol)

Then as a small guy I would leave the nest, venture out... bring a big sucker back to the nest and blow him up... Or, I would enjoy being "bait" for my teammates... find a big guy on my side, then go find him a victim....lolol

And then the cross-team teamers ruined everything. Sad But that's okay, because along came Agma, and I'm quite fond of SuperSonic. Smile

(Although I don't have many friends there, because I eat 'em all... lol)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Jupiter
(04-25-2020, 02:01 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:22 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: I didn't always play Teams but when I did i was always put on the smallest team Dodgy

Yes, but once you're on a team, it keeps putting you back on the same one... It makes sense for it to add the newest player to the smallest size team. No problem, just a bit more of a challenge, right?!

I was on the "winning team" quite a few times. lol

I would love to first build what I called a "squirrels nest" (about 20-30 viruses, clumped together in haphazard fashion, lolol)

Then as a small guy I would leave the nest, venture out... bring a big sucker back to the nest and blow him up... Or, I would enjoy being "bait" for my teammates... find a big guy on my side, then go find him a victim....lolol

And then the cross-team teamers ruined everything. Sad But that's okay, because along came Agma, and I'm quite fond of SuperSonic. Smile

(Although I don't have many friends there, because I eat 'em all... lol)
    Build a squirrel's nest and entice a big fool back to your squirrel's nest and blast on him.  Big Grin  I love it. Must have been hilarious when your " fool's bait"plan is successful. I can imagine you laughing so hard you could barely continue to play while your victim is red faced embarrassed and angry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(04-25-2020, 02:54 PM)Jupiter Wrote:     Build a squirrel's nest and entice a big fool back to your squirrel's nest and blast on him.  Big Grin  I love it. Must have been hilarious when your " fool's bait"plan is successful. I can imagine you laughing so hard you could barely continue to play while your victim is red faced embarrassed and angry.

It was hella fun, yeah... and I usually wasn't small for that long, but if we were the smallest team, then it was cool because other teammates would hang out in my nest with me, lolol
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter
(04-27-2020, 02:46 AM)samira Wrote: Sounds like fun! The few times I tried to play team mode it was rather boring .... no viruses to eat, not much team play , and yeah. Confused

Yes... I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that with such an easy and simplistic game as agar.io, that you're going to find simpletons playing it. And you can't really get people that you know onto the same team as you, unless they use VPN, and if they don't end up as the correct colour, then they disconnect, reconnect via VPN so they have a new IP, and keep doing that 'til they are the right colour. Kind of a hassle. (lol)

But you can be the thinker who plays well, using the landscape and size to choose the role that best helps your team. Smile

Even if that means finding a big guy to basically follow around... when you get too big, you donate your mass to your partnered big-guy, and then go fishing as bait again! lolol
Fight the Good Fight